RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jim Comey is another lying asshole
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/16/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I think I'll watch WWE Smackdown in five minutes. It makes more sense than the news networks

All of them - CNN, MSNBC, FOX - all have panel after panel of "analysts" and "experts" saying some of most ridiculous bullshit imaginable. Nobody has anything of value to add, regardless of their political persuasion or perspective. It's really sad how our "news" sources have devolved to this.

You could go stick a microphone in front of random people on the street and get commentary of equal value.

Pro wrestling is more real than the White House output or the press coverage.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/16/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

All of them - CNN, MSNBC, FOX - all have panel after panel of "analysts" and "experts" saying some of most ridiculous bullshit imaginable. Nobody has anything of value to add, regardless of their political persuasion or perspective. It's really sad how our "news" sources have devolved to this.

We disagree a lot.

We agree here.

I think highly of several analysts (like..2)..but for the most part, these "news" stations have made this country dumber. Our political news has been upstaged by political satire for the past 10 years..(or more)..and that's ridiculous.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ok, I think I'll watch WWE Smackdown in five minutes. It makes more sense than the news networks

You could go stick a microphone in front of random people on the street and get commentary of equal value.

Pro wrestling is more real than the White House output or the press coverage.

This is patently absurd and smacks of the same Pelosi histrionics the writer complained of earlier.

Malcolm Nance has a bit more to add than anyone here, or off the street. Rolling Eyes

That said, the state of "the press" is demoralizing.

MSNBC might shitcan Lawrence O'Donnel despite his best-ever ratings and being 2nd only to Rachel Maddow in ratings on the network.

This continues an annoying shift to the right by the network since the election.

MSNBC announced Monday that it has hired George F. Will as a contributor, adding yet another conservative talker to its rapidly expanding roster of them. Two weeks ago, the cable news network gave former George W. Bush adviser Nicolle Wallace a 4 p.m. show. Former Fox News star Greta Van Susteren took over its 6 p.m. slot in January. And it has reportedly offered talk radio host Hugh Hewitt a show, as well.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/05/why_are_the_nyt_wapo_and_msnbc_on_a_conservative_hiring_spree.html

PostPosted: 05/16/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You folks REALLY need to watch more of the PBS newshour. FAR less histrionics. Far more intellectual.

I was just thinking tonight--when I peeked in on Lester Holt--how (all!) network and cable TV news is just hyperventilating with all the High Jinx in DC, in what it does for their ratings. Comical. Razz

PostPosted: 05/16/17 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
You folks REALLY need to watch more of the PBS newshour. FAR

I watch a lot of BBC World News. Sad that I have to watch a British network for my US news.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/17/17 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Howee wrote:
You folks REALLY need to watch more of the PBS newshour. FAR

I watch a lot of BBC World News. Sad that I have to watch a British network for my US news.

Agree. It's been this way for years.

PostPosted: 05/17/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

They'd probably be about as qualified. Any yoho can be a pundit. Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow have spent their entire adult lives as disc jockeys, yet millions of people listen to them pontificate about the issues of the day.

PostPosted: 05/17/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

They'd probably be about as qualified. Any yoho can be a pundit. Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow have spent their entire adult lives as disc jockeys, yet millions of people listen to them pontificate about the issues of the day.

They both have long repetitive tiresome setups to whatever point they are trying to make. I guess it is from a background of having to fill up so much airtime on radio.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/17/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

They both have long repetitive tiresome setups to whatever point they are trying to make. I guess it is from a background of having to fill up so much airtime on radio.

What really bothers me about Maddow is that she has the "if I repeat this nonsense long enough, someone will eventually agree with me" down to an art form. Especially on legal issues, she'll get some very precise leading question which typically gets the issue all wrong. When her guest says "well no, that's not how it works" she will come back to it and try the same question several more times. When that doesn't produce the answer she wants, she'll try it with the next guest, and the next, until she finally finds someone who knows just as little about it as she does ( or cares just as little about accuracy as she does) and agrees with her. Then for the rest of the night she'll cite that guest as saying "so and so said earlier in the show that [fill in whatever her leading question was for which she finally got a "yes" answer]". She won't mention any of the guests who said she had it all wrong.

It's just propaganda. Last night it was all about trying to find guests willing to say Trump was guilty of obstruction of justice. Then she pronounced "if I was teaching school about obstruction of justice, this would seem to be my perfect example" and I was thinking "that's why you're not teaching law.". Her guest at the time also told her she didn't understand it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: