RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JackOat84 wrote:
Lynx waive forwards Chantel Osahor and Breanna Richardson and guard Moriah Mack. Training camp roster stands at 12.

https://twitter.com/Lynx_PR/status/861981928630755328

this sucks , i hope someone gives Osahor a chance. I will say she did look a bit smaller compared to the W players vs college but she works hard on the court with her time given . Maybe she needs a year overseas to develop.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
What, they didn't want a center who can't move her feet, can't practice, has bad knees and is in astoundingly bad basketball shape? Well gee.

You're kidding! And they didn't manage to get anyone to take a pay cut even though that's completely impossible under the rules of the League? Shocking.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No surprise with the cuts. Seemingly it comes down to Ting vs. Fagbenle. Tho potentially moving Montgomery to keep all three of the rookies. I doubt that happens, but who knows.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
No surprise with the cuts. Seemingly it comes down to Ting vs. Fagbenle. Tho potentially moving Montgomery to keep all three of the rookies. I doubt that happens, but who knows.

If Jones is playable, what purpose does Montgomery serve?

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

If Jones is playable, what purpose does Montgomery serve?

I think the problem is that they've had younger guards in the past that they thought were playable, then Reeve doesn't use them or develop them (and/or they just turn out not to be good enough). Then they have to make moves for someone like Montgomery, or wear the vets they do have into the ground. So they'll probably be reluctant to let Montgomery go, on the basis that Jones will be in Reeve's doghouse inside a fortnight, and they'll need someone else to play.

But yeah, I'd move/cut Montgomery, keep all three current rookies, while opening up some space to actually be able to use that 12th spot.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
What, they didn't want a center who can't move her feet, can't practice, has bad knees and is in astoundingly bad basketball shape? Well gee.

You're kidding! And they didn't manage to get anyone to take a pay cut even though that's completely impossible under the rules of the League? Shocking.

The only think that surprises me about Osahor getting cut is that anyone is surprised about Osahor getting cut.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

The only think that surprises me about Osahor getting cut is that anyone is surprised about Osahor getting cut.

I loved the big girl in college, but it was a really, really big stretch to think it could translate to the W. Feel bad for anybody getting the cuts this late in training camp though.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://thehuskyhaul.com/2017/05/09/washington-huskies-wr-john-ross-iii-officially-cincinnati-bengal/

Quote:
One Game and POOF!
So the question is why?

Osahor is a rookie, but just came off a great performance against the Atlanta Dream, where she pulled in a six rebounds and handed out five assists in just 18 minutes. She attempted just one shot in the game which did not sink.

But she placed sixth in the WNBA for rebounds, and tied at first in the league with Kelsey Plum for assists with five. That seems premature to waiving a just arrived rookie. In both statistics, Osahor was the preseason team leader.

WNBA or WTH?

I will readily admit that I have no historic reference with the WNBA. But after this move, I doubt that I will have much patience to follow the sport. The WNBA preseason is two games, and the team rosters are just 12 players.

So I get it. Roster spots are very valuable on a WNBA Team.

But an 18 minute performance from a rookie where the player leads the team in key statistics of rebounds and assists yields walking papers seems a tad… amateurish. To complicate the matter, the WNBA has no development league to pick up WNBA cast-offs.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Chip

PostPosted: 05/09/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

I loved the big girl in college, but it was a really, really big stretch to think it could translate to the W. Feel bad for anybody getting the cuts this late in training camp though.

CO-SIGN

Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ting at Tip-A-Lynx event

toad455

PostPosted: 05/09/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last spot between Ting & Jones basically. With Pierson likely out for a few games, no way Fagnenle gets cut.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're probably just giving Ting one more fan event experience before she goes, but who knows? Anybody who starts Richardson out of the blue is pretty unpredictable.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/17 3:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx teammates Renee Montgomery, Jia Perkins put in the fun and the work

http://www.startribune.com/lynx-teammates-renee-montgomery-jia-perkins-put-in-the-fun-and-the-work/421818913/

Quote:
“I need more efficiency,” Reeve said. “I need a field-goal percentage number greater than it was last year, absolutely, from the backcourt.”

Quote:
For Montgomery, the most important thing is ball protection and getting the team into sets that produce good shots. From Perkins, Reeve primarily wants better shooting.

Quote:
“We’re happy with how they’ve played,” Reeve said. “We’re encouraged. They’ve put the time in.”

Quote:
one more cut likely is coming, perhaps as early as Thursday.

Rookie guard Alexis Jones — the team’s first-round draft pick — and forwards Temi Fagbenle and Shao Ting are likely competing for the final two roster spots. All three have impressed during camp.

Quote:
Injury updates

• Maya Moore, held out of Monday’s game because of a groin injury, is fine. She should practice Thursday and play in the opener against the Chicago Sky on Sunday. “Way, way precautionary,” Reeve said of Moore not playing. “We want everyone to be ready for the opener.”

• Forward Plenette Pierson, who missed both preseason games after entering concussion protocol after taking an elbow to the temple during practice last week, is expected to return to practice Thursday.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota Lynx 2017 Television Schedule:
May
Sun. 14 Chicago 6:00 p.m. ^
Thurs. 18 at New York 6:00 p.m. ^^
Sat. 20 at Dallas 7:00 p.m. *
Tues. 23 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. ^^
Sun. 28 San Antonio 6:00 p.m. ^

June
Sun. 11 at Dallas 3:30 p.m. +*
Sat. 17 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. +
Fri. 23 Washington 7:00 p.m. ^^
Sun. 25 San Antonio 6:00 p.m. ^
Fri. 30 at Phoenix 9:00 p.m. +*

July
Thurs. 6 Los Angeles 7:00 p.m. ^^
Sun. 16 Phoenix 6:00 p.m. ^
Wed. 19 Dallas 12:00 p.m. **
Tues. 25 New York 7:00 p.m. ^^
Fri. 28 at Atlanta 6:30 p.m. *
Sun. 30 Seattle 6:00 p.m. +

August
Thurs. 3 Atlanta 7:00 p.m. ^^
Tues. 8 at Atlanta 6:00 p.m. +*
Fri. 11 Los Angeles 7:00 p.m. +
Fri. 18 Indiana 7:00 p.m. +
Tues. 22 Phoenix 7:00 p.m. +
Sun. 27 at Los Angeles 6:00 p.m. ^^

September
Fri. 1 Chicago 7:00 p.m. +
Sun. 3 Washington 3:00 p.m. ^

All Times Central
^FOX Sports North
+ FOX Sports North Plus
*FOX Sports Simulcast
**Available exclusively via FOX Sports GO
^^Nationally telecast on ESPN2

Fans can also listen to every Lynx home game on the team’s flagship station 106.1 BOB FM

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/11/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/BloodStrib/status/862734961115361281

"Reeve said today Lynx want to -- and might be able to-- go with 12-player roster."

"That would mean Temi Fagbenle, Alexis Jones and Shao Ting would all make the team, and that the Lynx wouldn't need to make another move."

Shocked

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/11/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

"Reeve said today Lynx want to -- and might be able to-- go with 12-player roster."

"That would mean Temi Fagbenle, Alexis Jones and Shao Ting would all make the team, and that the Lynx wouldn't need to make another move."

Shocked

The first part's true. I think he's extrapolated to the 'wouldn't need to make another move' part, which isn't.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Shocked

The first part's true. I think he's extrapolated to the 'wouldn't need to make another move' part, which isn't.

If they do want to keep the 3 rookies, who do the Lynx trade?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creative accounting or were they wrong all along about needing to go with 11?

zune69

PostPosted: 05/11/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of gamesmanship going on right now.I'm pretty sure minny.NY,and LA are feverishly trying to trade the last roster cuts for a future 1st or 2nd rd pick.While Dallas,Phoenix,washington and the rest of the talently challenged are patiently waiting to eat the leftovers.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We always think there will be lots of pickups from those waived late, but somehow it rarely happens. It has to be a significantly better player than anybody on your own roster...and it rarely is. A player who is waived is waived for a reason. And then introducing them to a whole different system after the season has started is pretty challenging for most.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 05/11/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
We always think there will be lots of pickups from those waived late, but somehow it rarely happens. It has to be a significantly better player than anybody on your own roster...and it rarely is. A player who is waived is waived for a reason. And then introducing them to a whole different system after the season has started is pretty challenging for most.

Fagbenie,Ting,Jones,and Samuelson have all performed at a very good/great level during the preseason.If anyone of these players get waive,a team will claim them within 24 hours.Learning a new system is a non-issue.It's not as if these players are starters,or joining a team mid-way through the season.Training camp just started two weeks ago.Infact,some players havn't even reported yet.It would only take them 1-2 weeks to get up to speed.

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOj1IXgh-Pk

Lynx season preview

toad455

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a bonus if they can keep both Ting & Jones. This team isn't exactly young. They already have Pierson injured.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
adamj95

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
What a bonus if they can keep both Ting & Jones. This team isn't exactly young. They already have Pierson injured.

I agree. Keeping both Ting and Jones would be great for the future of the Lynx.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: