60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Sky
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/23/17 6:51 pm    ::: Mystics @ Sky - 5/24/17 Reply Reply with quote

12:30 PT ET
Allstate Arena
Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Game info: http://www.wnba.com/game/20170524/WASCHI/

TV: NBATV; Monumental

Last edited by Luuuc on 05/25/17 6:01 am; edited 4 times in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/23/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the saga continues: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/ct-elle-delle-donne-chicago-return-sky-spt-0524-20170523-story.html

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/23/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
And the saga continues: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/ct-elle-delle-donne-chicago-return-sky-spt-0524-20170523-story.html

I hope it's obvious to everyone by now what really happened last offseason. There will always be some folks who are in denial or who rationalize EDD's behavior, but my god, where there's smoke, there's fire. And the 2016 Sky were an inferno.

That being said, we need to lose this game. The tank must roll on.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/23/17 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

I hope it's obvious to everyone by now what really happened last offseason. There will always be some folks who are in denial or who rationalize EDD's behavior, but my god, where there's smoke, there's fire. And the 2016 Sky were an inferno.

I dunno. I think this is a no-win situation- win and you lose lottery balls, lose and it's another round of "but what about Elenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

PostPosted: 05/23/17 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

team seems legit pissed...all I've heard I don't blame them.

Given that it's camp day that should temper it somewhat...those kids scream at everything without discrimination to anything but offense LOL

PostPosted: 05/24/17 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
After the Sky lost to the Dream on Friday night at home, guard Cappie Pondexter entered the media room and before a question was asked declared, "Don't ask no Delle Donne questions either."

After Monday's practice, veteran Tamera Young walked out of a Tribune interview after two questions about Delle Donne.

These dont sound like teammates who are too excited about EDD's Return , Laughing . About 2 weeks ago T.Young went off on me on Instagram for my statement left on @WNBAhoopz that Chicago would struggle this year with so many new pieces. Players & Coaches included , she began to say how they were better without EDD in the playoffs and dont discredit the whole team over 1 player ..basically saying she was old news in so many words.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
After the Sky lost to the Dream on Friday night at home, guard Cappie Pondexter entered the media room and before a question was asked declared, "Don't ask no Delle Donne questions either."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/24/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Not obvious to me and I didn't see any smoke. "I've heard something but that's all I'll say" doesn't seem like smoke. There is nothing being claimed, just that something could be claimed.

Statements about not wanting to be asked about Delle Donne don't automatically constitute animosity towards Delle Donne as a person. They would normally be insulted to some degree she wanted out, and also insulted that she is given so much credit for their success (especially since they weren't good before she showed up).

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So are we anticipating a tough physical game? Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson guarding Delle Donne should be amusing. Boyette vs. Meesseman - Imani better have a 20/10 type of game vs. Emma. Is Vandersloot back? Quigley?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
boogiezen

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goodness. Just play basketball! Rolling Eyes

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dolson guarding Delle Donne should be amusing. Boyette vs. Meesseman - Imani better have a 20/10 type of game vs. Emma. Is Vandersloot back? Quigley?

Quigley is back

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are they really playing Star wars music for introducing the mystics players?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Funny thing is, having EDD gone from Chicago will be better in the long run. They won't be that great this season but they're better off without her and ballhog diva attitude.

EDD and Toliver might make Washington a little bit better but it won't make them any where near championship quality. Both are selfish players on the court. Plus, the addition of EDD has completely taken Meesseman's game from her. And while Mike Thibault may still be a good coach, he's also an old fossil and his plays and strategies have become old and stale in my opinion.

I hate these stupid camp days. Hate the screaming kids and 'paid' attendance for these early afternoon games is usually atrocious. Wouldn't the team make more money in ticket sales by playing night games like they usually do?

I can't believe Vandersloot is STILL not in Chicago. What good is a starting point guard if she's not even with the team. She's going to come back, way behind the other players in terms of learning plays from the new coach and all the new Sky teammates will take a while to get used to her and her them.

Last edited by Ay Mate on 05/24/17 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
merlina

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

I hate these stupid camp days. Hate the screaming kids and 'paid' attendance for these early afternoon games is usually atrocious. Wouldn't the team make more money in ticket sales by playing night games like they usually do?

I hate the camp days, but they usually get a huge crowd in Seattle (the summer ones - not the preseason). I'd never heard of the Storm until my kid went to a camp day game. She loved it so much that she wanted to go to more games and she joined a team. I don't know that my experience is a common one, but that one camp day ticket turned into an 8 year season ticket holder.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Boyette? Didn't start and Parker was first off the bench.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nevermind, Boyette just entered the game.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Funny thing is, having EDD gone from Chicago will be better in the long run. They won't be that great this season but they're better off without her and ballhog diva attitude.

EDD and Toliver might make Washington a little bit better but it won't make them any where near championship quality. Both are selfish players on the court. Plus, the addition of EDD has completely taken Meesseman's game from her. And while Mike Thibault may still be a good coach, he's also an old fossil and his plays and strategies have become old and stale in my opinion.

I can't believe Vandersloot is STILL not in Chicago. What good is a starting point guard if she's not even with the team. She's going to come back, way behind the other players in terms of learning plays from the new coach and all the new Sky teammates will take a while to get used to her and her them.

I wouldn't say EDD has a diva attitude but I agree that we will be better off, mainly because I don't see Elena playing beyond the next Olympic cycle.

Anyways, go Sky! So glad to have Allie back.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come​ on, Imani! Play only two minutes and all you do is pick up two fouls!

zune69

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting Dolson was a great move by Stocks.Send Imani a early season message.I also hope this puts an end to the Dolson at pf/Breland at sf experiment.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/24/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky has missed too many layups. Confused

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandersloot is in the building.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Starting Dolson was a great move by Stocks.Send Imani a early season message.I also hope this puts an end to the Dolson at pf/Breland at sf experiment.

They're playing better with this line-up. And Cappie is killing it as their PG!! If only they could make those easy lay-ups, they'd be winning.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

They're playing better with this line-up. And Cappie is killing it as their PG!! If only they could make those easy lay-ups, they'd be winning.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How the hell was that a block on Cloud? Rolling Eyes

Also TRP balling out on Young! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: