RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/01/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
For the life of me, I can't figure out why liberals want this to happen so much. If he ends up deserving it, so be it, but it seems like people are hoping for it.

But then we get the woman-fearing, gay converting, nutjob Pence as president. Or if he got wrapped up in it, we get Paul "fuck the poor" Ryan.

Neither of those two would be better, and in many cases they might actually be worse.

I kinda agree with this. Since I'm not into American politics much being Aussie, what happens if Trumps entire group gets impeached? Who becomes president then? What happens if it's proven that Russia was responsible for hacking and its proven that Hillary would have won? Do they reverse it and make her president? Just curious. I'm not really stupid. I just don't know how all that works lol

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/01/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
justintyme wrote:
For the life of me, I can't figure out why liberals want this to happen so much. If he ends up deserving it, so be it, but it seems like people are hoping for it.

But then we get the woman-fearing, gay converting, nutjob Pence as president. Or if he got wrapped up in it, we get Paul "fuck the poor" Ryan.

Neither of those two would be better, and in many cases they might actually be worse.

I kinda agree with this. Since I'm not into American politics much being Aussie, what happens if Trumps entire group gets impeached? Who becomes president then? What happens if it's proven that Russia was responsible for hacking and its proven that Hillary would have won? Do they reverse it and make her president? Just curious. I'm not really stupid. I just don't know how all that works lol

If it would come out that the entire campaign was complicit, it would likely create a constitutional crisis, as there is no mechanisms in the Constitution to deal with such a legitimacy issue. As for who would be President, that is dictated by the 25th amendment and the Presidential Succession Act of 1947. The 25th designates the Vice President, while the PSA codifies the rest of the Order.

Thus it is Vice President, Speaker of the House, President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Secretary of State, Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of Defense....

The first non-Republican on that list is Sec. of Defense James Mattis.

There is absolutely no mechanism in place to give the Presidency to a runner up, even in the case of full on election fraud.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pence gave a speech in Ohio yesterday where he was extolling the policies of the Trump administration, and at one point he said something about coal jobs and had a line (paraphrasing) "and as The President likes to call himself 'Mr. Coal'". The audience was applauding somewhat for each of his talking points, but the Mr Coal line appeared to draw only silence. I did a search looking for reactions to it and found a 2016 article in which Pence is vowing to have Indiana defy the EPA coal plant rules.

I thought that Trump was saying a lot of right wing talking points (pro-life, Global Warming is not a problem, cut regulations and government, reduce taxes, increase the military) that he didn't actually believe in, in order to get Republicans to turn out. And he was in conflict with the right on job export and (at least with the right elite) in making illegal immigration a negative. But he is governing exactly as he campaigned.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

If this was directed to me- first, i'm not a self-described liberal. 2nd, trump in the white house is a clusterfuck of such disasterous proportions that Pence would be an improvement, because at least all of the peripheral shit- mar-a-lago, business all around the globe, bannon, wife in NYC, daughter in the WH, sons galavanting around the globe, etc etc etc etc. will be gone. Pence is just a typcial scumbag Republican politician who will be easier to zero in on and defeat. And I don't think he's a pathological liar and narcissist of the highest order as is Trump.

PostPosted: 04/03/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
justintyme wrote:

If this was directed to me- first, i'm not a self-described liberal. 2nd, trump in the white house is a clusterfuck of such disasterous proportions that Pence would be an improvement, because at least all of the peripheral shit- mar-a-lago, business all around the globe, bannon, wife in NYC, daughter in the WH, sons galavanting around the globe, etc etc etc etc. will be gone. Pence is just a typcial scumbag Republican politician who will be easier to zero in on and defeat. And I don't think he's a pathological liar and narcissist of the highest order as is Trump.

Add to that: I am legitimately frightened about what Trump will do in terms of foreign policy. While Pence and Ryan might be able to work together to do something pretty terrible things (or might not, given how incompetent Ryan is), I do not think they would start a war of aggression or drop a nuclear bomb. I am not at all convinced the same is true of Trump.

stever

PostPosted: 04/03/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/blackwater-founder-held-secret-seychelles-meeting-to-establish-trump-putin-back-channel/2017/04/03/95908a08-1648-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html?utm_term=.8ab126e8a79a&hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory#comments

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 04/03/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Add to that: I am legitimately frightened about what Trump will do in terms of foreign policy. While Pence and Ryan might be able to work together to do something pretty terrible things (or might not, given how incompetent Ryan is), I do not think they would start a war of aggression or drop a nuclear bomb. I am not at all convinced the same is true of Trump.

IF and that's a pretty sizeable IF, Trump gets impeached, the Senate will boot him out in a New York minute. Pence, in their eyes, is more controllable than Trump. Pence is an evil bastard, but I have a feeling he can be reasoned with not to trash everything. In 2020 he will be very beatable if he has had to finish off Trump's term with a likely more Democratic House and Senate.

If Trump survives I don't see him being re-elected as Republicans will run away from him and the Democrats could very well take back the Senate in 2018 and make a dent in the House in 2018 as well.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/19/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://nypost.com/2017/04/18/fbi-used-trump-dossier-to-justify-monitoring-of-ex-aide-report/

drip drip drip

PostPosted: 04/19/17 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Trump criticize Obama's vacations and how much he played golf?
Trump is in Florida more than Washington.

Trump will be a painful 4-yr lesson in taking the election more seriously. The election isn't a game show.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/19/17 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Didn't Trump criticize Obama's vacations and how much he played golf?
Trump is in Florida more than Washington.

Trump will be a painful 4-yr lesson in taking the election more seriously. The election isn't a game show.

MAGA

Millionaire Asshole Golfing Again

Another difference is that Obama golfed at Joint Base Andrews outside DC for almost 33% of the rounds. He didn't leave nearly every weekend to go to FL and profit by charging taxpayers golf cart fees, totalling $35,000 to date, for the Secret Service who guard him.

Additionally, Trump is golfing at a rate ~50% higher than Obama did, at once every 5.9 days vs 8.8 days.

Meanwhile, taxpayers shell out $150,000/day to protect the First Lady in Absentia and son in NYC.

Grifter In Chief.

PostPosted: 04/25/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/trump-today-live-updates?lf-content=193420520:lb-post-bcca74910eee82b822abdb6a3860c47d@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink

White House denies House Oversight Committee's request for documents related to Flynn

PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

obstruction of justice, maybe?

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
obstruction of justice, maybe?

No. Not even "maybe".

That's not how it works.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/09/17 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

drip, drip, splat

PostPosted: 05/11/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Jeff Sessions is in deep trouble, and here’s why"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/05/11/jeff-sessions-is-in-deep-trouble-and-heres-why

Quote:
That is the investigation that Sessions promised to stay away from. Firing the man heading the investigation — especially if Sessions knew that the reason was not the one stated in Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein’s May 9 memo — is a matter “arising from the campaigns for President of the United States.”

Sessions may have some explanation for why he chose to participate in the firing of Comey. But the attorney general may now be in considerable legal peril.

PostPosted: 05/12/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is literally and figuratively a 'wired' Watergate. Watergate on steroids and meth, with a crack chaser, smoking 'spike' to try to slow things down. In only four very long days we've seen most of the key parts of the Watergate scandal come to pass. All except the end game.

1. The POTUS publicly, via Twitter, expressed his desire for the FBI investigation into he and his campaign's potential misdeeds to stop. Nixon did the same behind close doors but, fortunately, he was caught on tape. Point is, however, Trump is on record having checked this box himself.

2. Only hours after that radioactive tweet, itself exactly the kind of damning detail that alone could have fueled speculation and investigation in the Watergate break-in for a YEAR, the POTUS fires the Director of the FBI. Although he has the legal right to do so, he also opens himself up to the appearance of attempting to derail the investigation into his campaign. And a firestorm. Multiple subsequent generations of the Washington Press Corp have been looking at Woodward and Bernstein's legend for over 40 years and dreaming of their moment. They got it now and they're all over it.

About the firing. The White House makes public the letter sent to Comey which includes a very bizarre paragraph. That paragraph reveals without question that Trump considered the Russian investigation before firing Comey. It says, essentially, even though you assured me three times I'm not under investigation, I nevertheless... have decided to fire you anyway.

The use of the word 'nevertheless' is both revealing and damning. It plainly establishes that Trump considered Comey's assurances on Russia. Yes, the second part of a sentence I didn't write there could be, and then Trump disregarded that information that weighed in his favor and did the right thing and fired Comey despite his assurances on Russia. But that's not really what happened and everyone knows it.

But then the assurances that Trump claims Comey gave him on three different occasions likely are not what really happened either. Comey is denying Trump's claims as being absolutely absurd. The reports coming out of the FBI and former CIA head Clapper is that Comey was summoned to the White House to dinner, didn't want to go, was pressured to make an oath of loyalty to Trump, refused, and came back from the experience shaken.

So now we understand why Trump included this bizarre paragraph in his letter to Comey. To TRY to establish, in the mind of the public and his supporters, if no one else, something that didn't happen, but something that puts the POTUS in a more favorable light. NOT the target of an FBI investigation. It is a tactic that is literally childlike. The only adults who would conceive of employing such a move would be low level petty criminals.

3. A weak cover-up of the cover-up ensued. Most of it was miserably handled. One part wasn't. They had a patsy. Rod Rosenstein. They had a guy with a stellar 25-year reputation as a straight shooter, they had him draft reasons for the firing, then they hid behind his integrity. They claimed they were merely following the recommendations of Comey's immediate superior. First problem with that is that nowhere in Rosenstein's memo does he call for Comey to be fired.

Second problem is Rosenstein has been balking. He threatened to quit when he saw how the rollout of the firing fingered him as being Lee Harvey Oswald.

So then Trump, as much as anything probably to keep Rosenstein from resigning, TRULY and permanently stepped in it. He admitted that HE had already decided to fire Comey and, incredibly, he said why. Something about Russia.

POTUS:

He [Rosenstein] had made a recommendation [actually, no]. But regardless of the recommendation, I was going to fire Comey...

And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself -- I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.

This is obstruction of justice. It's impeachable. I never really thought it would happen. But IF it were to happen, this is how I thought and predicted that it would happen. Abuse of power.

4) Hey. Still Friday to go yet. So Trump warns Comey about speaking freely to the press. Many people are calling it a threat. If so it's one of those murky East Coast street threats. You better HOPE... no longer FBI director James Comey... that there's no tapes of our conversation, Trump says in a tweet. Whatever it is it's one of most grossly inappropriate interactions ever recorded, overheard or tweeted between a POTUS and a (now) private citizen in this nation's history.

This may or may not be witness tampering. IDK. But it's an abuse of power. It's an attempt to intimidate a potential witness in an investigation in which the person issuing the warning is the target.

So this case has many parallels to Watergate. Obviously Trump didn't study recent presidential history or he could have avoided all of it. I'm wondering honestly after what has happened this week, which began with Comey asking for more resources to expand the very investigation Trump then called a witch hunt and needless tax payer expense that should be brought to a conclusion, whether Trump might be covering up something very personal. I'm not talking about being peed on by Russian models either. I think he would gladly take some of that right now with color photographs for souvenirs. I think this investigation might uncover that a Trump family member, Jared Kushner, was a principle colluder with the Russians and an investigation that might reveal that is something Trump would throw every possible stupid, misguided, and incompetent idea at in order to stop it.

And with so much happening so fast, boxes being checked by Trump himself that took YEARS for Woodward and Bernstein and Archibald Cox and others to uncover, drip by drop, I'm wondering how long or short this is all going to take to play out to its inevitable conclusion. My guess is Trump is exhausted already. Very unhappy. Believe me. He's no career politician like Richard Nixon. He's tough but he's not built for this. I think a year from now Trump will be long gone. Four months from today is my guess.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/13/17 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
.....now we understand why Trump included this bizarre paragraph in his letter to Comey. To TRY to establish, in the mind of the public and his supporters [i.e., the mentally deficient masses], if no one else, something that didn't happen, but something that puts the POTUS in a more favorable light. NOT the target of an FBI investigation. It is a tactic that is literally childlike. The only adults who would conceive of employing such a move would be low level petty criminals.

"I'm paper, you're GLOOO, whatever you say, sticks to YOOO." (average American 2nd grader) Razz

I have pointed this Trump strategy out repeatedly: He sez whatever he fears will be leveled at HIM, about YOU. Over and OVER AND OVER. "Lyin' Ted". "Crooked Hillary".

You've nicely reiterated how the shithead is, at dizzying speed, using up his rope to hang himself.

jammerbirdi wrote:
I think a year from now Trump will be long gone. Four months from today is my guess.

From your lips to God's ear Exclamation

PostPosted: 05/17/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Granted, the source isn't the most neutral, but the worm is turning....

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333589-poll-42-percent-of-voters-support-impeaching-trump

More Americans want President Trump impeached than don't, according to a new survey by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling released Tuesday.

Forty-eight percent of respondents said they would support Trump's impeachment, while 41 percent would oppose such charges.

Will the RepubElicans act like American citizens rather than the bought and paid for lapdogs of Energy Billionaires that they are?

PostPosted: 05/17/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
More Americans want President Trump impeached than don't, according to a new survey by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling released Tuesday.

Forty-eight percent of respondents said they would support Trump's impeachment, while 41 percent would oppose such charges.

48-41 huh. So, adjusted for your electoral college I assume he is still fine then? Razz

PostPosted: 05/17/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, then you destroy yourself."

Richard Nixon - August 9, 1974

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/17/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, Trump wins. Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: 05/17/17 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/18/17 4:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rosenstein was said to be exasperated and incensed after last week. This will go down in history as one of the most epic acts of revenge ever. And he can claim it's no such thing of course which makes the whole thing sweeter. He even waited until Robert Mueller had signed the agreement to be Special Counsel before informing the White House and the Attorney General about an hour later.

In Comey, Trump picked on the one person in D.C. he should have steered far far away from. A ramrod straight lawman. And he should have also given a wide berth to career DOJ prosecutors. My god what a stupid man and administration.

Oh. So after the appointing of a special counsel was announced, the White House convened principle advisers to draft a response. Get this. Jared Kushner (who had strongly advocated for the Comey firing) pushed for a combative response. Shocked

"He quickly summoned his top advisers, most of whom recommended that he adopt a conciliatory stance. But his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who had pushed Mr. Trump to fire Mr. Comey, urged the president to counterattack, according to two senior administration officials."

pilight

PostPosted: 05/18/17 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watergate took over two years to reach the point of Nixon's resignation, at which point formal impeachment proceedings had barely started. And that was with the opposing party in charge of both houses of congress. If there's anything to this, it will take a while before it is resolved.

PostPosted: 05/18/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The increased speed at which news cycles today, coupled with Trump's psychological issues, may result in a speedier resolution.

Btw, has there been a bigger pussy in the WH?

Such a whiny little bitch poopy diaper baby.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: