RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery made the cut. That's amazing to me but very cool!

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I thought she had a very strong case right from the start. Big, natural post defender and shot blocker. Just what that team needs. Maybe it says something about her competition in camp but I thought she was a steal in the 3rd round.

merlina

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I thought she had a very strong case right from the start. Big, natural post defender and shot blocker. Just what that team needs. Maybe it says something about her competition in camp but I thought she was a steal in the 3rd round.

I was impressed with her in the preseason game.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O'Hea cut!! Didn't​ see that coming. Peterson, Montgomery & Whitcomb Al make the roster (for now). Maybe they bring in Phillips & cut Peterson?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aussies taking a hit lately. Was O'Hea hurt? She was always one of zune's big trading pieces. Now somebody can get her for free... if she's not injured.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not hugely surprised. O'Neill always looked like the easy cut, leaving one real decision, and the place where they probably had too many was on the wing (especially given Bird and maybe Quinn entering the season banged up). KML still has the draft capital in her favour, and O'Hea really hasn't done much the last couple of years (while often being banged up herself). From Seattle's perspective, you hope this means that Mosqueda-Lewis has shown up looking like she really is in newly-impressive shape.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Not hugely surprised. O'Neill always looked like the easy cut, leaving one real decision, and the place where they probably had too many was on the wing (especially given Bird and maybe Quinn entering the season banged up). KML still has the draft capital in her favour, and O'Hea really hasn't done much the last couple of years (while often being banged up herself). From Seattle's perspective, you hope this means that Mosqueda-Lewis has shown up looking like she really is in newly-impressive shape.

yeah, my first thought was who is backing up Clark. They must believe KML is in shape to do so...or maybe try to go big with Tokashiki?

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm guessing it's based on positive feelings about KML - who also has youth on her side, as well as being cheaper, as well as not having the baggage/uncertainty that comes with potential international commitments, so she wins a lot of tie breakers if it's a remotely close call.

Someone should grab Jenna though.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Aussies taking a hit lately. Was O'Hea hurt? She was always one of zune's big trading pieces. Now somebody can get her for free... if she's not injured.

O'Hea to LA....

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

yeah, my first thought was who is backing up Clark. They must believe KML is in shape to do so...or maybe try to go big with Tokashiki?

I doubt Tokashiki plays much 3, but Quinn's got the size to guard that spot if necessary, even if she's backing up the 1 on offense.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

O'Hea to LA....

+1

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Phillips, hope she lands at the Storm, I would take her over Peterson. Going to the game Sat to see how they look.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/11/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O77sUYql0Rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/12/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Yeah, I'm guessing it's based on positive feelings about KML - who also has youth on her side, as well as being cheaper, as well as not having the baggage/uncertainty that comes with potential international commitments, so she wins a lot of tie breakers if it's a remotely close call.

Someone should grab Jenna though.

Still a shock that Boucek goes with KML as the only backup to Clark. Has she improved her defense? Because if she is going to give more points away then she is giving us on offense then it's not really worth it tbh.
I like O'Hea so im kinda sad about this news. Hopefully Jenna gets a new chance with Brondello and the Opals because she was screwed in the past by their last coach.

Is Stewart more hurt then they are letting us know resulting in them keeping Montgomery on the roster? Because they dont need her with a post rotation of Stewart, Langhorne, Swords and Tokashiki..

I still want the Storm to pick up Erin though.. Come on Boucek i need my aussie fix and no Sami doesnt count

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 05/12/17 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EihWT7XB5fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Is Stewart more hurt then they are letting us know resulting in them keeping Montgomery on the roster? Because they dont need her with a post rotation of Stewart, Langhorne, Swords and Tokashiki.

On a 12-player roster, 5 posts just makes sense in terms of cover for foul trouble and injuries. I wouldn't take that to mean anything. The roster just looks a tiny bit unbalanced because they've kept both the young inexperienced backup point guard and the veteran cover. So Quinn might have to offer her regular brand of fairless aimless and empty minutes both at the point and on the wing.

PostPosted: 05/12/17 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unlike Los Angeles, Seattle will have at least 9 players available for tomorrow. Bird, Stewart & Quinn are questionable. If Bird is out, does Peterson automatically start, or does Loyd slide over to PG?

PG: Loyd/Peterson
SG: Whitcomb
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Langhorne/Tokashiki
C: Swords/Montgomery

Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/17 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Light minutes from Bird is better than nothing. She's practicing and just sounds like maybe she's not in game shape yet. I'm trying to find something that says Stewart isn't ready but I can't.

From an article today...
Quote:
“Both physically and mentally, I’m feeling great right now."

When you have a chance to beat the Sparks who are vulnerable right now, you gotta take it. Winning the season series could be very important for the Storm.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 05/12/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm’s Breanna Stewart and Jewell Loyd form a dynamic duo similar to Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson

Atop the Space Needle: https://static.seattletimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/62dd064a-3538-11e7-9ae2-514bd2b54438-780x520.jpg

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/storms-breanna-stewart-and-jewell-loyd-for-a-dynamic-duo-similar-to-sue-bird-and-lauren-jackson/

Randy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Storm’s Breanna Stewart and Jewell Loyd form a dynamic duo similar to Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson

Atop the Space Needle: https://static.seattletimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/62dd064a-3538-11e7-9ae2-514bd2b54438-780x520.jpg

PLEASE DON"T LOOK DOWN.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/12/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/storms-breanna-stewart-and-jewell-loyd-for-a-dynamic-duo-similar-to-sue-bird-and-lauren-jackson/

This was great , i felt like i was there with them Laughing

PostPosted: 05/14/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Make this down Storm crazies, Loyd is currently the league leader in points & Quinn is leading the league in blocks.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/16/17 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zZO0DMfvXDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/16/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

PLEASE DON"T LOOK DOWN.

Quote:
You've reached your limit of free articles.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/16/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My method for defeating the "limit of free articles" nonsense. Get Nimbus screenshot app. (Others may work as well.) Once the page loads take a screenshot and save the picture. Usually I can get the page before the put the cover over it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 10 of 19

Jump to: