100%
 100%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 20

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/15/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
Elena felt the love from Delaware Fans;

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/05/14/elena-delle-donne-feels-love-delaware-blue-hens-supporters-during-her-mystics-debut/321796001/

How was the bus ride? Do you expect to have more of them?

There will be more bus rides from Delaware to DC

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/15/17 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched with interest the Thibault's offense with interest for the first time and I was intrigued with his no set play offense. I am curious what other people think of it. I think I like it. I know people will see how well Elena can pass the ball.

The Mystics defense i was disappointed with but I believe it will get better. I saw Elena leave her responsibile player in a man on man defense and get burnt on it twice.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
I watched with interest the Thibault's offense with interest for the first time and I was intrigued with his no set play offense. I am curious what other people think of it. I think I like it. I know people will see how well Elena can pass the ball.

The Mystics defense i was disappointed with but I believe it will get better. I saw Elena leave her responsibile player in a man on man defense and get burnt on it twice.

I enjoyed watching the offense work. I think they will be a potent force. Especially if Hill and Tolly and Ivory and whoever else can make threes at a good enough clip. Very hard to guard. Was surprised to see T.Hawkins kinda stink it up after nice preseason, but maybe that was part of the Meeseman return. If she can play at a high enough level during Meese's absence, they will continue to score points. A healthy EDD is so much fun to watch, and I loved that she didn't have to go one-on-one all the time as she was doing in Chicago.

And defense will be the big question mark all year.

- Amanda Gorman
Lumes

PostPosted: 05/15/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

there are some doubts after this win.
1) 8/19 3pt by Stars. Really? 8 3pointers from the team, that was held to just 5 attempts a night before? without its best 3 perimeter players. Then what will do with DC defense teams, that are much more dangerous from behind the arc? Help defense didn't work properly.
2) 5 fouls by EDD. Also bad sign vs very modest frontcourt. Emma/EDD foul troubles could be a trend for upcoming season.
3. Latta. Looked lost. She is unbelievable big heart player, but in this game, as a leader of second unit scoring, Ivory only was remembered by stupid TO's (ok, one was because of refs mistake). Also very often got in trap Asia Taylor.

I'm personally didn't like ball movement - a long way to go for this squad to build chemistry on the floor. DC didn't have good plays for corner 3pt shots, a lot of penetration should have been finished with pass to open sharpshooters, but Hill and TRP preferred to make difficult lay-ups (thanks to refs mercy - a lot of good calls for home side). Mostly offense was carried by EDD's unreal talent advantage over her defenders.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/16/17 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0o91Yzezfq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-bIxCWYetwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: