RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Congrats to Taurasi and Penny!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarab

PostPosted: 05/14/17 10:41 pm    ::: Congrats to Taurasi and Penny! Reply Reply with quote

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2017/05/15/phoenix-mercury-star-diana-taurasi-marries-former-mercury-player-penny-taylor/321798001/

PostPosted: 05/15/17 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope they have a long and wonderful life together!

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awesome , so its real . I was stuck thinking this article was a hoax since this was the only one posted online through google search . Glad to see its true congrats ! PFT Penny Effin Taurasi Laughing

PostPosted: 05/15/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the happy couple.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/15/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it common knowledge, or am I the only person to realize that an anagaram of "Diana Lorena Taurasi" is "An Australian I Adore"?

StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/15/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Diana and Penny!

That said, the following photo from 2007 now has a different feel and vibe to it. Wink

PostPosted: 05/16/17 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently, the W has no fraternization rules. Especially relationships between management and craft.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Apparently, the W has no fraternization rules. Especially relationships between management and craft.

You would think Swoopes/Scott and Lieberman/DeForge would have taught them a lesson.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BallState1984 wrote:

You would think Swoopes/Scott and Lieberman/DeForge would have taught them a lesson.

so I guess in your theory one rotten apple spoils the barrel. At any rate, clearly the relationship started as equals (if you could ever say DT was 'equal' to anybody!). Like any relationship it could succeed...or it could fail. That's life.

On the cynical side, I was just wondering about it in terms of a way to give a player more compensation than they are allowed to have. Like if EDD's wife were given a high paying job in the Mystics organization, wouldn't that raise a few eyebrows...(or how about Angel's, since that is closer to home for you)

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 05/16/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Like if EDD's wife were given a high paying job in the Mystics organization, wouldn't that raise a few eyebrows...(or how about Angel's, since that is closer to home for you)

You don't want one having a supervisory position over the other. Otherwise, I'd be very excited if the Dream gave Brande Elise a sinecure to keep Angel in town.

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/16/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking great!

http://people.com/sports/diana-taurasi-wedding-photo/

PostPosted: 05/16/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very happy for them. Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/16/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those rings tho.. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/16/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you know when you see a couple that is just meant to be together? DT and PT are one of them. Congrats.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/16/17 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
On the cynical side, I was just wondering about it in terms of a way to give a player more compensation than they are allowed to have. Like if EDD's wife were given a high paying job in the Mystics organization, wouldn't that raise a few eyebrows...(or how about Angel's, since that is closer to home for you)

This would appear to be covered under Article XV, section 2...

No Unauthorized Agreements.

(a) At no time shall there be any agreements or transactions of any kind (whether disclosed or undisclosed to the WNBA), express or implied, oral or written, or promises, undertakings, representations, commitments, inducements, assurances of intent, or understandings of any kind (whether disclosed or undisclosed to the WNBA), between a player (or any person or entity controlled by, related to, or acting with authority on behalf of such player) and any Team (or Team Affiliate):

(i) concerning any future extension or amendment of an existing Standard Player Contract or Team Marketing and Promotional Agreement, or entry into a new Standard Player Contract or Team Marketing and Promotional Agreement; or

(ii) except as permitted by this Agreement or as set forth in a Standard Player Contract (provided that the Team has not intentionally delayed submitting such Standard Player Contract for approval by the WNBA) or Team Marketing and Promotional Agreement, involving compensation or consideration of any kind or anything else of value to be paid, furnished or made available by, to, or for the benefit of the player, or any person or entity controlled by, related to, or acting with authority on behalf of the player; or

(iii) except as permitted by this Agreement, involving an investment or business opportunity to be furnished or made available by, to, or for the benefit of the player, or any person or entity controlled by, related to, or acting with authority on behalf of the player.

(b) In addition to the foregoing, it shall be a violation of this Section 2 for any Team (or Team Affiliate) or any player (or any person or entity controlled by, related to, or acting with authority on behalf of such player) to attempt to enter into or to solicit any agreement, transaction, promise, undertaking, representation, commitment, inducement, assurance of intent or understanding that would be prohibited by Section 2(a) above.

(c) A violation of Section 2(a) or 2(b) above may be proven by direct or circumstantial evidence, including, but not limited to, evidence that a Standard Player Contract or Team Marketing and Promotional Agreement, or any term or provision thereof, cannot rationally be explained in the absence of conduct violative of Section 2(a) or 2(b). The foregoing sentence shall not limit the nature or character of the evidence that may be proffered or that, consistent with any applicable rules of evidence, may be admitted in any proceeding conducted in accordance with the procedures set forth in this Agreement.

(d) In any proceeding brought before the Arbitrator pursuant to this Section 2, no adverse inference shall be drawn against the party initiating such proceeding because that party, when it first suspected or believed that a violation of Section 2 may have occurred, deferred the initiation of such proceeding until it had further reason to believe that such a violation had occurred.

(e) A player will not be found to have committed a violation of Section 2(a)(ii) above if the violation is the Team’s intentional delay in submitting a Standard Player Contract to the WNBA and this was done without the player’s knowledge.

-----

That's a lot of legalese to parse through (2(a) is practically poetry), but it appears to boil down to whether the non-player's benefit can be rationally explained as something other than an attempt to circumvent the salary cap.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awww. Congrats ladies. For some reason I wished they could've both wore a necklace, esp DT. LOL. I love the simplistic look though.

PostPosted: 05/17/17 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very happy for them. 2 of my fave players Very Happy

p.s not into Penny's dress. Not liking the front

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/17/17 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to know who did DT's makeup. She looks fabulous!

PostPosted: 05/17/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor. They appear to be very much in love, and I hope that they get to enjoy a wonderful and happy life together.

With that said, does anyone here besides me feel any empathy for Rodrigo at all?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/17/17 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They make a nice couple and it's been known for quite a while. Didn't they buy a house together in SoCal a few years ago?

I know nothing about same sex marriage ceremonies, and am wondering if there's any significance to the fact that Penny is wearing something akin to a traditional bridal gown whereas Diana is dressed in slacks and jacket. Is that usual, and if so, how is it decided who wears what?
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/17/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Congratulations to Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor. They appear to be very much in love, and I hope that they get to enjoy a wonderful and happy life together.

With that said, does anyone here besides me feel any empathy for Rodrigo at all?

It has been 8 years. He probably got over it.

Quote:
Penny is wearing something akin to a traditional bridal gown whereas Diana is dressed in slacks and jacket. Is that usual, and if so, how is it decided who wears what?

Good luck trying to get Taurasi into a dress Laughing Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/17/17 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

______X [and raises hand]

This reminds me of Woody Allen's 1979 movie Manhattan, where he plays a writer whose ex-wife (played by Meryl Streep) has become a lesbian and is writing a book of her own about her marriage with Woody's character, much to Woody's embarrassment.

On a real-life instance, it also brings to mind of actor Lou Diamond Phillips, who married Julie Cypher in 1987. The two divorced in 1990 and Julie announced she was a lesbian and started dating singer Melissa Etheridge. Julie and Melissa became partners for 10 years.

PostPosted: 05/17/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Why? Divorce isn't uncommon anymore.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/17/17 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Maybe. Maybe not. I wasn't really asking whether people thought he was "over" it, and I didn't realize that there was a statute of limitations on empathy.

miller40 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? As far as I know, Gil wasn't a bad husband, nor did he do wrong by Penny. Is there any reason why I shouldn't feel empathy for a person whose marriage ends for reasons that were, TTBOMK, completely outside of their control?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
miller40

PostPosted: 05/17/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Maybe. Maybe not. I wasn't really asking whether people thought he was "over" it, and I didn't realize that there was a statute of limitations on empathy.

miller40 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? As far as I know, Gil wasn't a bad husband, nor did he do wrong by Penny. Is there any reason why I shouldn't feel empathy for a person whose marriage ends for reasons that were, TTBOMK, completely outside of their control?

I have no idea why they divorced. Maybe you know more about that than me.

Also, bisexuality exists.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: