RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Republican congressional candidate assaults reporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 8:25 pm    ::: Republican congressional candidate assaults reporter Reply Reply with quote

in Montana, on the eve of the special election, reportedly.

The candidate's office has offered their lame account of the encounter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/greg-gianforte-bodyslams-reporter-ben-jacobs-montana

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my, a FOX NEWS crews witnessed the confrontation and completely contradicts the politician's released account.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!"

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Oh my, a FOX NEWS crews witnessed the confrontation and completely contradicts the politician's released account.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!"

Oooh shit. When even Fox is calling out the Republican you know it is bad...

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Guardian reporter should be arrested for filing a false police report.

Clearly what the Fox News reporter described was a chokeslam, not a bodyslam.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gazette Opinion: We are pulling our endorsement of Greg Gianforte

Quote:
While we clearly made a poor choice in our original endorsement, an even bigger mistake would have been to stand by it, or say nothing even though this editorial appears on Election Day and may open us to criticism of trying to unduly influence the outcome.

We'd point out that all the other questionable interactions Gianforte had with reporters, including one case where he joked about ganging up on a reporter, must now be seen through a much more sinister lens. What he passed off as a joke at the time now becomes much more serious.

To the voters who have not voted yet, we simply urge you to evaluate each candidate very carefully and make the best choice.

To those who have voted: Unfortunately, Montana does not allow those who voted early to reconsider and vote again. We're one of the few states that does not. This would seem to be the best reason we should urge our state leaders to change that law.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missoulian rescinds Gianforte endorsement

AN IR VIEW: Independent Record withdraws endorsement of Gianforte

Well, that's all three of Montana's major newspapers...

PostPosted: 05/25/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately for this race, Montana is a big early voting state. A majority of votes had already been cast when this happened.

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/26/17 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And he wins the election.

Because of course he does.

Granted these results, much like the other special election results so far, make it look like the Dems are in decent position to take back the House in 2018. They need to focus on finding serious, respectable candidates to run and stay away from the "quirky personality" ones. Time to take it seriously.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
And he wins the election.

Because of course he does.

Granted these results, much like the other special election results so far, make it look like the Dems are in decent position to take back the House in 2018. They need to focus on finding serious, respectable candidates to run and stay away from the "quirky personality" ones. Time to take it seriously.

It's just unfortunate that there was so much early voting. It would be interesting to know how many people regret their vote for this jerk.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/26/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to think early voting cost the Dem the election, but after seeing the reaction to the assault, I doubt it did.

There are just too many ignorant assholes in this country, and they all vote Republican.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I'd like to think early voting cost the Dem the election, but after seeing the reaction to the assault, I doubt it did.

There are just too many ignorant assholes in this country, and they all vote Republican.

Exactly. What he did is, apparently, the New Republican Way, and is quite popular in places like Montana. Shocked

PostPosted: 05/26/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

BBC reporters interviewed 75 voters at the polls. It was obvious Rublican voters didn't care. One actually told the BBC reporter something along the lines of "I hope someone punches you too."

Oh. Ok. After all, it's Montana, right?

One note. They don't "all vote Republican". Not even close.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/26/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

BBC reporters interviewed 75 voters at the polls. It was obvious Rublican voters didn't care. One actually told the BBC reporter something along the lines of "I hope someone punches you too."

Oh. Ok. After all, it's Montana, right?

One note. They don't "all vote Republican". Not even close.

I imagine some don't even cast a vote.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/26/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Washington Post reports:

"During his [Gianforte's] victory speech, The Post reports, this happened:

Some in the crowd laughed at the mention of the incident. “I made a mistake,” said Gianforte.

“Not in our minds!” yelled a supporter.

Remember, the Gianforte campaign claimed it raised nearly $100,000 in the wake of the alleged assault."

Ok, so it's Montana. What more is there to say.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/26/17 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. Now, it begs the question: will/did the reporter press charges? How does that play out? Will the perp face ANY consequences?

PostPosted: 05/26/17 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Okay. Now, it begs the question: will/did the reporter press charges? How does that play out? Will the perp face ANY consequences?

He was charged with misdemeanor assault.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Ok, so it's Montana. What more is there to say.

Both candidates ran TV ads where they shot a a video screen running video, in a field with a rifle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: