Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/22/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Seems like the league is allowing 4 coaches these days. I seem to recall that the 3 coach limit was to keep down team expenses.

I don't think you'll find that anyone has more than three coaches. They have a head coach, two assistants, and then however many people they feel like paying with a bunch of other titles.

Technically the Lynx hired a 3rd assistant, Walt Hopkins, and his title was Assistant Coach. Though the release did say it was to the Basketball Operations Department, so that's probably how we got away with it. And as pilight has mentioned, only 3 are allowed on the bench, so he sits behind next to our DOBO.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/22/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin is still keeping her schedule full

AFLW: Phillips commits
Quote:
AFLW Best and Fairest and Club Champion Erin Phillips has re-committed to the Crows for Season 2018.
Phillips will stay in the US with her family until November when she will return to Adelaide to commence pre-season training.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-05-23/aflw-phillips-commits

PostPosted: 05/26/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C. Paris apparently will be out 6-8 weeks with a knee injury , but no specifics as to what part of the knee or when it happened ? Maybe this is the reason she only played 14 mins or maybe she wants out Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/26/17 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
C. Paris apparently will be out 6-8 weeks with a knee injury , but no specifics as to what part of the knee or when it happened ? Maybe this is the reason she only played 14 mins or maybe she wants out Embarassed

In the game against the Stars she went down holding her knee on a play. It took her a little while to get back up, so it's definitely a legit injury.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/26/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the Wings have only Plaisance & Lewis at center. Not good.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/26/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So the Wings have only Plaisance & Lewis at center. Not good.

Akhator is playing again too. But if I were to guess I'd say they just give Glory more minutes at the 5 and play Christmas at the 4

toad455

PostPosted: 05/26/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers is still out, so do the Wings qualify for an injury exemption?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/26/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Powers is still out, so do the Wings qualify for an injury exemption?

Once Paris misses a game, yeah, I guess. Although they basically already have been with Powers/Akhator out. Not sure if they'll feel it's worth it unless someone else gets hurt as well.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor courtney....Get well soon( 6 weeks hopefully)

This could be a positive.for dallas.They can now fully commit to playing small ball without Paris slowing them down.I never thought Courtney was a good fit with coach Williams uptempo style......Okay Plaisance,here's your opportunity.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/17 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Poor courtney....Get well soon( 6 weeks hopefully)

This could be a positive.for dallas.They can now fully commit to playing small ball without Paris slowing them down.I never thought Courtney was a good fit with coach Williams uptempo style......Okay Plaisance,here's your opportunity.

Exactly my thoughts , but we will miss her rebounding dearly!!

PostPosted: 05/29/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage is reportedly in Dallas with plans to meet the Wings director of player and franchise development

PostPosted: 05/29/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be some kind of miracle if Cambage ends up in a Wings uniform sometime this season.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Liz Cambage is reportedly in Dallas with plans to meet the Wings director of player and franchise development

Are they talking business or just small talk? Wink

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is from April 27.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/liz-cambage-open-to-wnba-return-plans-to-visit-erin-phillips-and-dallas-wings-20170427-gvtlwe.html

Quote:
The 25-year-old also said she planned to end her break from the US competition and would be visiting Australian Opals teammate Erin Phillips at WNBA club Dallas Wings in coming months.

The new WNBA season tips off in May. The Wings have said they don't expect Cambage to suit up with them in 2017 but a visit to Dallas could help them lure her back next year.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

Are they talking business or just small talk? Wink

I really have no idea what they're talking about

PostPosted: 05/29/17 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It would be some kind of miracle if Cambage ends up in a Wings uniform sometime this season.

It won't be this season. She was on a podcast recently discussing her plans this year and it didn't include any basketball until the start of the WNBL season.
(it did include another trip back to the states though - for Burning Man!)

PostPosted: 05/29/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage will rejoin the WNBA when pigs fly, or is when horses fly good enough?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/17 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Cambage will rejoin the WNBA when pigs fly, or is when horses fly good enough?

They were discussing different hairstyles for our mascot . Maybe even a position as the new mascot was being discussed !! Congratz Liz & Bibb

PostPosted: 05/30/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get the feeling that Cambage will agree to play in 2018,sign a huge overseas contract,then skip the 2019/2020 seasons.If Liz wants to play for dallas,she needs to be committed to playing consecutive seasons.If not,maybe the best option for both parties is a trade.Would Cambage accept a trade to Chicago,Washington,San Antonio,or New tork ?....dallas could be a legit title contender in 2 or 3 years if they made 2 good trades.

The dallas franchise is in constant limbo.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/30/17 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BREAKING: Dallas Wings don’t deny meeting with Liz Cambage

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/29/breaking-dallas-wings-dont-deny-meeting-with-liz-cambage/

Quote:
“If there is something we need to say on our end, we will say it,” a Wings spokesperson wrote in response to being asked point blank whether the team has met with Cambage or had internal discussions about signing her.

PostPosted: 05/30/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But will it have any effect on her coming over ? History says no , and if so Temporarily Rolling Eyes . Im so over her , but i would not turn her way if she was fully committed to the team .

PostPosted: 05/30/17 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BREAKING: Dallas Wings don’t deny meeting with Liz Cambage

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/29/breaking-dallas-wings-dont-deny-meeting-with-liz-cambage/

Quote:
Nor would many around the league put it past Cambage to come give the WNBA another try. As one WNBA coach put it, “She is somewhat flaky and whimsical. Wouldn’t be surprised if she made a guest appearance, though.”

Was that you, Fred Williams?

zune69

PostPosted: 05/30/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glory seems so distant from her teammates.

Quote:
“We have players that aren’t used to playing with each other, and at the end of the day they made sure that they were going to rebound this game because of how the last game went, and that was just an adjustment that we didn’t handle well,” Wings forward Glory Johnson said following the game. “They have bigger players than we have especially since Courtney isn’t in there with me. If I’m boxing out one player the other player need to box-out the other post, and they weren’t doing that. We didn’t adjust the way that we needed to.”

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/30/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Glory seems so distant from her teammates.

Quote:
“We have players that aren’t used to playing with each other, and at the end of the day they made sure that they were going to rebound this game because of how the last game went, and that was just an adjustment that we didn’t handle well,” Wings forward Glory Johnson said following the game. “They have bigger players than we have especially since Courtney isn’t in there with me. If I’m boxing out one player the other player need to box-out the other post, and they weren’t doing that. We didn’t adjust the way that we needed to.”

Yeah she seems to only really take a liking to KD (Kaela Davis) during warm ups and pre-game once the doors open you get a chance to see who's who and Glory doesnt seem to be a team favorite with anyone besides Davis.

PostPosted: 05/30/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might not be what Wings fans are hoping for but couldn't Cambage sign as an injury replacement player for Paris so long as Power is still out? Might mean they have to cut her once the injured player(s?) are healthy, so might not be the best way to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36

Jump to: