Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/15/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber Harris lives!

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/15/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stocks is lost.

You KNEW Sloot and Quigley could be missing time to start the season and that one of them could also be participating in Eurobasket this June. Presumably this is why Jankoska was drafted at #9.

Thens she gets cut after one game? And you're keeping Amber fucking Harris???? Where is your scouting? Where is your drafting strategy? You're already stuck with Coates because you drafted her for a trade and couldn't pull it off, now your other first rounder is already off the team?

Total waste of an asset. Gross.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/15/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Stocks is lost.

You KNEW Sloot and Quigley could be missing time to start the season and that one of them could also be participating in Eurobasket this June. Presumably this is why Jankoska was drafted at #9.

Thens she gets cut after one game? And you're keeping Amber fucking Harris???? Where is your scouting? Where is your drafting strategy? You're already stuck with Coates because you drafted her for a trade and couldn't pull it off, now your other first rounder is already off the team?

I'm assuming both Vandersloot and Quigley are on the way with the release of Jankoska and Cooper

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Stocks is lost.

I'm assuming both Vandersloot and Quigley are on the way with the release of Jankoska and Cooper

They have the Turkish finals on Wednesday, tho. So why even have Tori and Shayla on the roster if you were going to cut them after Game 1?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So was Stocks at Xavier when Harris was there? That might explain it.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Stocks is lost.

They have the Turkish finals on Wednesday, tho. So why even have Tori and Shayla on the roster if you were going to cut them after Game 1?

Waiver claims, maybe? Unless they're bringing other players in before Sloot/Quigley arrive, the timing doesn't make much sense. Either start the season with 12 including the players you're waiting on, or give them those remaining days to make an impression before you're required to cut them.

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So was Stocks at Xavier when Harris was there? That might explain it.

Yes, they were both there for 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault loved him some Tori's (plural) ijs

PostPosted: 05/15/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well -the timing might make sense if you didn't want to pay their salary for a week, and wanted to avoid paying for their cars and apartments, etc.......just sayin.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/15/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Well -the timing might make sense if you didn't want to pay their salary for a week, and wanted to avoid paying for their cars and apartments, etc.......just sayin.

But the opinion on whether they wanted to do that or not changed between Friday and Monday?

PostPosted: 05/15/17 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the downside of being a average team with great depth.I've Been saying it since the offseason,chicago is doing a poor job off managing their assets.Too many bench players capable of starting,but not enough stars to be a championship contender.which means,limited cap space to hold on too your depth,or waiving quality players/high draft picks.

Chicago should have:

Drafted Gray #2
Drafted Davis or best player available at #9
Drafted a pg in the 2nd round
Traded Faulkner,Young,and Pondexter or Quigley

Bad job by Stocks/Sky management.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/15/17 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Sky waive Tori Jankoska and Shayla Cooper

http://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-waive-tori-jankoska-shayla-cooper/

Definitely saw Jankoska getting cut. That last spot was either Cooper or Harris.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/15/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

trying to be positive the Hampton pick up was decent considering the player they drafted and traded for her didn't last. And whie Jankoska was viewed as a little high most of us dwellers had Epps between 8-18 so getting Epps in the third round worked out, and Epps beating out Janoska isn't that shocking.

so what is it now

Vandrsloot/Epps
Pondexter/Quigley/Copper
Young/Hampton
Dolson/Breland/Harris
Boyette/Parker

still looks like an OK middle of the pack kind of team

blaase22

PostPosted: 05/16/17 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Amber Harris lives!

I'm still bitter the Lynx drafted her over Lavender Laughing

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/16/17 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
trying to be positive the Hampton pick up was decent considering the player they drafted and traded for her didn't last. And whie Jankoska was viewed as a little high most of us dwellers had Epps between 8-18 so getting Epps in the third round worked out, and Epps beating out Janoska isn't that shocking.

so what is it now

Vandrsloot/Epps
Pondexter/Quigley/Copper
Young/Hampton
Dolson/Breland/Harris
Boyette/Parker

still looks like an OK middle of the pack kind of team

Exactly. I think it's a bit premature to call Stocks a colossal failure. Yes, the Jankoska pick was odd, but as you mentioned, Stocks used her 2nd and 3rd round picks well, which could balance it out. I haven't seen Amber Harris recently in order to make a judgement but it seems as though she's the placeholder that they will easily cut when Coates is ready.

I'm actually excited to see how Copper and Epps grow and develop.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blowing the #9 pick is bad. The previous four #9 picks are all on rosters. Three of them are starters.

I'll cut Stocks some slack. LA certainly isn't the place to learn about good drafting. She may figure it all out before they can her.

Perhaps it is telling that we basement dwellers were able to identify Jankoska as bad pick right away.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Blowing the #9 pick is bad. The previous four #9 picks are all on rosters. Three of them are starters.

I'll cut Stocks some slack. LA certainly isn't the place to learn about good drafting. She may figure it all out before they can her.

Perhaps it is telling that we basement dwellers were able to identify Jankoska as bad pick right away.

I am not defending the Jankoska move, I definitely agree it's bad. However, I think some of her other moves have turned out well for the Sky. You take the good with the bad.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Stocks is lost.

Shocked that an owner would turn over his/her franchise to an absolute rookie who never before was a head coach even. Again, another lame brain screwing up the Chicago franchise.

She should have known better. Most of the posters on Rebkell knew it was a bad draft pick and most/none of them are coaches. WTF. Now, Chicago could end up with nothing. Unbelievable... Shocked

zune69

PostPosted: 05/16/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago sky in a alternate universe:

G-Vandersloot
G-Gray #2
C-Boyette
F-Breland
F-Davis #9
6-Dolson
7-Copper
8-Parker
9-2nd rd pick

Other assets to trade or keep:
Pondexter
Quigley
Young
Faulkner

Enough assets to make 1 or 2 big trades,or just rebuild with youth.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/16/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Chicago sky in a alternate universe:

G-Vandersloot
G-Gray #2
C-Boyette
F-Breland
F-Davis #9
6-Dolson
7-Copper
8-Parker
9-2nd rd pick

Other assets to trade or keep:
Pondexter
Quigley

Young
Faulkner

Enough assets to make 1 or 2 big trades,or just rebuild with youth.

Feel your pain... Evil or Very Mad

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/16/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I wonder if it turns out to be like the Lynx draft in 2006, where they were desperate for a point guard so took Shona Thorburn artificially high, and then took a flier on Megan Duffy further down as well. Turned out the only player from that draft from #7 on down who had a remotely meaningful WNBA career was Mistie Bass, so they were on a hiding to nothing looking for a lead guard with those picks anyway.

Sometimes maybe you take the wrong player, but sometimes there wasn't really anyone to take anyway.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

I wonder if it turns out to be like the Lynx draft in 2006, where they were desperate for a point guard so took Shona Thorburn artificially high, and then took a flier on Megan Duffy further down as well. Turned out the only player from that draft from #7 on down who had a remotely meaningful WNBA career was Mistie Bass, so they were on a hiding to nothing looking for a lead guard with those picks anyway.

Sometimes maybe you take the wrong player, but sometimes there wasn't really anyone to take anyway.

Kaela Davis might not turn out to be much of a player, but you have to think she has a better chance than anyone the Lynx missed out on. And she plays the same position as Jankowska.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/16/17 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Kaela Davis might not turn out to be much of a player, but you have to think she has a better chance than anyone the Lynx missed out on. And she plays the same position as Jankowska.

K. Davis is closer to a SF than a SG and Jankoska is a PG - maybe toward the SG side. They are not at all alike.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/16/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

K. Davis is closer to a SF than a SG and Jankoska is a PG - maybe toward the SG side. They are not at all alike.

I guess I meant they are a lot closer than Shona Thornburn and Mistie Bass.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/16/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, if Coates were a sure thing like a Stewie, Nneka, or Aja Wilson, then it would make sense to take her at #2. I may be wrong, but I expect her to just be serviceable and mostly as a backup. Which means #2 was way too high, especially since it isn't where they need the help. If they did in fact take her thinking she could be part of a trade, then it was a huge mistake to not have the trade nailed down beforehand.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 17 of 28

Jump to: