RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 05/12/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks still haven't waived anyone? WTF!?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/12/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

something something special privileges something rules don't apply something something something funny joke something

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/12/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
something something special privileges something rules don't apply something something something funny joke something

This statement sounds like an old Keith Sweat song. Something just ain't right Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This would appear to be a final roster. Anyone know who the hell Maimouna Diarra is? https://twitter.com/LA_Sparks/status/863175301227921408

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting fan reaction:

Quote:
Nate‏ @CPVDAR23 40m40 minutes ago
Replying to @LA_Sparks

Fuck em
0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Yeah, I know I broke my rule on reading follow up comments.

Last edited by Randy on 05/12/17 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
This would appear to be a final roster. Anyone know who the hell Maimouna Diarra is? https://twitter.com/LA_Sparks/status/863175301227921408

Seriously, who is Diarra and where she'd come from? Congrats to Wiese & Ibekwe!! Also, unless Diarra is a mistake, I didn't think the Sparks had the cap space for 12.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Seriously, who is Diarra and where she'd come from? Congrats to Wiese & Ibekwe!! Also, unless Diarra is a mistake, I didn't think the Sparks had the cap space for 12.

As I mentioned at least once or twice, it depended on who they kept. Diarra's rookie minimum rather than Warley-Talbert's vet minimum is a central part of why there are 12 names rather than 11.

She's a fairly mediocre-looking Senegalese center, by the way: http://www.fiba.com/olympicswomen/2016/Maimouna-Diarra

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming Diarra won some sort of drawing allowing her to become a Spark for a short while. Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

As I mentioned at least once or twice, it depended on who they kept. Diarra's rookie minimum rather than Warley-Talbert's vet minimum is a central part of why there are 12 names rather than 11.

She's a fairly mediocre-looking Senegalese center, by the way: http://www.fiba.com/olympicswomen/2016/Maimouna-Diarra

Was she even in camp? When did she get signed?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
When did she get signed?

According to http://www.wnba.com/transactions/ , today.

PostPosted: 05/12/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so. grats to Ify for making it...I guess instead of Ruef. The Senegalese signing on the last day is just weird. I'm guessing because of contracts/cap they had to choose between AWT and TJJ. They better hope Nneka can play 40 minutes tomorrow.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 05/12/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least the Sparks will have 9 players for tomorrow night. Though I'd like to think Ruef is better than Diarra who likely hasn't even been in camp.

PG: Gray/Wiese
SG: Sims/Williams
SF: Beard/Ibekwe
PF: Jackson-Jones
C: Ogwumike/Diarra

Randy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How would you like to get cut by a player who showed up in training camp on the last day. (Unless the Sparks bended the rules a little and had the Senegal Secret around before she was signed.) Wink

toad455

PostPosted: 05/12/17 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
How would you like to get cut by a player who showed up in training camp on the last day. (Unless the Sparks bended the rules a little and had the Senegal Secret around before she was signed.) Wink

and likely didn't even step foot into camp.

jap

PostPosted: 05/12/17 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so. grats to Ify for making it...I guess instead of Ruef. The Senegalese signing on the last day is just weird. I'm guessing because of contracts/cap they had to choose between AWT and TJJ. They better hope Nneka can play 40 minutes tomorrow.

Nneka is the WNBA's reigning Energizer Bunny, taking over for the retired Catch. Except for foul trouble, I would expect her to be able to play as long as they need her to.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diarra isn't listed on the Sparks' roster now. Very odd.

http://sparks.wnba.com/roster/

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/14/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

You made a statement lumping the family together like it was a fact they shoot the same, that is not true. The elder and the middle samuelson have totally different shots, then you say she has a slow release and bring up aim, when in fact she was face guarded most of the time, but still was able to tie Stanfords single season 3 point record along with accuracy in the top couple of shooters in the nation for the last 2 years and yes I am saying she is accurate from beyond the arc, in fact the line didn't even seem to phase her wherever it was. And again you ignore the fact that she CAN shoot that far out which has nothing to do with release, it is called range! So don't be surprised that I questioned what you said.

I think the Samuelson family has a similar shot style with a distinctive aim and release point. With her release point I don't see her getting off 3 point shots if she is "face guarded" - unless she backs up even further and the defender remains at the 3-point line. You are ignoring the question of why she shoots that far out and is she as accurate from far out as she is at the line. Feel free to disagree - as it is just two opinions.

No you are harping on something that is not relevant and as stated by others she CAN shoot way out there with just as much accuracy. BTW the elder Samuelson shot was nothing like the middle Samuelson. The elder shot with a straight arm, low arc shot, without using her legs, the middle has way more arc catches in the pocket with her legs already under her, elbow always the same and uses a lot of backspin and uses her legs. They are not even close to being the same type of player either.

Really you don't see her getting her shot off while being face guarded, first she was face guarded in college, and what she did was get open off of screens and by conitinually moving, thats usually what players do when being face guarded. Not sure what point you are making please enlighten me as to who is getting their shot off while being face guarded without getting open to catch a ball?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Shes back nw lol somebodys watching reb 😃

PostPosted: 05/18/17 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

You made a statement lumping the family together like it was a fact they shoot the same, that is not true. The elder and the middle samuelson have totally different shots, then you say she has a slow release and bring up aim, when in fact she was face guarded most of the time, but still was able to tie Stanfords single season 3 point record along with accuracy in the top couple of shooters in the nation for the last 2 years and yes I am saying she is accurate from beyond the arc, in fact the line didn't even seem to phase her wherever it was. And again you ignore the fact that she CAN shoot that far out which has nothing to do with release, it is called range! So don't be surprised that I questioned what you said.

I think the Samuelson family has a similar shot style with a distinctive aim and release point. With her release point I don't see her getting off 3 point shots if she is "face guarded" - unless she backs up even further and the defender remains at the 3-point line. You are ignoring the question of why she shoots that far out and is she as accurate from far out as she is at the line. Feel free to disagree - as it is just two opinions.

No you are harping on something that is not relevant and as stated by others she CAN shoot way out there with just as much accuracy. BTW the elder Samuelson shot was nothing like the middle Samuelson. The elder shot with a straight arm, low arc shot, without using her legs, the middle has way more arc catches in the pocket with her legs already under her, elbow always the same and uses a lot of backspin and uses her legs. They are not even close to being the same type of player either.

Really you don't see her getting her shot off while being face guarded, first she was face guarded in college, and what she did was get open off of screens and by conitinually moving, thats usually what players do when being face guarded. Not sure what point you are making please enlighten me as to who is getting their shot off while being face guarded without getting open to catch a ball?

I don't see how you could know if Samuelson has "just as much accuracy" from some distance behind the line as at the line. They aren't keeping distance-behind-the-line stats. It think it highly unlikely that she could, both because of the extra distance, and because there is no line to let her know she is in an exact distance away.

Part of what I see as similarity between the Samuelson sisters could just be that they look alike. But to me they (as someone put it) " start their motion from fairly low", particularly for tall players.

When I talk about getting a shot off while being "face guarded" (actually "closely guarded - I don't think anyone could get a shot off while "face guarded" unless they fade away to get some space) I am referring to players like Taurasi - tall for their position, long arms and bring the ball over their head and start their shot up over their head, not down by the waist.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/18/17 5:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Shes back nw lol somebodys watching reb 😃

just sucks for a player like Ruef to get cut in favor of her. I know it was a cap thing between Diarra & Warley-Talbert, but Ruef should be on this roster now, not Diarra who wasn't even in training camp.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/18/17 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could it be that Diaara was really the secret identity of Temporary Cap Hold? Or vice versa?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/18/17 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Could it be that Diaara was really the secret identity of Temporary Cap Hold? Or vice versa?

Or possibly she was the real Ms. Grievance ? Laughing

PostPosted: 05/18/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alana Beard was the most dominant player of the WNBA's opening weekend

http://www.wnbago.com/2017/05/alana-beard-was-most-dominant-player-of.html

Quote:
Alana Beard is the most destructive defensive player in the WNBA, and is pound-for-pound, the best defensive player in basketball.

PostPosted: 05/18/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
Alana Beard is the most destructive defensive player in the WNBA, and is pound-for-pound, the best defensive player in basketball.

Alana was also front runner for Final MOP until CP3 dominated the final - and deciding - game of the series. And, other than one game winning shot, it was Alana's defense that gave her the edge over all other Sparks. Whether her shot is falling or not, she affected every game of the series with her defense.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 05/18/17 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

i absolutely love! Alana's commitment to becoming the offensive player's worst nightmare every single game. Mademoiselle Defensive Intensity personified!!! Candace may be the offensive Queen, but there's no denying who the defensive Monarch is ever since she climbed aboard the U.S.S. Sparks. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: