63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Stars
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

tfan

PostPosted: 05/25/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VrHlNGkcTog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/26/17 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
root_thing wrote:
myrtle wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Plum looked lost and overwhelmed out there, especially for the #1 pick in the Draft.

She looked really tentative, which is not who she normally is. She's also never known what it's like to miss games/practice with injury so I'm guessing that played into it. Hopefully she relaxes into her role and the vets embrace what she brings. It felt a bit like they were trying to ignore her. The chemistry in general was pretty 'off'. Yeah, based on this one game anyway, Allisha Gray is rookie of the year!

Plum was also coming off the bench. When was the last time she had to do that? Even for someone with experience coming off the bench, it can be hard. When Epiphanny Prince was asked why she shot the ball so much better against Phoenix than in her first two games, she gave starting as the reason.

And you believed that? She's been playing basketball all her life year round. Come on... Laughing

What does playing all her life have to do with anything? For most players, it's harder to come off the bench cold and shoot well no matter how many years they've been playing. Shooting is about touch, feel and rhythm. There's a huge difference between starting play after warm-ups versus sitting for awhile and then coming off the bench cold. Prince is one of these press-shy players who avoids interviews. She doesn't have a ready response for everything. I think she was giving an honest answer.

In Plum's case, not only is she accustomed to starting, but she's used to playing 35-40 minutes a game. Suddenly she's out there for 5-6 minute shifts. You don't think that takes her out of her comfort zone? Just as she's getting warmed up, Kelsey gets yanked. If Vicki Johnson continues with this plan to use all her players -- similar to Laimbeer's idea of tiring out opponents by sending people in waves -- then a lot of the Stars will have to get used to performing in short spurts. But just because they have to do it doesn't mean they'll easily adjust right away.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 4:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it's just because its her first official game after her injury and because she is a rookie guard who always need time to adjust..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I did NOT get to see this game (between 2 of my fave teams), so I base my questions/comments on conjecture from the box score:

1. WHY is Ariel Powers not playing, if she's healthy? She's far better than, say, Chong on her BEST day ever.

2. Breanna Lewis is a 3 year ( minimum! ) project. She's got some upside to her, but it's going to take a patient coach.

3. SAS has some really awesome pieces; if they start firing on all cylinders, they should NOT be losing to Dallas again.

Ive been wondering this also about powers . She looks healthy in person with her dancing antics and jumping up and down and moving around on the bench in street clothes. Her IG shows her doing offensive workouts all the time , and shes been upgraded to Game time decisions but still has not debut.

2. Bre Lewis is a project but idk if i give her 3 years . She hasnt really impressed anyone on either side of the ball here in dallas & she doesnt know how to run a pick and roll to save her life.

3. Dallas has better pieces in my opinion and once powers is healthy we should beat San Antonio handily every time. I feel like the wings are 1 Big away from being a serious contender in this league . Paris wont cut it

PostPosted: 05/26/17 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAS should have won this game. If you are 0-3 and playing a weaker team it's time to play the best players you have and quit running players in and out like it's a practice game.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/26/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
SAS should have won this game. If you are 0-3 and playing a weaker team it's time to play the best players you have and quit running players in and out like it's a practice game.

The wings right now are 4th over all in the standing and have to same record as the sparks, are missing there starting shooting guard and still kept pace with Minnesota, I wouldn't call them a weaker team.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/17 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

The wings right now are 4th over all in the standing and have to same record as the sparks, are missing there starting shooting guard and still kept pace with Minnesota, I wouldn't call them a weaker team.

Took the words out of my mouth Laughing . The worst team record wise in the league is stating there stronger than a team in 4th place. With wins over 2 of the last 3 WNBA champions Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/26/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Best I can tell, Griffin (the commentator) graduated college 3 years ago. Pretty fast 'rise' in her career. And she isn't very good so I assume she knows somebody.

As the old saying goes: It's not about what you know, it's who you know!

PostPosted: 05/27/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Took the words out of my mouth Laughing . The worst team record wise in the league is stating there stronger than a team in 4th place. With wins over 2 of the last 3 WNBA champions Rolling Eyes

2 of the last three champs? They beat the Mercury and the Stars. They lost to the Lynx. Unless you're counting moral victories...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

2 of the last three champs? They beat the Mercury and the Stars. They lost to the Lynx. Unless you're counting moral victories...

Yes i am counting the moral ones also lol , we should have won that game against Minny. Missed Ft's and poor last minute excutions on defense. All things that can be fixed over time. I honestly went to the game and expected to lose by at least 15 Laughing . This team is better than what people are thinking i believe

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: