RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I thought Fitzgerald was better than most of the pg's(combo pg's) selected in the first two rds.......Congratulation Feyonda.

Swish Appeal put out the rumor that Fitzgerald is the one cut. Copper might have jumped the gun and assumed she made it because the roster was at 12.
Cruel world if true!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Pohlen-Mavunga will stick, always good to watch some of our vet alums.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I thought Fitzgerald was better than most of the pg's(combo pg's) selected in the first two rds.......Congratulation Feyonda.

Swish Appeal put out the rumor that Fitzgerald is the one cut. Copper might have jumped the gun and assumed she made it because the roster was at 12.
Cruel world if true!

Yeah,that would be ....However,Feyona did respond to Copper with a"'thanks Kah"

Hopefully the conflicting reports about the roster cuts are cleared up before the season begins.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we saying that Swish Appeal's sources might be wrong again? I'm shockers Surprised

pilight

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://fever.wnba.com/news/fever-waive-point-guard-feyonda-fitzgerald/

Quote:
The Indiana Fever have waived rookie point guard Feyonda Fitzgerald, a second-round pick in this year’s WNBA Draft, from Temple University.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
The Indiana Fever have waived rookie point guard Feyonda Fitzgerald, a second-round pick in this year’s WNBA Draft, from Temple University.

So she basically got cut in favor of Gwathmey? That sucks!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Are we saying that Swish Appeal's sources might be wrong again? I'm shocked Surprised

Looks like they are right. So proud of them! Crying or Very sad

zune69

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Opportunity for another team.....seattle ?....Chicago ?.....Washington ?....Atlanta ...?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Opportunity for another team.....seattle ?....Chicago ?.....Washington ?....Atlanta ...?

It's kinda late in the process to be making any changes. That was dog of Pokey. I thought she loved her PG's. Oh course, maybe the GM thought it would be a good idea.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Now if Fred & Bibb pick up Feyonda off waivers Chong could be in trouble. Feyonda played great in that pre=season game last saturday.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Now if Fred & Bibb pick up Feyonda off waivers Chong could be in trouble. Feyonda played great in that preseason game last saturday.

I would rate Chong higher. Fitzgerald is a rookie just like Chong so why would Dallas assume Fitz is better than what they've already seen in Chong?

Your ideas lately seem to involve breaking up the Fab Five. What have you got against the Fab Five? Let's keep them together at least until next year when Cambage and a 2018 first rounder joins the team.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Now if Fred & Bibb pick up Feyonda off waivers Chong could be in trouble. Feyonda played great in that preseason game last saturday.

I would rate Chong higher. Fitzgerald is a rookie just like Chong so why would Dallas assume Fitz is better than what they've already seen in Chong?

Your ideas lately seem to involve breaking up the Fab Five. What have you got against the Fab Five? Let's keep them together at least until next year when Cambage and a 2018 first rounder joins the team.

My ideas are based off who can make this team better. The FAB 5 thing is cute and fun and history breaking and all but they all wont make this team better . I would not rate chong higher , not discrediting her neither but Fitzgerald stood out to me saturday night . And if not chong then Air Ball free throws evelyn should be next . I want a Win Now team sorry im not content with just being an average team

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Now that i recollect out of the 5 only 2 will make an impact this season . So yeah maybe your right im not all that excited about 5 new players coming to a struggling team per history . Cann the Fab 5 and focus on the Future 2

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/10/17 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Chicago will not pick her up. That would make too much sense and have Chicago winning more games. Chicago wants to sit at the Wilson roulette table.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One issue, especially with a rookie, is coming into a new team just before the season starts and trying to pick up the system. The player who has been there has a significant advantage and can help the team more in her limited minutes because she'll know where she's supposed to be on the floor.

And I can tell you from a coaching standpoint that one of the most overlooked and underappreciated aspects of any player's game is knowing where to be on the court and getting there at the right time.

So from that perspective, Fitzgerald would have to be considerably better than Chong for the move to make sense -- and I don't see that being the case.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever must like how Wheeler is progressing, with not as many responsibilities as last year.

Any interest in Hamson? Indy was last in the league in blocked shots, but that's her forte. Teammates usually love an unselfish offensive player, who makes them look good on D too.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/10/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:

Any interest in Hamson?

NO.

animals31089

PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i was thinking Maggie Lucas would have made team

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:

Yea this was weird too but is she hurt i believe? Idk she didnt play saturday so not sure. Maybe Cooper finds her like he should have with hooper?

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
animals31089 wrote:

Yea this was weird too but is she hurt i believe? Idk she didnt play saturday so not sure. Maybe Cooper finds her like he should have with hooper?

Lucas is out for the year- ACL, if I recall correctly.

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
animals31089 wrote:

so....why would they have to waive her?

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
animals31089 wrote:

so....why would they have to waive her?

She was signed with the Fever. Was the question why not suspend her instead?
I think the injury was under the Fever watch, so I'm thinking they bought her out and then waived her, but I didn't read any press releases. The Fever probably decided they weren't interested in Lucas as a RFA next year.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/12/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch spoke at an FCA meeting.

http://wane.com/2017/05/12/cousins-and-catchings-welcomed-in-fort-wayne-at-fca-night-of-hope/

I couldn't get the videos to run, but one is an interview and the other is her speaking to the crowd.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/13/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe the waived an injured Pohlen last year and now she is back. Might do the same with Lucas.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/15/17 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Article about Dupree and Pokey.

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-shes-not-the-new-tamika-but-shes-candice-dupree-and-thats-more-than-good-enough

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: