56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Mercury
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 23

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/23/17 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that Jankoska is a PG either. She's a SG who only scores in the second half after the game turns into a blowout. Razz

PostPosted: 05/23/17 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Maybe we can get Anna Cruz to come back? Brianna Kiesel for a third round pick? Sydney Colson for a second round pick?

Anyone else find it odd that Cash flew out with the team for this trip...for "meetings" I think something IS in the pike from the backscanner I was hearing as well It just felt there were some buzzards circling...Until this game I thought maybe push Zellous to 2 and sign a 3 as there is more variety on the wire at 3 than 1 and that would solidify Prince as a 1...but I agree...Hartley and zahui gave up a 20 pt swing mostly on own...not good...getting a backup PG is a priority now.

2 for colson may be the smartest attainable option...I agree cant stand as is...need to make a move before Prince goes overseas.

And I agree...blow a 15 pt game and play sub 70 is not a bright sign...but a win is a win and Charles and Prince shelling out is a big BIG deal so I'll take it...but if you stand pat your 500 and 6th at BEST...something has to be done at 1...Hartley is not cutting it...and Zahui...in the running for the Pam Anderson Biggest Bust award!

Edit...I'm not as bullish on Rodgers. 2-10? Return of the motherchucker...the last thing we need she needs to show the shot discipline she had last year if we're going to be successful.

PostPosted: 05/23/17 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When does the signing/trade moratorium period end ?........The liberty signing Ting,Bone,or Wright is a possibility.Stokes and Zuhui b have been huge disappointments so far.However,the liberty have faced the two best centers in the world in 2 of the 3 games.So we need to give Stokes and Zahui b a little more time to see if the poor start is related to the quality of the opponent,or just them playing bad basketball.

blaase22

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Maybe we can get Anna Cruz to come back? Brianna Kiesel for a third round pick? Sydney Colson for a second round pick?

How about Montgomery or Cruz for your first rounder next year? Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not worried about Stokes, at least not yet, I will give her another week or two to get it together. I'm confused by R. Allen she looks good than disappears. They are both on my fantasy team and haven't paid off at all yet, I might waive Allen but want to give her another week or two to get her minutes up.

Where was Burdick? I want to see more Burdick. She was so good in the first game and this felt like a game she could have had some impact in.

Hartley? Yeah she looked bad. Fluffy Little Bunny was killing her. People in the past have hated on Mitchell but she is exactly what the Liberty need, a decent back up PG you can count on. Even without her 3 ball falling she was keeping PX in the game.

So what to do? Would Conn take Hartley for their 2nd round pick in 18 just to up their UConn quotient so the Liberty can open up a spot for Hopkins or L. Allen. Would we consider waiving Hartley to open up a spot. Any chance we could cox T. Wright out of retirement? Hope that tonight's poor performance gets Hartley to double down and come back stronger?

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
When does the signing/trade moratorium period end ?........The liberty signing Ting,Bone,or Wright is a possibility.Stokes and Zuhui b have been huge disappointments so far.However,the liberty have faced the two best centers in the world in 2 of the 3 games.So we need to give Stokes and Zahui b a little more time to see if the poor start is related to the quality of the opponent,or just them playing bad basketball.

Not sure what you mean by a "moratorium". As far as I know, nothing prevents any team from making a trade or signing right now except roster and cap space. The trade deadline is July 31 at 8:00 PM EST.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember during the Olympics there was a PG from somewhere else (maybe Japan) who was getting some buzz. Kind of like how Raincock-Ekunwe was getting some buzz. Am I making this up, if not who was it? Maybe see if we can bring her in.

Also I remember really liking that PG Atlanta had last year who got cut or decided not to return Cortijo? She was a little older so maybe we should give her a call. She wasn't great but I remember thinking she looked like a legit back up PG.

Also on a different note Yvonne Turner looked great (was it just because NY looked so crappy), where did she come from?

Also we don't have anything to really trade for her and she is more of a combo guard than a PG but I like C. Williams in Conn. Now I'm just rambling.

Hey while I'm feeling strange can Kelly Faris play PG? I'm kind of joking but she is a big guard and plays hard, and Hartley was really bad tonight could Kelly be any worse? Just spit balling.

Still think Hartley can turn it around.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Funny though it is, I actually thought of Faris as well. She's no point guard but I think she's actually better than Hartley at this point in time.

The obvious dropee is Ekunwe. Just waive her and pick up someone, preferably a real PG. The Libs probably just need someone who can play 10 minutes/game during the time Piph is gone without killing the team. Unfortunately at this point it looks like Hartley is not that player.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allen used to move without the ball all the time. For us oldtimers, it was reminiscent of Bill Bradley. Her strength is spot-up shooting, but it's not going to happen with her standing around like she does now. I don't know what this offense is supposed to do. As far as I can tell, they either try to force the ball into the paint or hope something opens up as the ballhandler comes around and drives toward the middle. However, no one ever looks out toward the wing or corner where Allen should be spotting up. She's completely wasted in this offense. Meanwhile, Zellous was being left open and she passed up a number of shots. Good for zero points tonight. Also, she gave up most of those points Talbot scored in the 4th Quarter. Imagine the howling if Allen had been on the floor.

Wright isn't retired -- she's resting. She can come back at any time but I assume she took the year off for a reason. Given this weird looking offense, I'm not sure who you could bring in from the outside. Lindsay Allen is the easy answer, but I'm not sure she was fitting in that well either. When Boyd and Prince have been successful, they've basically gone one-on-one to create off the dribble. Obviously, Boyd mostly blows by people while Prince uses a variety of moves and shots. Either way, it's not really great team offense. I don't know who you could bring in off the streets to do that. Not many people who can create off the dribble are sitting around unemployed, and the best foreign players probably have national team duty anyway. But this is why management gets paid the big bucks while we live in the basement. Razz

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, the offense definitely looks incomplete. Among other things, there were quite a few times when whoever was driving never looked for the spot up shooters, and they did exist. And there were a lot of times when three players, or sometimes even four, looked stagnant watching the other one or two who were the only ones moving. It was an ugly win.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by a "moratorium". As far as I know, nothing prevents any team from making a trade or signing right now except roster and cap space. The trade deadline is July 31 at 8:00 PM EST.

I thought teams had to wait 10 days after the start of the season before signing any players.Isn't this the reason teams don't make final roster cuts until the last minute ?.......guess I was wrong.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/24/17 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/24/17 7:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Hartley basically blew that 15 point lead we had. Why can't we get the ball inside to Charles now?

just because she's -20 on the game? Rolling Eyes

to be somewhat fair, she just had a baby 4 months ago or so. She looks totally in shape, but still...

Don't care. That 15 point lead was blown while Hartley was in the game.

Same thing happened in the Sun/Lynx game. Soon as Miller put Danielle Adams and Rachel Banham into the game in the 3rd quarter, the Sun nearly instantly lost their nice lead they had and never we're about to recover. Every time he puts those two players into the game, it's like ringing the dinner bell for their opponents.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/24/17 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm in favor of a trade, just not trading away our first round pick. That maybe be as high as the #6 or #7 pick(Russell? K. Brown? L. Brown?). Even at the #10 pick I don't feel is worth trading away(Scaife? Nurse? Canada?). We just might see Rodgers at PG when Prince is out and we bring back L. Allen. Starters would be Rodgers-Zellous-R. Allen-Charles-Stokes.

i am a big fan of Jordin Canada, question is will she be there at 10 if we pick at that spot? she will be the best PG in 2018 draft

Whos K.Brown ?

PostPosted: 05/24/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm in favor of a trade, just not trading away our first round pick. That maybe be as high as the #6 or #7 pick(Russell? K. Brown? L. Brown?). Even at the #10 pick I don't feel is worth trading away(Scaife? Nurse? Canada?). We just might see Rodgers at PG when Prince is out and we bring back L. Allen. Starters would be Rodgers-Zellous-R. Allen-Charles-Stokes.

i am a big fan of Jordin Canada, question is will she be there at 10 if we pick at that spot? she will be the best PG in 2018 draft

Whos K.Brown ?

Kalani Brown of Baylor. One of three likely players that might declare early for the 2018 draft(along with Collier & Stevens of UCONN).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/24/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Whos K.Brown ?

Kalani Brown is my guess She'll only be a junior this season and she was born in 1997 so she won't available until the 2019 draft. She is tall (6'6" or 6'7") and very solidly built and had a great year this past season for Baylor. Her Dad is PJ Brown (former NBA player) and Mom played at LaTech in the 90's.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Whos K.Brown ?

Kalani Brown of Baylor. One of three likely players that might declare early for the 2018 draft(along with Collier & Stevens of UCONN).

shes not eligible for 2018 check her birthdate. T. McCowan will be eligible though if teams think of her in a positive light for Miss. St

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
This is the first time I've looked at the Phoenix roster closely and it's really constructed in an unusual way. When was the last time we saw a WNBA roster with only three 1st Round picks? When was the last time we saw a WNBA team with three undrafted American players? Probably during the early days of the league before there was much of a draft history. This sounds like a question for pilight!

Last year's Stars had three undrafted Americans over the course of the season (Blake Dietrick, Haley Peters, Avery Warley) but not all at once.

The last team I can find with three undrafted Americans who were on the roster at the same time is the 2012 Mercury, who ended the season with Nakia Sanford, Dymond Simon, and Warley.

The last team I've found with only three first round picks is the 2005 Sting, who had Allison Feaster, Janel McCarville, and Dawn Staley. They traded Staley midway through the season.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kalani Brown won't be around at #10 in whatever draft she is in.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
This is the first time I've looked at the Phoenix roster closely and it's really constructed in an unusual way. When was the last time we saw a WNBA roster with only three 1st Round picks? When was the last time we saw a WNBA team with three undrafted American players? Probably during the early days of the league before there was much of a draft history. This sounds like a question for pilight!

Last year's Stars had three undrafted Americans over the course of the season (Blake Dietrick, Haley Peters, Avery Warley) but not all at once.

The last team I can find with three undrafted Americans who were on the roster at the same time is the 2012 Mercury, who ended the season with Nakia Sanford, Dymond Simon, and Warley.

The last team I've found with only three first round picks is the 2005 Sting, who had Allison Feaster, Janel McCarville, and Dawn Staley. They traded Staley midway through the season.

Ah, the 2012 Phoenix Tankers. It makes sense that they'd have three undrafted Americans. I didn't know what to expect in terms of the last team to have only three 1st Round picks. That large group of undrafted veterans that started the league had to retire and be replaced by draftees before this discussion was meaningful. I wasn't sure how long it would take. I guess it's safe to say having both situations -- only three 1st Round picks AND three undrafted Americans -- is really unusual.

Thank you for looking this up. You're truly Old Reliable when it comes to this stuff!

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Kalani Brown won't be around at #10 in whatever draft she is in.

Thats for Sure !!!! Top 5 IMO for 2019

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Ah, the 2012 Phoenix Tankers. It makes sense that they'd have three undrafted Americans. I didn't know what to expect in terms of the last team to have only three 1st Round picks. That large group of undrafted veterans that started the league had to retire and be replaced by draftees before this discussion was meaningful. I wasn't sure how long it would take. I guess it's safe to say having both situations -- only three 1st Round picks AND three undrafted Americans -- is really unusual.

Thank you for looking this up. You're truly Old Reliable when it comes to this stuff!

It's unusual now, yes.

In 2003 The Comets had three undrafted Americans (Kelley Gibson, Tiffani Johnson, Itoro Umoh-Coleman) and only two first round picks (Michelle Snow, Tina Thompson). OTOH, they also had Sheryl Swoopes and Cynthia Cooper (to start with) who were assigned by the league and might well have been first round picks if the league had existed when they graduated. When you get back that far the assigned players throw off the normal balance of such things.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
i still remember those old Big East days when Diggins would pick Hartley's cookies...

I can recall a game where Diggins repeatedly blocked Hartley who insisted on going back to her right hand. Diggins used to regularly own Hartley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: