RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA point guards
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/27/17 6:26 pm    ::: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

Building off a discussion on another thread ...

First, there's a distinction made in some circles between a "first division starter" and a "second division starter," meaning a particular player is good enough to start in the league, but not of a high enough caliber to start on a contending team.

With that in mind, the attributes of the perfect point guard would, in no definitive order, include (please add as needed):

1) Ballhandling (in the sense of dealing with presses, defensive pressure and double teams)

2) Passing (the physical ability to deliver the proper passes)

3) Size (the longer I coach, the more I love big guards)

4) Executing the offense (both understanding it and creating the necessary entry passes to get it going)

5) Leading the team in a competitive sense

6) The ability to score

7) Perimeter shooting ability (to create spacing, which gives operating room to posts, wings and cutters)

Cool Defense (primarily the ability to stay in front of the other team's point guard; a less attractive option is being able to stay in front of the other team's second or third quickest perimeter player)

9) Basketball IQ (a sense of such basics as time and score, but also when her team needs a change of pace, say, and who should be shooting at certain times of the game)

10) Emotional IQ (being a team leader, getting each player the number of shots she needs to play at her best, recognizing when a player needs a boost or a kick in the butt)

11) Relating well to the coach (giving her teammates confidence in the coach, and her coach confidence in her teammates)

Obviously, there is no perfect point guard, but the next step would be to try to identify the

a) best playing now
b) the best in the past five years (Lindsay Whalen may or may not be on the list now, but she was a few years ago)
c) the best ever

PostPosted: 05/27/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look at the starting PGs in the league. Then look at each team's back-ups. Then look at who's not playing this season(*denoted).

Seattle: Bird, A. Peterson
Los Angeles: Gray, Sims
Phoenix: D. Robinson, Mitchell, Xargay*
Minnesota: Whalen, Montgomery, Cruz*
San Antonio: Jefferson, Colson
Dallas: Diggins, Chong
Indiana: January, Wheeler
Chicago: Vandersloot, Epps, Faulkner*
Atlanta: Clarendon, Keisel
Washington: Toliver, Cloud
New York: Prince, Hartley, Boyd*
Connecticut: J. Thomas, Banham

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/28/17 12:07 am    ::: Re: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

With that in mind, the attributes of the perfect point guard would, in no definitive order, include (please add as needed):

1) Ballhandling (in the sense of dealing with presses, defensive pressure and double teams)

4) Executing the offense (both understanding it and creating the necessary entry passes to get it going)

6) The ability to score

7) Perimeter shooting ability (to create spacing, which gives operating room to posts, wings and cutters)

Cool Defense (primarily the ability to stay in front of the other team's point guard; a less attractive option is being able to stay in front of the other team's second or third quickest perimeter player)

9) Basketball IQ (a sense of such basics as time and score, but also when her team needs a change of pace, say, and who should be shooting at certain times of the game)

10) Emotional IQ (being a team leader, getting each player the number of shots she needs to play at her best, recognizing when a player needs a boost or a kick in the butt)

11) Relating well to the coach (giving her teammates confidence in the coach, and her coach confidence in her teammates)

Good list, Clay.

It reminded me of a post I made on March 6, 2006, where I listed six factors regarding offensive play for a point guard, in a debate over whether Diana Taurasi or Maria Conlon was UConn's point guard in 2003 and 2004.

"So, to answer the question of whether Conlon or Taurasi was UConn's point guard, one has to examine what is meant by that term in the context of offensive play. I suggest that there are six substantive basketball skills and duties embodied by the concept of an offensive point guard. Taurasi was the UConn point guard in respect of all six of these skills and duties.

"1. Ball handling. The point guard is usually the team's best and most facile dribbler and ball handler. DT was a much, much better and more facile ball handler than Conlon, though neither had water bug speed. DT, instead, had a form of quickness. She used clever acceleration shifts and protected the ball with her body, often backing and pirouetting up the court. DT was rarely trappable. However, dribbling the ball up court for part of the game like Conlon (or Candace Parker) does not a point guard make. To the extent this skill matters to defining a point guard, DT brought the ball up court a lot more often than Conlon, most especially and importantly when pressure was on.

"2. Running the fast break. What player receives the outlet pass to floor-general a fast break? This player is usually the team's quickest decision-maker, best long passer, and best inside disher. UConn did not run many planned fast breaks in 2003-04, but when they did, the floor general was almost always Taurasi not Conlon. The only times DT would not be the fast break floor general was when she was not in the game or when she was the rebounder.

"3. Pushing early offense (or secondary break). This is what UConn did a lot of in 2003-04 (and still does). A dribbler pushes the ball up court to try to get a quick score before the defense is fully set. Ideally, the pusher is a quadruple threat. The pusher should be a threat to (1) pull up for a 3pt shot, (2) penetrate part way and pull up for a 2pt shot, (3) penetrate all the way to the basket for a lay-up, and (4) penetrate and dish off to a parallel floor runner. This was DT's bread and butter role. She was the early offense pusher because she was a legitimate quadruple threat. Conlon was not much of a threat in any category except 3pt shooting; hence she was rarely the pusher of early offense.

"4. Decision making in the half court offense. This is really the heart of half court point guard skill. In whose hands does the team want the ball to make, and execute, the shoot-drive-pass decisions? This player will often, but not always, make the first pass in the play and/or the final scoring pass in the play. Taurasi and Conlon did share this role, but DT was always the half court floor general in charge. She had this responsibility most of the time in UConn's half court offense, and most surely had it virtually all the time in close or pressured game situations.

"5. Protecting the end game. In whose hands do you want the ball at the end of a close game when the other team starts to deliberately foul? You want the ball in the hands of the player who has the best combination of dribbling and ball protection skills plus foul shooting skills. This player was far more often Diana Taurasi than Maria Conlon.

"6. Assisting on scores. What player is the most effective at hitting her teammates with accurate scoring passes? Surely this is the essence of an offensive point guard, and this is not even a close call as between DT and Conlon. Conlon was an above average entry passer in the half court offense. But Princess Deia is one of the most gifted natural passers -- in transition, in early offense, and in half court offense -- ever to grace the hardwood. As has been reported by 729, Dee had in fact 112 more assists in 2003-04 than Conlon. Moreover, DT is in fact UConn's all time leading assister: more than point guard Jen Rizzotti, more than point guard Rita Williams, more than point guard Sue Bird, more than anybody."
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/28/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Order of effectiveness THIS season (when not playing, a player is NOT effective)

Atlanta: Clarendon
Phoenix: D. Robinson
Los Angeles: Gray
Seattle: Bird (2 games)
Dallas: Diggins
Minnesota: Whalen
Washington: Toliver
New York: Prince (2 games)
Connecticut: J. Thomas
Indiana: January
Chicago: Sloot (1 game)
San Antonio: Jefferson (1 game)

That's my take. Most disappointing so far: Toliver in DC.

~rAf
toad455

PostPosted: 05/28/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Whalen & Toliver have seemed off the season. Clarendon & J Thomas have surprisingly looked good.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 05/28/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The hardest part of the second question is "a".

Since the season is so new, I don't know that anyone has jumped out at me as being the clear favorite. Clarendon has looked good, but will she be able to keep it up for an entire season? If we consider the general evolution of players over the last couple years I would be tempted to say that it is Sloot, as long as she can get and stay healthy.

Part "b" and "c" are no brainers.

b) Whalen has by far been the best PG in the league over the last 5 years.

c) Sue Bird. No explanation necessary for anyone who has followed this league over the years.

PostPosted: 05/28/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The old school PG maybe well OLD. Game may be moving to just flat out long versatile players. The skills still needing improvement passing and shooting.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/28/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Both Whalen & Toliver have seemed off the season. Clarendon & J Thomas have surprisingly looked good.

Clarendon has been nothing short of great to start the season. Jasmine Thomas had a great year last year, but to me she doesn't seem to be at that level yet. Hard to rate the PG of a zero win team very high.

~rAf
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 05/28/17 6:39 pm    ::: Re: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

First, there's a distinction made in some circles between a "first division starter" and a "second division starter," meaning a particular player is good enough to start in the league, but not of a high enough caliber to start on a contending team.

6) The ability to score

Obviously, there is no perfect point guard, but the next step would be to try to identify the

a) best playing now
b) the best in the past five years (Lindsay Whalen may or may not be on the list now, but she was a few years ago)
c) the best ever

God damn! Except for the Size one, you just described Sammy P to a T!!! Throw some excitement in there and you got her!
Cue the haters: 3,2,1...... Wink

But seriously, the only one of your list that I'd take off (and not just because of Sammy) is size. Size matters in many positions, but in point guards it doesn't matter hardly at all. The 2 best point guards in NBA history were probably Magic Johnson (a large guard, I think 6'9") and John Stockton (relatively small, about 6', so roughly proportionate to about 5'7" for a woman). Some of the best point guards in history were on the small size. Steve Nash not that tall. Isiah Thomas was not very tall, about 6' again. I think the skills of the position kind of dictate that it be a smaller player. Which reminds me of something you forgot on your list, quickness and speed. Ability to get ahead of the defense or get by defenders, which draws more defenders to create open shots for him/her or for others. You touch on it a little with the ability to score, but it's a little different. People seem to think tall point guards are good because they "see over the defense", but I think the smaller guards can see THROUGH the defense. Like find gaps in the defense.

I think the only reason people like bigger PG's in the WNBA is there is a lack of skill at the position overall. If a player has the skills a point guard should have, size doesn't matter. A look at toad455's list of the PG's and it's glaring to me. Half of them have maybe have only 2 of the skills you mentioned. Only a few has most of them. I don't know if players don't have the right coaching or they don't take the time to learn or put in the work required to develop these skills, but most of them are pretty weak in many of these categories. I know a lot of players don't put in the time to develop their craft that they'd like you to think they do (or you believe they do). Just look at a player like Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving in the NBA and you can tell they worked over and over and over and spent countless hours in the gym to develop their skills. I don't get that sense for most point guards in the WNBA. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Last, as far as your list. I'm going to stick to players who have actually been in the WNBA for a while:
a.) Best now: This is super tough. I think I'll pass actually. (no pun intended) LOL
b.) Best past 5 years: Whalen
c.) Best ever: Whalen (keeping in mind I only started following the league since 2009)

PostPosted: 05/29/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I guess speed is not really all that important to you if you pick Whalen Wink I actually think Whalen uses her size to her advantage as she is a strong body type who can bump defenders.

Small with speed is only relative if they can shoot from long range otherwise no-one would be guarding them up close to give them the angle to blow by.

The problem ultimately with small is they are a liability for a mismatch and easily picked on for opposing coaches to get easy buckets.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/29/17 1:30 pm    ::: Re: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:

6) The ability to score

a) best playing now
c) the best ever

God damn! Except for the Size one, you just described Sammy P to a T!!! Throw some excitement in there and you got her!
Cue the haters: 3,2,1...... Wink

But seriously, the only one of your list that I'd take off (and not just because of Sammy) is size. Size matters in many positions, but in point guards it doesn't matter hardly at all. The 2 best point guards in NBA history were probably Magic Johnson (a large guard, I think 6'9") and John Stockton (relatively small, about 6', so roughly proportionate to about 5'7" for a woman). Some of the best point guards in history were on the small size. Steve Nash not that tall. Isiah Thomas was not very tall, about 6' again. I think the skills of the position kind of dictate that it be a smaller player. Which reminds me of something you forgot on your list, quickness and speed. Ability to get ahead of the defense or get by defenders, which draws more defenders to create open shots for him/her or for others. You touch on it a little with the ability to score, but it's a little different. People seem to think tall point guards are good because they "see over the defense", but I think the smaller guards can see THROUGH the defense. Like find gaps in the defense.

I think the only reason people like bigger PG's in the WNBA is there is a lack of skill at the position overall. If a player has the skills a point guard should have, size doesn't matter. A look at toad455's list of the PG's and it's glaring to me. Half of them have maybe have only 2 of the skills you mentioned. Only a few has most of them. I don't know if players don't have the right coaching or they don't take the time to learn or put in the work required to develop these skills, but most of them are pretty weak in many of these categories. I know a lot of players don't put in the time to develop their craft that they'd like you to think they do (or you believe they do). Just look at a player like Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving in the NBA and you can tell they worked over and over and over and spent countless hours in the gym to develop their skills. I don't get that sense for most point guards in the WNBA. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Last, as far as your list. I'm going to stick to players who have actually been in the WNBA for a while:
a.) Best now: This is super tough. I think I'll pass actually. (no pun intended) LOL
b.) Best past 5 years: Whalen
c.) Best ever: Whalen (keeping in mind I only started following the league since 2009)

Do you honestly believe that Prahalis meets all these criteria except size and half the other top PG in the league meet only two of these criteria? If so, that explains your enthusiasm for Prahalis, but it seriously calls into question your analytical abilities.

First off, Sammie did not shoot well, overall (35%) or from behind the arc (26%). Her 2fg% was 39%.

Her passing ability/ball handling skills were not great, as her assist/turnover ratio was very poor for a PG. She averaged 3.5 assists/game against 2.4 turnovers/game. She had only 1.2 steals/game.

The fact that she played for 3 different teams over 3 different seasons suggests that she wasn't valued as a teammate and/or contributor.

Sure she was flashy, but that didn't seem to impress her teammates or coaches/management.

By the way your size information was biased in a way to support your argument. Isiah Thomas and John Stockton were small, but they were both 6'1". Steve Nash 6'3". Of course listed heights are always "generous" but Prahalis at 5'7" is also probably generous.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 05/29/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
So I guess speed is not really all that important to you if you pick Whalen Wink I actually think Whalen uses her size to her advantage as she is a strong body type who can bump defenders.

Small with speed is only relative if they can shoot from long range otherwise no-one would be guarding them up close to give them the angle to blow by.

The problem ultimately with small is they are a liability for a mismatch and easily picked on for opposing coaches to get easy buckets.

Did I say Whalen had everything on that list or the thing I added to that list? NOOOOOOOOOO. I just said she's the best in recent years and from what I've seen. And I should have said speed and/or craftiness. Because you can get away with not being as fast if you're crafty with the ball. And Bird can't defend a statue and Whalen and Taurasi (sometimes a pg) aren't good defenders either, so what's your point?

PostPosted: 05/29/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think the single most important criterion is properly defined in that list:

"2) Passing (the physical ability to deliver the proper passes)"

Passing is the most important factor. But passing is not just a "physical ability". Passing is more a matter of vision, timing, court awareness, and basketball IQ. A lot of people have the physical ability to throw a pass. It's the mental aspects that make a good point guard. It's not a matter of getting the ball in the general direction of a teammate. It's getting the ball to a teammate on the correct side, at the correct height, at just the right time to enable that player to receive the ball in proper position to score without dribbling, without having to bend or reach, without having to turn her body, without having to stop or pause, so that she can continue her move in in a single continuous fluid motion.

Being able to throw a ball to a teammate is pretty much useless if that person has to stop, turn, dribble, reach, pick the ball up from her waist, or do anything else that allows a defender time to react.

Many of the comments I read here about who can play PG, or about wings playing the point, demonstrate a lack of understanding of what being a good PG entails. Dribbling the ball up court does not make one a point guard.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 05/29/17 3:54 pm    ::: Re: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Do you honestly believe that Prahalis meets all these criteria except size and half the other top PG in the league meet only two of these criteria?

Yes.

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
By the way your size information was biased in a way to support your argument. Isiah Thomas and John Stockton were small, but they were both 6'1". Steve Nash 6'3". Of course listed heights are always "generous" but Prahalis at 5'7" is also probably generous.

Prahalis is 5'6". 6'1" for men is approximately equal to 5'6"-5'7" for women. Just like 6'5" (most centers in the W) is approximately equal to about 7 feet for men. My point was many of the best pg's of all time in the NBA are about the proportional height of what many of you would consider "too small" (side note: You think Lame-beer would consider this since he played with Thomas, but he's dumb). And Becky Hammon was good and she was, I'm guessing, 5'5". That didn't stop her. She's got the skills. Latta is decent. Jefferson having success early on. All in that height range.

PostPosted: 05/29/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I don't think the single most important criterion is properly defined in that list:

"2) Passing (the physical ability to deliver the proper passes)"

Passing is the most important factor. But passing is not just a "physical ability". Passing is more a matter of vision, timing, court awareness, and basketball IQ. A lot of people have the physical ability to throw a pass. It's the mental aspects that make a good point guard. It's not a matter of getting the ball in the general direction of a teammate. It's getting the ball to a teammate on the correct side, at the correct height, at just the right time to enable that player to receive the ball in proper position to score without dribbling, without having to bend or reach, without having to turn her body, without having to stop or pause, so that she can continue her move in in a single continuous fluid motion.

Being able to throw a ball to a teammate is pretty much useless if that person has to stop, turn, dribble, reach, pick the ball up from her waist, or do anything else that allows a defender time to react.

Many of the comments I read here about who can play PG, or about wings playing the point, demonstrate a lack of understanding of what being a good PG entails. Dribbling the ball up court does not make one a point guard.

Being able to take care of the ball under pressure is also very important though. Controlling the pace of the game. Being able to initiate and execute the plays. Who to get the ball to (e.g. who is hot?). All stuff that Clay brought up. I agree passing ability is very important and probably one of the more important aspects, but it's just a part of being a great point guard. You can be a great passer but not be a great point guard. One example that comes to mind is Samantha Logic, who was a PG for Iowa and had a cup of coffee in the W (at least in training camp). She was an EXCELLENT passer. But she lacked in many of the other categories that we discussed. The overall result was she is really not a great point guard at the higher levels.

PostPosted: 05/29/17 4:13 pm    ::: Re: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

6'1" for men is approximately equal to 5'6"-5'7" for women.

Where are you getting that comparison?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/29/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Being able to take care of the ball under pressure is also very important though. Controlling the pace of the game. Being able to initiate and execute the plays. Who to get the ball to (e.g. who is hot?). All stuff that Clay brought up. I agree passing ability is very important and probably one of the more important aspects, but it's just a part of being a great point guard. You can be a great passer but not be a great point guard. One example that comes to mind is Samantha Logic, who was a PG for Iowa and had a cup of coffee in the W (at least in training camp). She was an EXCELLENT passer. But she lacked in many of the other categories that we discussed. The overall result was she is really not a great point guard at the higher levels.

Thanks for proving my point.

Logic was NOT an "excellent" passer for the very reasons I explained. And any idiot can figure out "who's hot" but be completely incapable of actually delivering the ball at the right moment in excellent scoring position.

Being able to dribble the ball under pressure is pretty elementary. You shouldn't even be discussing anyone as a point guard who can't do that. It's a basic element. It certainly isn't a distinction between a good and bad pg.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/29/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we PLEASE discuss point guards without it turning into discussing someone's pet?

Nobody responded to my ranking of PG effectiveness THIS season. One of the all time greats (Birdie) is not ranked #1 because she wasn't playing to begin the season. Someone's pet is not playing in this league at all so cannot be ranked.

Seriously, get a room for you and your pet. This is the WNBA forum. Your pet is not in the WNBA and will not be in the WNBA. Teams would play their center at PG rather than bring in your pet. That is what WNBA GM's think of your pet and everyone on this forum (but you) agrees with that decision.

Thank you.

~rAf
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/29/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Can we PLEASE discuss point guards without it turning into discussing someone's pet?

Nobody responded to my ranking of PG effectiveness THIS season. One of the all time greats (Birdie) is not ranked #1 because she wasn't playing to begin the season. Someone's pet is not playing in this league at all so cannot be ranked.

Seriously, get a room for you and your pet. This is the WNBA forum. Your pet is not in the WNBA and will not be in the WNBA. Teams would play their center at PG rather than bring in your pet. That is what WNBA GM's think of your pet and everyone on this forum (but you) agrees with that decision.

Thank you.

Get a room with a pet? Ewww yuck! That's gross!

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a weird year for PGs. Whalen isn't scoring much but still sets the pace for the Lynx and averages 5.2 assists per game. Boyd appeared possibly ready to break out but had the season-ending injury. Bird is older but still doing fairly well. Jefferson is coming off injury. Thomas is an ok player on a struggling team. Diggins is regaining her form on a young, up-and-down team. Toliver is on a new team still building chemistry. Chelsea Gray is playing well but it remains to be seen if that holds. Danielle Robinson is on a new team coming off of injury. Slooty just returned to Chicago and her team in terrible. Clarendon is a somewhat emerging player on an up-and-down team.

There's not much coherence from last year to this. Maybe that's part of why the play around the league has been so erratic in quality, even compared to other starts to the season in years past.

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This season I like
C. Gray, Clarendon, L. Mitchell, Cappie, Bird, Prince, Sloot, and J. Thomas

5 years
Whalen, Bird, Robinson, January, Toliver and Sloot

all time
Bird, Whalen, Penechiero, Spoon, Hammon (though I see her as a small SG who can pass) Pee Wee Johnson, I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch just did it based on memory

Last edited by J-Spoon on 05/29/17 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:07 pm    ::: Re: WNBA point guards Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Prahalis is 5'6". 6'1" for men is approximately equal to 5'6"-5'7" for women. Just like 6'5" (most centers in the W) is approximately equal to about 7 feet for men. My point was many of the best pg's of all time in the NBA are about the proportional height of what many of you would consider "too small" (side note: You think Lame-beer would consider this since he played with Thomas, but he's dumb)

Or maybe comparing a Hall-of-Famer to a player who's been cut four times is flawed.

PostPosted: 05/29/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Thank you.

https://giphy.com/gifs/VrSZDlpRaHYje/html5

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/29/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Thank you.

Get a room with a pet? Ewww yuck! That's gross!

Yes, having a love affair with a pet and talking about it endlessly is pretty gross, I agree.

~rAf
merlina

PostPosted: 05/29/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It's a weird year for PGs. Whalen isn't scoring much but still sets the pace for the Lynx and averages 5.2 assists per game. Boyd appeared possibly ready to break out but had the season-ending injury. Bird is older but still doing fairly well. Jefferson is coming off injury. Thomas is an ok player on a struggling team. Diggins is regaining her form on a young, up-and-down team. Toliver is on a new team still building chemistry. Chelsea Gray is playing well but it remains to be seen if that holds. Danielle Robinson is on a new team coming off of injury. Slooty just returned to Chicago and her team in terrible. Clarendon is a somewhat emerging player on an up-and-down team.

There's not much coherence from last year to this. Maybe that's part of why the play around the league has been so erratic in quality, even compared to other starts to the season in years past.

Bird is doing better than "fairly well" and not just for someone her age.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: