RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/06/17 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was Lavender an all-star the year Parker wasn't on the team?

Boyette for Lavender

Maybe Boyette's rookie contract would allow LA to keep 12 and Lavender can really play the 4 or the 5 so might pair better with Dolson? A starting Lavender might be able to get you 15 and 9 a night. I'm not sure I would want to give up Boyette if I was CHicago but maybe the coach wants more offense.

Coates and Breland for Glory Johnson

Maybe Dallas was interested in Coates and that was one of the reason Chicago took her at #2 before Dallas could grab her and Breland is ready to start and maybe Dallas is just ready to move on from Glory. Glory starting alogside Boyette with Dolson off the bench isn't a bad post rotation, and GloJo might be ready to star in a new setting. Dallas could end up in the lottery again this season (which might not be the worst thing) and complete their collection of NCAA championship winning SC grads with Aja Wilson, and be pretty strong come 18.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/06/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Was Lavender an all-star the year Parker wasn't on the team?

Boyette for Lavender

Maybe Boyette's rookie contract would allow LA to keep 12 and Lavender can really play the 4 or the 5 so might pair better with Dolson? A starting Lavender might be able to get you 15 and 9 a night. I'm not sure I would want to give up Boyette if I was CHicago but maybe the coach wants more offense.

Coates and Breland for Glory Johnson

Maybe Dallas was interested in Coates and that was one of the reason Chicago took her at #2 before Dallas could grab her and Breland is ready to start and maybe Dallas is just ready to move on from Glory. Glory starting alogside Boyette with Dolson off the bench isn't a bad post rotation, and GloJo might be ready to star in a new setting. Dallas could end up in the lottery again this season (which might not be the worst thing) and complete their collection of NCAA championship winning SC grads with Aja Wilson, and be pretty strong come 18.

Boyette & 2018 1st Rounder Or Sloot For Lavender Maybe ,

Coates & 2018 1st Rounder For GloJo !

PostPosted: 05/06/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You non-Sky fans just love giveaways when making trades with the Sky. Laughing Hey I will trade you a rock for ten gold coins! Laughing

Last edited by Rock Hard on 05/06/17 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/06/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
You non-Sky fans just love giveaways when making trades with the Sky. Laughing Hey I will trade you a rock for ten gold goins! Laughing

How do you think the wings feel? We get more lopsided.trades than anyone Not counting the leftovers from waivers Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/06/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
You non-Sky fans just love giveaways when making trades with the Sky. Laughing Hey I will trade you a rock for ten gold goins! Laughing

PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trade might have fallen through :/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/06/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Trade might have fallen through :/

Can i at least know who was involved? Tell me sloot please please pleaseeee

PostPosted: 05/07/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber Stocks is quickly finding her way to my shit list. Screws up a draft day trade allegedly to get Plum and now has a thrombus of centers and allegedly holds out on a trade that can make both of my favorite teams better. One of these chronic bottom dwellers who are always a bridesmaid better end up with the overall number 1 and Wilson next year or I'll be torqued.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/17 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious what was offered for Plum? Copper & Coates? Young & Coates?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/07/17 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing about Plum is that she's along the line of Diggins in terms of being a star promoter. Very outgoing and friendly, and the cuteness helps too. So it's not just her playing ability but includes the ability to bring in fans just because she is who she is. She's already become a fan fav in San Antonio. It's hard to put a price tag on that.

- Amanda Gorman
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The thing about Plum is that she's along the line of Diggins in terms of being a star promoter. Very outgoing and friendly, and the cuteness helps too. So it's not just her playing ability but includes the ability to bring in fans just because she is who she is. She's already become a fan fav in San Antonio. It's hard to put a price tag on that.

+1

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Amber, I'm anxious to see who she waives. Don't know her well enough to know where she's coming from, but basically, she's shown signs of being a wildcard and therefore, she could surprise us. I hope she doesn't.

With the first rights on a waived player, SAS could get lucky.

Last edited by RavenDog on 05/09/17 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
With Amber, I'm anxious to see who she waives. Don't know her well enough to know where she's coming from, but basically, she's shown signs of being a wildcard and therefore, she could surprise us.

I was thinking this was about Amber Harris til you stated who she waives Laughing . Im anxious to see if Amber harris can finally show the potential she use to have upon entering this league. If she is still as lazy as a couch potato im blocking her on IG. Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
With Amber, I'm anxious to see who she waives. Don't know her well enough to know where she's coming from, but basically, she's shown signs of being a wildcard and therefore, she could surprise us.

I was thinking this was about Amber Harris til you stated who she waives Laughing . Im anxious to see if Amber harris can finally show the potential she use to have upon entering this league. If she is still as lazy as a couch potato im blocking her on IG. Embarassed Laughing

With butter, bacon bits and chives...

Hampton, Epps, Harris, Ndour, Cooper and Copper would be my guess for players in the waiver barrel. If she doesn't choose from this barrel, it could get interesting.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 WNBA Preview: Chicago Sky life after Elena Delle Donne

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/09/2017-wnba-preview-chicago-sky/

Quote:
The biggest question, quite literally, is at the five. The Sky stole Imani Boyette with the tenth pick in the 2016 draft, and she quickly translated her collegiate skills—rim protection, rebounding and efficient scoring—to the pro game.

Disclosure: Boyette works for/with Megdal, so Boyette analysis will tend to be on the glowing side.

Quote:
Dolson does some things Boyette doesn’t, with greater shooting range at this point in her career, and greater proficiency passing the ball. But neither one is anything other than a center, and the decision to play Boyette at the four is a curious one, since Boyette’s rim protection skills are unparalleled by virtually anyone else.

Virtually, except for Griner?

Quote:
The Sky then compounded this surplus by using the second overall pick on Alaina Coates, a classic five out of South Carolina. Coates will miss most of 2017, but the larger point is that they had few more important assets this winter than the lottery pick, also acquired for Delle Donne, and spent it on the position where they’d already double-booked.

Oops, but these things tend to work themselves out.

Quote:
There are knock-on effects of this depth, though. For now, Boyette at the four and Dolson at the five pushes Jessica Breland, one of the true underrated players in the WNBA, to either a backup role or an oversized three. The 6’3 Breland is—stop me if you’ve heard this—an elite rim protector and defensive rebounder.

Quote:
Breland will be therefore pushing Tamera Young, another rugged defensive contributor at the three or four for minutes at the remaining wing spot. This creates fewer opportunities for players like Kahleah Copper, an impressive young scoring wing who can defend and is probably best-suited at the three

Copper is so impressive that he had her pegged as a third round pick in the 2016 draft Surprised

Quote:
Courtney Vandersloot, of course, is the starting point guard when she is in a Sky uniform. But she is also a recently-naturalized Hungarian, and will be playing for Hungary this summer in the European championships. That opened the door for Jamierra Faulkner, whose stats on a tempo-free basis compared well to the league’s best point guards, but she is expected to miss the season with a torn ACL.

Quote:
That leaves Tori Jankoska, the team’s other first round pick in the 2017 draft, and Makayla Epps, the team’s third round pick. Jankoska could surprise—she did a bit of everything at Michigan State, with an off-the-charts basketball IQ and underrated defensive game. Epps, meanwhile, was more of a combo guard than true floor leader with Kentucky. But they’ll both have to do plenty on on-the-job training.

If CHI picked her at #9, she shouldn't surprise that much. The surprise was that she went that high in the first place.

Quote:
“This is a hard league to play in,” Stocks said. “And equipping ourselves with the right tools, we’re just trying to stay in contention.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
2017 WNBA Preview: Chicago Sky life after Elena Delle Donne

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/09/2017-wnba-preview-chicago-sky/

Quote:
The biggest question, quite literally, is at the five. The Sky stole Imani Boyette with the tenth pick in the 2016 draft, and she quickly translated her collegiate skills—rim protection, rebounding and efficient scoring—to the pro game.

Disclosure: Boyette works for/with Megdal, so Boyette analysis will tend to be on the glowing side.

Quote:
Dolson does some things Boyette doesn’t, with greater shooting range at this point in her career, and greater proficiency passing the ball. But neither one is anything other than a center, and the decision to play Boyette at the four is a curious one, since Boyette’s rim protection skills are unparalleled by virtually anyone else.

Virtually, except for Griner?

Quote:
The Sky then compounded this surplus by using the second overall pick on Alaina Coates, a classic five out of South Carolina. Coates will miss most of 2017, but the larger point is that they had few more important assets this winter than the lottery pick, also acquired for Delle Donne, and spent it on the position where they’d already double-booked.

Oops, but these things tend to work themselves out.

Quote:
There are knock-on effects of this depth, though. For now, Boyette at the four and Dolson at the five pushes Jessica Breland, one of the true underrated players in the WNBA, to either a backup role or an oversized three. The 6’3 Breland is—stop me if you’ve heard this—an elite rim protector and defensive rebounder.

Quote:
Breland will be therefore pushing Tamera Young, another rugged defensive contributor at the three or four for minutes at the remaining wing spot. This creates fewer opportunities for players like Kahleah Copper, an impressive young scoring wing who can defend and is probably best-suited at the three

Copper is so impressive that he had her pegged as a third round pick in the 2016 draft Surprised

Quote:
Courtney Vandersloot, of course, is the starting point guard when she is in a Sky uniform. But she is also a recently-naturalized Hungarian, and will be playing for Hungary this summer in the European championships. That opened the door for Jamierra Faulkner, whose stats on a tempo-free basis compared well to the league’s best point guards, but she is expected to miss the season with a torn ACL.

Quote:
That leaves Tori Jankoska, the team’s other first round pick in the 2017 draft, and Makayla Epps, the team’s third round pick. Jankoska could surprise—she did a bit of everything at Michigan State, with an off-the-charts basketball IQ and underrated defensive game. Epps, meanwhile, was more of a combo guard than true floor leader with Kentucky. But they’ll both have to do plenty on on-the-job training.

If CHI picked her at #9, she shouldn't surprise that much. The surprise was that she went that high in the first place.

Quote:
“This is a hard league to play in,” Stocks said. “And equipping ourselves with the right tools, we’re just trying to stay in contention.”

This entire article just made me rethink chicago from 8 all the way to 12. This team will be horrible , Since when has breland been a rim protector and elite rebounder ? Arrow Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/09/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky sure have a lot of elite defenders for a team that finished 11th in overall defense last season

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
The Sky sure have a lot of elite defenders for a team that finished 11th in overall defense last season

I think that is good news!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Sigur was being sarcastic Laughing

stever

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:22 am    ::: 2017 WNBA players to watch-Chicago Sky frontcourt Reply Reply with quote

https://www.fanragsports.com/womens/2017-wnba-players-watch-chicago-sky-frontcourt

Quote:
Here’s the primary issue: Both players are “pure” centers. Neither is a good fit for the power forward position. Though Dolson can hit the 3-point shot, she doesn’t have the foot speed to adequately defend the more athletic and mobile power forwards in the WNBA. While Boyette may be more likely to grind through 20-plus minutes of guarding the 4, the Sky would be taking her out of the paint, neutralizing her elite rim protection and putting her out of position as a rebounder.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Stocks has thought about having Dolson coming off the bench and basically splitting time with Boyette at center? Start Breland at PF. I doubt having Dolson play significant minutes at PF will work out and I firmly believe once Coates is healthy, someone is getting traded.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Sigur was being sarcastic Laughing

I should of known better, as long as I have known sigur3.
The billy goat curse has transferred to the Sky.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder if Stocks has thought about having Dolson coming off the bench and basically splitting time with Boyette at center? Start Breland at PF. I doubt having Dolson play significant minutes at PF will work out and I firmly believe once Coates is healthy, someone is getting traded.

Im with Toad , its like Stocks didnt think about what she was getting before she took the players. Dolson is clearly not a 4 and neither is boyette. Playing breland at the 3 will be a disaster as we saw with Pokey when she had fowles , EDD & Breland lineup. Dolson or Boyette will have to go when Alaina comes to play which may not be til next season from what i hear but either way this team is all kinds of jacked up .

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look where Stocks just came from. She'll try to use Dolson the same way LA uses Lavender.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Look where Stocks just came from. She'll try to use Dolson the same way LA uses Lavender.

That would be off the bench.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 15 of 28

Jump to: