RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

MVP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:57 am    ::: MVP Reply Reply with quote

Can Sparks' Nneka Ogwumike repeat as WNBA MVP?

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/19312769/los-angeles-sparks-nneka-ogwumike-leads-preseason-list-wnba-mvp-contenders

Quote:
Fans called her "Coooooop," and she's still a benchmark player. Only Houston's Cynthia Cooper has won back-to-back WNBA MVP honors; she did it in the league's first two seasons, 1997 and 1998.

Los Angeles forward Nneka Ogwumike will be the latest to try to repeat.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2016 will be the year that politics played both the country and the WNBA. Charles or Moore should've been MVP.. Evil or Very Mad feel free to disagree, but that's the too-hot-to-handle truth

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or it's your opinion, which is also fine and valid Smile

I think she obviously can repeat. Having a new PG may take a little getting used to for the Sparks but I think they know with Nneka and Parker down low, it's tough to full deny both of them. It will be interesting to see if she is able to get open and produce as much as last year. Or if teams are able to keep her off the offensive glass.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Stewart moves closer to being MVP this season? Maybe Parker instead of Nneka? Maybe Diggins in Dallas & surprises us all?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jap

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Chelsea breaks out this season. Perhaps Riquna goes on a disciplined tear and becomes a scoring machine. Or Odyssey evolves into an unstoppable juggarnaut. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will be really surprised if the Sparks are able to repeat and therefor I predict there will be a new MVP.

jap

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I will be really surprised if the Sparks are able to repeat and therefor I predict there will be a new MVP.

The MVP doesn't have to come from the 2017 champion.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Maybe Chelsea breaks out this season. Perhaps Riquna goes on a disciplined tear and becomes a scoring machine. Or Odyssey evolves into an unstoppable juggarnaut. Twisted Evil

Guards as MVP are about as rare as back-to-back MVPs.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any love for Tina this year ? If she duplicates or even exceeds her #'s last year theres no way she doesnt win MVP . Nneka had that great stretch of like 5000 % FG and hit like 88 shots in a row within a span of a few games which i believe locked up her regular season MVP award.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka was the only choice for MVP. She won it because she was the best player in the league last year. No one was close. To give it to anyone else or to even suggest anyone else is ludicrous. But everyone is entitled to their opinions. Will she repeat? Doubt it. Hard to do. Just like winning back to back championships is hard to do.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
2016 will be the year that politics played both the country and the WNBA

Replace the WNBA with Team USA and it's perfect.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
2016 will be the year that politics played both the country and the WNBA. Charles or Moore should've been MVP.. Evil or Very Mad feel free to disagree, but that's the too-hot-to-handle truth

You are completely and totally wrong.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Winning an MVP trophy is okay but the real trophy that everyone wants is the championship trophy.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Race to MVP: Delle Donne Leads Preseason Rankings

http://www.wnba.com/news/race-mvp-delle-donne-leads-preseason-rankings/

PostPosted: 05/10/17 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:

Resulting in Nneka getting even less shots then last season. Trigger happy guards and losing Toliver as your best 3pointshooter to space it up for her will have a negative result on Nneka's play

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Nneka was the only choice for MVP. She won it because she was the best player in the league last year. No one was close. To give it to anyone else or to even suggest anyone else is ludicrous. But everyone is entitled to their opinions. Will she repeat? Doubt it. Hard to do. Just like winning back to back championships is hard to do.

I am choosing to reply to this post instead of the one that posts personal opinion as truth.

I believe Nneka was the only correct choice for MVP last season. Tina was a very strong contender, so I do not agree that 'it wasn't even close." The two of them did stand above everyone else last season It was Nneka's almost record setting FG% that set her apart.

I also suggest that CP3 should have been given "best supporting player to the MVP" award. She figured out how to use all her talents and skills to make her team a winner and she did it all, including getting out of Nneka's way in the paint. I thought it fitting that she had an outstanding final game and was awarded MOP of the Finals. She earned it in that game and all season.

This is my opinion, or what is true for me. Everyone is free to post their own.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: