RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gloria Steinem Comes for Ivanka Trump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:16 pm    ::: Gloria Steinem Comes for Ivanka Trump Reply Reply with quote

Ivanka Trump has gotten a lot of criticism for trying to co-opt feminism.

“She hasn't co-opted feminism. Nobody on earth thinks she's a feminist, are you kidding me?”

She does try to market herself as one.

“No, she doesn't.”

So how would you define a feminist?

“Somebody who believes in the full equality of the sexes. I have not seen her standing up and saying women should have a right to control their own bodies and decide when and whether to have children, no. I saw her being interviewed by Cosmopolitan, and she was asked about her maternity leave policy, but it's only if you physically give birth. It's not for adoptive parents, not for fathers.

“That happens to be the same policy as every authoritarian regime on Earth that I know of, including Hitler's Germany. I'm not saying that she knows this, but [the Nazis] were paying women to have children. By accident, perhaps, that's her policy. So it's perfectly natural for the [Cosmopolitan interviewer] to say 'What about fathers, what about adoptive parents?' And when she asked that question, Ivanka stopped the interview."

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/05/153643/gloria-steinem-exclusive-interview-create-cultivate-conference

Wig snatched!

PostPosted: 05/11/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At her age, I'm glad she can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: