RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/30/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

team chemistry...priceless. How many divas can one team withstand? Dissing teammates does not generally help.

It's harder on a team that is losing than on a team that is winning. The schedule is pretty favorable so perhaps they can keep a reasonable winning % but it will be tough w/o CP.

GloJo has always come off as 'me, me, me' - ie not the greatest teammate. But she is skilled. Maybe they should bring in Bone and the two of them can entertain each other with how great they are....

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
team chemistry...priceless. How many divas can one team withstand? Dissing teammates does not generally help.

It's harder on a team that is losing than on a team that is winning. The schedule is pretty favorable so perhaps they can keep a reasonable winning % but it will be tough w/o CP.

GloJo has always come off as 'me, me, me' - ie not the greatest teammate. But she is skilled. Maybe they should bring in Bone and the two of them can entertain each other with how great they are....

The way were looking this might not be as bad of an idea as i thought at the beginning of the season. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/30/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I get the feeling that Cambage will agree to play in 2018,sign a huge overseas contract,then skip the 2019/2020 seasons.If Liz wants to play for dallas,she needs to be committed to playing consecutive seasons.If not,maybe the best option for both parties is a trade.Would Cambage accept a trade to Chicago,Washington,San Antonio,or New tork ?....dallas could be a legit title contender in 2 or 3 years if they made 2 good trades.

The dallas franchise is in constant limbo.

I have doubts about that. Player in China didnt work out for her and to me it seems like she gets homesick easily. Wouldnt be suprised if we she plays in the WNBL the next few years

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/30/17 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Glory seems so distant from her teammates.

Quote:
“We have players that aren’t used to playing with each other, and at the end of the day they made sure that they were going to rebound this game because of how the last game went, and that was just an adjustment that we didn’t handle well,” Wings forward Glory Johnson said following the game. “They have bigger players than we have especially since Courtney isn’t in there with me. If I’m boxing out one player the other player need to box-out the other post, and they weren’t doing that. We didn’t adjust the way that we needed to.”

Yeah she seems to only really take a liking to KD (Kaela Davis) during warm ups and pre-game once the doors open you get a chance to see who's who and Glory doesnt seem to be a team favorite with anyone besides Davis.

Not exactly a surprise Laughing How are the interactions among the rest of the players?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/17 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:
“We have players that aren’t used to playing with each other, and at the end of the day they made sure that they were going to rebound this game because of how the last game went, and that was just an adjustment that we didn’t handle well,” Wings forward Glory Johnson said following the game. “They have bigger players than we have especially since Courtney isn’t in there with me. If I’m boxing out one player the other player need to box-out the other post, and they weren’t doing that. We didn’t adjust the way that we needed to.”

Yeah she seems to only really take a liking to KD (Kaela Davis) during warm ups and pre-game once the doors open you get a chance to see who's who and Glory doesnt seem to be a team favorite with anyone besides Davis.

Not exactly a surprise Laughing How are the interactions among the rest of the players?

Everyone else seems to be on the same page . Diggins & Christmas kelly the wives of the team seem to be pretty cool with each other . Other than that everyone seems pretty professional . Mama Taj is the disciplinary of the team from what ive noticed. Glory seems to respect Mama Taj but likes to get the last word even when Taj is just giving advice. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/30/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

Everyone else seems to be on the same page . Diggins & Christmas kelly the wives of the team seem to be pretty cool with each other . Other than that everyone seems pretty professional . Mama Taj is the disciplinary of the team from what ive noticed. Glory seems to respect Mama Taj but likes to get the last word even when Taj is just giving advice. Rolling Eyes

Glad that Taj is around to dispense some type of order because Lord knows Fred won't do that Rolling Eyes

Glojo just can't seem to get out of her own way.

miller40

PostPosted: 05/30/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

Diggins-Smith was in Christmas-Kelly's wedding party as a bridesmaid so I'd say they're cool with each other. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

Glad that Taj is around to dispense some type of order because Lord knows Fred won't do that Rolling Eyes

Glojo just can't seem to get out of her own way.

Glory is such a bitter sweet situation . She obviously doesnt want to be apart of this team and body language says alot on the bench and on the floor, but those comments were a bit degrading to her teammates . Her talent is undeniable and we do need her on this team but how much can an organization take before they start to blow things up ?

PostPosted: 05/30/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Wings might look to trade Johnson? GloJo to Chicago for the rights to Coates?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/30/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PODCAST: Dallas Wings executive, Australian basketball great Erin Phillips
Quote:
The two discuss Phillips’ transition, memories of her WNBA championships, and what she’s hoping to accomplish in a career that’s already encompassed so much success. Plus: how she’ll handle it if her twins decide to play internationally, one for America, one for Australia.

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/30/podcast-dallas-wings-erin-phillips/

PostPosted: 05/30/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AdamGrosbard/status/869738761797615616

Quote:
Australian center Liz Cambage outside the Dallas Wings locker room following the win over Indiana

PostPosted: 05/31/17 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This would be the perfect season for Cambage to join the wings and make a deep playoff run.Most of the wnba teams have players who are injured,absent or who have recently retired.Cambage returning in 2018 doesn't guarantee dallas a playpff spot.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/31/17 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the back of an 11-23 2016 season I think Dallas would be silly not to grab another lottery pick. Then make a title run rather than a token playoff appearance.

PostPosted: 05/31/17 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
On the back of an 11-23 2016 season I think Dallas would be silly not to grab another lottery pick. Then make a title run rather than a token playoff appearance.

Dallas won't be making any title runs until the Camabge situation is resolved.....how can dallas draft/trade/sign players without knowing the full intentions of Cambage ?....then there's the G.Johnson situation.Is Glory on the trading block ?

toad455

PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas at least looks like a play-off team. Adding Gray & Davis have been huge assets for Dallas. They're definitely better than Indiana, Chicago, Connecticut & San Antonio(the likely lottery teams). Might end up as high as a #6 seed if New York doesn't get it's sh!t together & Atlanta starts to slide downward.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dallas at least looks like a play-off team. Adding Gray & Davis have been huge assets for Dallas. They're definitely better than Indiana, Chicago, Connecticut & San Antonio(the likely lottery teams). Might end up as high as a #6 seed if New York doesn't get it's sh!t together & Atlanta starts to slide downward.

I was on board with the ATL slide. I dont think they can keep up there late winning ways. Perfect opportunity to move up for us here in dallas. Then again i dont want to finish to high because we still need that lottery pick next season Laughing . Wait its the last 2 seasons combined right ? SAN looking like there going to secure the bag once again smh..Top 3 Pick for us next year and im satisfied .

PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Dallas won't be making any title runs until the Camabge situation is resolved.....how can dallas draft/trade/sign players without knowing the full intentions of Cambage ?....then there's the G.Johnson situation.Is Glory on the trading block ?

Generally, the best way to determine someone's intentions is to observe what they do ...

Liz Cambage has never given any indication she is willing to commit to the WNBA for any length of time (nor is there a good reason for her to do so), so I think the Wings clearly should move forward assuming she will not be there -- as history strongly suggests will continue to be the case.

And then if she does show up, so much the better.

PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Generally, the best way to determine someone's intentions is to observe what they do ...

Liz Cambage has never given any indication she is willing to commit to the WNBA for any length of time (nor is there a good reason for her to do so), so I think the Wings clearly should move forward assuming she will not be there -- as history strongly suggests will continue to be the case.

And then if she does show up, so much the better.

I agree with almost all of that. The part I don't agree with is a personal preference and ideology. Cambage's inconsistencies have rendered my ability to see the "upside" of her joining the Wings practically non-existent. You all can argue what a transformative talent she would be to have on the team but the way I see it is, besides the way she's been jerking them around, what kind of morale killer would that be to have someone come on the team that has been dismissive of the team, made unkept promises, left them hanging on more than one occasion but its gonna be all good in the lockerroom? Just how much do you bend over backwards for a potential superstar?
toad455

PostPosted: 05/31/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cambage is willing to play in 2018, she might be willing to play in 2019 as well(non-Olympic year). If Phillips & the Wings org. can talk Cambage into a 2 year deal, it'll be better off for them overall. I still won't hold my breath that she even shows up for one game between now & 2019.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/31/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Cambage is willing to play in 2018, she might be willing to play in 2019 as well(non-Olympic year). If Phillips & the Wings org. can talk Cambage into a 2 year deal, it'll be better off for them overall. I still won't hold my breath that she even shows up for one game between now & 2019.

That Part...

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage's trip to Dallas felt like the Wings were hosting a five-star recruit on an official visit
Quote:
The Wings are now left with a scrappy collection of centers. Rookie Breanna Lewis and forward Theresa Plaisanace and Glory Johnson are pretty much the options at this point at a position the Wings frequently find to be a mismatch.
But watching the Wings' win over the Fever on Tuesday night was a potential solution: 6-foot-8 Australian center Liz Cambage.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/05/31/wings-potential-future-6-foot-8-australian-center-liz-cambage-visited-dallas-tuesday-night

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wheres Avery Warley-Talbert ? Ill take her on this team right now no doubt about it . Lewis & Ahkator are just not cutting it. We need strength in the post and rebounding both AWT can do specifically .

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Liz Cambage's trip to Dallas felt like the Wings were hosting a five-star recruit on an official visit
Quote:
The Wings are now left with a scrappy collection of centers. Rookie Breanna Lewis and forward Theresa Plaisanace and Glory Johnson are pretty much the options at this point at a position the Wings frequently find to be a mismatch.
But watching the Wings' win over the Fever on Tuesday night was a potential solution: 6-foot-8 Australian center Liz Cambage.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/05/31/wings-potential-future-6-foot-8-australian-center-liz-cambage-visited-dallas-tuesday-night

The article doesn't even mention Shakhator...

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

The article doesn't even mention Shakhator...

Yeah i read the entire thing and didnt even notice she was not included. Maybe shes going to be sitting next to Temp & Grievance soon Laughing

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's almost as if the dallas wings are dividing into 3 groups:

1.Glory Johnson

2.Cambage/Phillips

3.The rest of the team.

The whole Cambage situation is giving off a weird vibe.You can almost feel the resentment/tension.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 26 of 36

Jump to: