17%  [ 5 ]
Liberty
82%
 82%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 29

cappa23MVP

PostPosted: 05/13/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Don't know why people are killing her. She's played well today. Bad judgment on the two early fouls but I'm otherwise pleased.

Boyd played a helluva fourth quarter. She came in and immediately set the tone. Picked the team up and carried it to the finish line. Yet, people ate bashing her by saying she's one step out of league....lol. Umm, not happening, sorry to disappoint.

Hilarious, same fans who bitched about Cappie, are bitching about Boyd. She's the new whipping girl. C'mon, you guys don't really, want her off the team..that would mean, you'd have to find someone else to bitch about...but that's where your joy comes from.

Enjoy the season...but most of all enjoy Brittany Boyd.😋

PostPosted: 05/13/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Wheres R.Allen??

I think he finally retired.

Lol Rebecca

PostPosted: 05/13/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd was a completely different player the second half. So was Zahui B. Just like season, we're going to rely a lot on our bench to score. Hopefully Allen comes back soon. Loved what I saw from Nayo, Hartley & especially Burdick!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/13/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer destroyed the team's execution and effort post game. He said if they want to win a championship that effort won't get it done and "they ain't gonna win nothin'" playing like that. He also correctly cited missed FTs and boxing out.

I thought the late 3rd and early 4th were pretty bad but I thought the first half was ok in terms of execution on offense. They did miss FTs and as I at least pointed out in the first half, the boxing out was terrible.

Though otherwise I haven't really predicted much that actually has happened. And I think he's right to let them know the effort wasn't good enough, but I also think he's trying to toughen the team up.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Laimbeer destroyed the team's execution and effort post game. He said if they want to win a championship that effort won't get it done and "they ain't gonna win nothin'" playing like that.

I thought the late 3rd and early 4th were pretty bad but I thought the first half was ok in terms of execution on offense. They did miss FTs and as I at least pointed out in the first half, the boxing out was terrible.

It would have been a 15 point win if they could make a layup in the first half. But yeah, there's no reason why he should have had to put his starters back in at the end given their physical advantage.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/13/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coulda been worse too. San Antonio missed 12 FTs.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAS did pretty well considering they seemed to have only 2 players, Currie and Harrison, who could put the ball in the basket. Harrison was a real find for SAS. Not much impressed by the Libs, all they could do was play pretty much even most of the game against a team without their top scorers except for Harrison. I guess a lot of the credit should go to VJ for teaching tough defense. I assume SAS will have the same players tomorrow. I hope Hamby and Alexander can step up and act like they are veterans.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/13/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexander barely played. If that's a reflection of what VJ generally thinks of her, I'd be tempted to give Riley a call and see if she's available on the cheap. She looked like she was developing into something at least somewhat useful last season.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Alexander barely played. If that's a reflection of what VJ generally thinks of her, I'd be tempted to give Riley a call and see if she's available on the cheap. She looked like she was developing into something at least somewhat useful last season.

Those two very quick fouls probably did not give VJ much faith in her today.

(now with spelling variations)
Barrister15

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once the Libs started getting their act together, the game was a pleasure to watch. After almost 5 years away from a live WNBA, I must say, not much has changed - the officials still suck, Bill Laimbeer still yells a lot, the Libs still make dumb mistakes and take unnecessary fouls, and not much has changed with the Libs arena experience, except for the addition of the MC guy who wanders around (I found it annoying in CT too). MSG food has gotten WAY better albeit WAY more expensive. Still not letting people keep the caps on their water/soda bottles. That super tshirt cannon was new, as was the flaming torch thing. I remember home openers in the past being different, though - am I making this up or didn't they used to intro the whole team at the home opener, not just the starters?

The kid was underwhelmed, though she did appreciate the snacks. At one point she did say she wanted to be a basketball player when she grows up (a relief, since she also said she wanted to be a cop, breaking the hearts of her two public defender moms). By the end, she said it was fun, but she likes soccer better (seriously? Soccer is like watching paint dry... in humidity.). Not sure if she'll be ready for another game anytime soon.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so listened to Bill Liambeer's post game interview, he was not happy. one alarming thing he said was Kiah Stokes is out of shape SMH thats not good.
so i wonder if he could start Nayo at PF? i loved her hustle i want to see more of her

toad455

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
so listened to Bill Liambeer's post game interview, he was not happy. one alarming thing he said was Kiah Stokes is out of shape SMH thats not good.
so i wonder if he could start Nayo at PF? i loved her hustle i want to see more of her

Stokes was a mess today. I see Vaughn starting once she's back from her Euro commitment. Have Zahui B back-up Vaughn and Nayo back-up Charles. If Stokes isn't improved by the end of the season, I could see Laimbeer trading her. She never provided offense, and if she's slow getting up the court and can't rebound, why keep her.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

The policy for years in New York from Laimbeer has been to put big bodies at the 5 next to Charles so that she doesn't have to do all the banging inside - so that seems distinctly unlikely. Vaughn maybe, or even AZB if she learns how to defend anything with a pulse, but a small 4 that moves Charles to the 5 will be further down the list.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Stokes was a mess today. I see Vaughn starting once she's back from her Euro commitment. Have Zahui B back-up Vaughn and Nayo back-up Charles. If Stokes isn't improved by the end of the season, I could see Laimbeer trading her. She never provided offense, and if she's slow getting up the court and can't rebound, why keep her.

yeah he was so disappointed in her, Stokes better wake the f**k up cuz Bill will not have it. honestly i thought she kinda slowed down after the olympics, it was like she was tired or something, she was not as active blocking shots like she used to be. im cool with Vaughn starting i thought she played solid, so did Prince. i like Prince comin off the bench for instant offense, Hartley was okay i want her to shoot when she's open, she's got a nice shoot. but Bill is right we would be blown out if we had played against the Lynx

NYL_WNBA_FAN

They're going to need Stokes to get in shape, plain and simple. She's their only shot blocker and their greatest defensive presence. I'm shocked by how she looks though. From day 1 with NY she could always run. This year she looks bottom heavy and a step or two slower. Still has the quick hops at least but it's certainly still not acceptable and disappointing from a player I would not have expected to be out of shape. I really like the Vaughn/Hartley acquisition for Swords. Swords helped the team and I appreciate her contributions for the last two years. But Kia gives you so much more versatility on offense because of the edges in athleticism and perimeter game. Bill ID'ed her as one of the few positives in his postgame press conference. He mentioned her weight loss and overall dedication.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 05/13/17 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
toad455

Richyyy wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

The policy for years in New York from Laimbeer has been to put big bodies at the 5 next to Charles so that she doesn't have to do all the banging inside - so that seems distinctly unlikely. Vaughn maybe, or even AZB if she learns how to defend anything with a pulse, but a small 4 that moves Charles to the 5 will be further down the list.

And when Vaughn is out for those three weeks, I'd assume someone like Kai James will come back. Charles at the 5 is really only an emergency situation.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

yea i would not be surprise to see Vaughn starting Thursday against the Lynx, i wonder who is gonna be guarding Maya Moore

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/13/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Zellous starts again I'd think it would be her.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Burdick gets the first highlight of the 2017 WNBA season!!

Very Happy

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 05/13/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Slow start for both teams. Izzy looking good early.

Hometown fave Hartley gets a big hand as she checks in...

I hope Izzy can stay healthy and have a real good year.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/13/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bhIx-2a1gAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VkOVj2u432U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by tfan on 05/13/17 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
stever

PostPosted: 05/13/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZrPv3NS5ryc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/13/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Currie's got a good sense of humor. She's always been in that vein of DMJ and Pierson, though; you loathe them on the court unless they play for you, but they're great off the court.

(now with spelling variations)
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/13/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

True. I only thought or said "I Hate Currie" 5 or 6 times today myself. I've mellowed with age.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd must really be disliked around the league. I know personally that makes me like her more. I wish more Libs players had that edge to their games.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: