Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Well Prince in Phoenix is still in the mix as well for a third rounder to make a roster.

That's who I voted for! (3rd rounder making the roster)

same , i felt she was the most obvious choice and the situation she landed in was perfect.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Well Prince in Phoenix is still in the mix as well for a third rounder to make a roster.

But I didn't say ANY 3rd rounder. Prince played a substantial role for four years and started for three. She wasn't filler. She also played on the USAB U18 team. Had she not had such an injury-plagued career, she might have been much higher.

Similar for Epps, who played four years and started three, was three-time All SEC first team, and on the watch lists for every national POY award. Most people expected her to be higher.

I was pretty specific about this player. Her college resume is pretty skimpy and would not earn a second glance from fans were it not for the name on the front of her uniform.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/09/17 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Wings waive Tiffany Bias and Jordan Hooper

Bad move.

Not the bias part. She was a mess saturday night tbh. Cant judge chong bcuz she was not there but her pedigree speaks louder.

Can't judge Bias by one game either. What pedigree does Chong have?

Judging bias off a half a season and a few pre season games. Our team pooked abissmal with biased running the point last game . albeit 5 assists she had 3 turnovers in which should have been about 9 with the loose balls and weird passes she through. She didnt do herself any favors is all im saying. And the pedigree of Sue bird , moriah Jefferson , renee montgomery to name a few and im not even a uconn fan Rolling Eyes

Not quite sure what you mean.

He means that she is from UConn. They have a pretty good track record of developing players and getting them ready for the WNBA. And I'm not a UConn fan either. Are you intentionally being obtuse? If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about.

So you're saying that just because she's from UConn it means she's going to be a good WNBA player? Why isn't Tierney Lawlor on a team?

That's not even close to what I wrote. I simply stated what WNBA 09 was clearly implying that you seemed to be intentionally not understanding. I even added "If you disagree with his assessment, then state it, but don't act like you have no idea what he's talking about." I never said spoke to the point of whether or not Chong's UConn pedigree made her a better option for the backup PG slot. Having seen neither preseason game (nor the Wings' practices), I am ill-informed to make that assessment.

I wasn't intentionally not understanding and I do disagree with his point. I thought that was pretty clear.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/09/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wowww. Why y'all so fucking harsh? How quickly it goes from a forum of information sharing to a major pissing contest. The initial post on this thread, a thread meant for those in search of all news regarding the Wings, began with firsthand observation of Chong and Bias at camp for over 2 hours. Information was shared of candid observations to allow WNBA enthusiasts a glimpse of the sport they love. Chong, if she makes the team began earning her way on the team from the opening shooting drill. I am not a uconn fan at all, although I promised my cousin I would start to support them after she came to dallas to watch and I vehemently cheered against them in the semis. However, the speculation was that the expectations and competition are a bit higher at Uconn and that may have lead to her ability to step in and perform. But the observation remains, she stepped in and outperformed Bias. So much so that she was confident enough to skip the preseason tilt to go to graduation.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Wowww. Why y'all so fucking harsh? How quickly it goes from a forum of information sharing to a major pissing contest. The initial post on this thread, a thread meant for those in search of all news regarding the Wings, began with firsthand observation of Chong and Bias at camp for over 2 hours. Information was shared of candid observations to allow WNBA enthusiasts a glimpse of the sport they love. Chong, if she makes the team began earning her way on the team from the opening shooting drill. I am not a uconn fan at all, although I promised my cousin I would start to support them after she came to dallas to watch and I vehemently cheered against them in the semis. However, the speculation was that the expectations and competition are a bit higher at Uconn and that may have lead to her ability to step in and perform. But the observation remains, she stepped in and outperformed Bias. So much so that she was confident enough to skip the preseason tilt to go to graduation.

It wasn't a matter of being confident. I have no doubt Chong wouldn't have gone to graduation if she hadn't already been told her spot was secure.

shontay33

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

But I didn't say ANY 3rd rounder. Prince played a substantial role for four years and started for three. She wasn't filler. She also played on the USAB U18 team. Had she not had such an injury-plagued career, she might have been much higher.

Similar for Epps, who played four years and started three, was three-time All SEC first team, and on the watch lists for every national POY award. Most people expected her to be higher.

I was pretty specific about this player. Her college resume is pretty skimpy and would not earn a second glance from fans were it not for the name on the front of her uniform.

Just because a player is not first team all this and that doesn't mean they are not worth playing in the WNBA. Maybe she did exactly what it took to become a pro basketball player because the coaches prepared her for that. Also, there have been other UCONN players that have been drafted and cut from the WNBA. Keep in mind that coaches look and hear about players when they are in high school. They also go to practices as well so they do their homework.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 05/10/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If chong does stick, only 3 wnba teams wont have a player that went to Uconn.
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phillips waived

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Phillips waived

Goodbye Cambage Laughing

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the Wings continue to be a disaster. Just wow. Get her Sun!

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Phillips waived

Plot twist!!

Lol did anyone see this coming.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find it amusing when people get all defensive as a result of seeing what they wanted to see rather than paying attention to what someone actually wrote and intended.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:

Plot twist!!
Lol did anyone see this coming.

No way. Not only doesn't make sense in the hope of luring Cambage over, it creates an imbalance in the roster. I'm thinking there might be more moves coming?

Diggins/Chong
Gray/Davis
Christmas/[Powers]
Johnson/Shaqhator/Thornton
Paris/Lewis/Plaisance

See an imbalance there? One too many posts and down one guard.

I kinda wonder if this was like the Prahalis situation where the coach wanted to start one of the rookies ahead of Phillips and she wasn't having it. That would kinda make sense of things.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Phillips waived

Goodbye Cambage Laughing

Phillips getting cut over Thornton & Plaisance is very shocking!! I wonder if a team like Phoenix or Chicago will grab her. Was Phillips under contract?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UK1996

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hot Damn. Phillips getting waived, really removes any stability in the Wings backcourt. Fred must really be impressed with Gray. I wonder if a trade is about to happen.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going with my theory that the Philips cut was something unexpected for the Wings, they could bring back Bias for somebody that knows their system.... or maybe take a peek at Fitzgerald? Hodges and McCray are floating around.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Going with my theory that the Philips cut was something unexpected for the Wings, they could bring back Bias for somebody that knows their system.... or maybe take a peek at Fitzgerald? Hodges and McCray are floating around.

Phillips is better than all 4 of those mentioned. Something is odd here.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phillips probably got upset that she was part of a trade package.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2h2 hours ago

@DallasWings coach Fred Williams on ex #UConn guard Saniya Chong: "She understands winning, she understands her role as a point guard."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2h2 hours ago

More from Fred Williams on #UConn grad Saniya Chong: "I look to utilize her a great deal this season & rely on her great basketball IQ."

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Why exactly would that lead to them letting her walk for nothing and go wherever the hell she wants?

PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why exactly would that lead to them letting her walk for nothing and go wherever the hell she wants?

Phillips doesn't have much trade value imo.Erin's had a short shelf life with the last 3 teams she's played for,plus she has a max contract.It's possible Phillips got waived at her own request,"Start me,or trade/waive me.The last thing this young dallas team needs in the locker room is a disgruntled player.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/10/17 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's possible they decided a max contract is too much for a player who has never been able to hold a starting job in nine WNBA seasons.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
It's possible they decided a max contract is too much for a player who has never been able to hold a starting job in nine WNBA seasons.

Possible when you put it that way, but in Dallas's case they wouldn't be anywhere near the cap would they?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 21 of 36

Jump to: