RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jim Comey is another lying asshole
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/06/17 9:37 am    ::: Jim Comey is another lying asshole Reply Reply with quote

"speak or conceal".

You spoke on one of the issues while concealing the potentially more threatening one.

Douche.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comey fired.

Not nice of Chump to fire the guy possibly most responsible for getting him elected.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, what is considered the most corrupt, sleaziest, low down, four years can't pass fast enough WH administration in history?

I'm not sure how to actually measure that.

There's Nixon.

I've read where Reagan's had the most people arrested.

Clinton had a big scandal.

And after 4 months, where does this one rank?

Maybe because I'm LIVING IT, but I'd have to rank this one pretty corrupt, sleazy, low down and four years seems like a lifetime! Maybe 10 lifetimes!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/09/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The attitude is different.

Nixon's cronies knew perfectly well that what they were doing was wrong but did it anyhow for a variety of motivations.

This administration manifests an attitude that all these anti-corruption and conflict of interest laws are just a bunch of silly nuisances and annoyances that they are free to ignore.

It's different. I think this one is actually worse. These folks have no sense of integrity that I can discern.

I don't think Nixon and the others you named were motivated quite so much by greed as by power, though. On the other hand, before it's done, this crew may give Harding a good run for the most financially corrupt group.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're gonna need the media to get it's shit together and figure out what's going on. It's clear our investigative process isn't going to work.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comey fired? Holy Archibald Cox!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Comey fired? Holy Archibald Cox!

Let's not make Comey into some upstanding hero here.

He didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

Patrick Leahy seems to be about the only one expressing outrage (something he has refined to an art form,).

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/09/17 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sanders:

"Donald Trump’s decision to fire FBI Director James Comey raises serious questions about what his administration is hiding. Why did President Trump fire the person leading the investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and the Russian government? I find it deeply troubling that this decision comes a day after damning testimony by former acting Attorney General Sally Yates on Russia’s ties to the Trump campaign and just days before Comey was scheduled to appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

President Trump has repeatedly taken steps to kill inquiries into Russia’s involvement in the U.S. election. It is clear that whomever President Trump handpicks to lead the FBI will not be able to objectively carry out this investigation. We need an independent investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia."

PostPosted: 05/09/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
The attitude is different.

Nixon's cronies knew perfectly well that what they were doing was wrong but did it anyhow for a variety of motivations.

This administration manifests an attitude that all these anti-corruption and conflict of interest laws are just a bunch of silly nuisances and annoyances that they are free to ignore.

It's different. I think this one is actually worse. These folks have no sense of integrity that I can discern.

I don't think Nixon and the others you named were motivated quite so much by greed as by power, though. On the other hand, before it's done, this crew may give Harding a good run for the most financially corrupt group.

Trump, in a nutshell, his entire life.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump is such a douche.

The way the firing was handled is so fucked up.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Trump is such a douche.

The way the firing was handled is so fucked up.

I wish I could stay up and watch Colbert tonight. Oh well, I guess I'll record it and watch in the morning.

If this one is half as good as the on Dickerson/Putin.... Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know who was more ridiculous tonight. Spicer and Conway trying to defend the timing of the firing for something that happened months ago that Trump at the time called "courageous", or the MSNBC crowd suddenly tripping over each other trying to turn a guy they've been crucifying for six months into some kind of great American hero.

They're both completely full of shit.

It's just politics as usual.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I don't know who was more ridiculous tonight. Spicer and Conway trying to defend the timing of the firing for something that happened months ago that Trump at the time called "courageous", or the MSNBC crowd suddenly tripping over each other trying to turn a guy they've been crucifying for six months into some kind of great American hero.

I didn't see that on MSNBC, but I only watched from 8-11.

Focusing on how Comey is portrayed by "the 2 sides" is just another distraction anyway.

Trump fired Comey because he lead the FBI's counter-intelligence investigation into Trump/Russia hanky panky and drew too close for Trump's comfort. That's the only story here.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Focusing on how Comey is portrayed by "the 2 sides" is just another distraction anyway.

Trump fired Comey because he lead the FBI's counter-intelligence investigation into Trump/Russia hanky panky and drew too close for Trump's comfort. That's the only story here.

I'll remind you what YOU named this thread - "Jim Comey is another lying asshole".

He's not some kind of hero or martyr. And firing him isn't going to stop the investigation.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/10/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comey is a slime ball of a certain flavor.

Trump & Co. represents a whole BAG of slime, entirely too amorphous to define....it just oozes everywhere, and does not necessarily play well with other slime.

Though he said it (what now seems like...) EONS ago, the principle is as applicable as ever: "I could pull out a gun and shoot somebody on 5th Ave., and my poll numbers would go up."

He and all his cronies have no fear of The Establishment, and challenge limits and conventions with impunity. Rather than hide things, he orchestrates his Clusterfuck Dog & Pony show as a distraction, which is hugely popular with the mentally deficient Average American audience.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I'll remind you what YOU named this thread - "Jim Comey is another lying asshole".

He's not some kind of hero or martyr. And firing him isn't going to stop the investigation.

Not sure why your shorts are in a wad. Because I didn't see the "martyrdom" you accused MSNBC of?

Again, the only story is that Trump is running scared, and has now fired the 3 people who were investigating him.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Comey is a slime ball of a certain flavor.

Trump & Co. represents a whole BAG of slime, entirely too amorphous to define....it just oozes everywhere, and does not necessarily play well with other slime.

Though he said it (what now seems like...) EONS ago, the principle is as applicable as ever: "I could pull out a gun and shoot somebody on 5th Ave., and my poll numbers would go up."

He and all his cronies have no fear of The Establishment, and challenge limits and conventions with impunity. Rather than hide things, he orchestrates his Clusterfuck Dog & Pony show as a distraction, which is hugely popular with the mentally deficient Average American audience.

And we've known this for how many years now!

PostPosted: 05/14/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

You are absolutely right about Comey not being a martyr. The guy did deserve to be fired for how he bungled the email case. But that does not mean there shouldn't be outrage over how/when/why he was fired.

This fellow says it better than I could:

Scalzi:

"Let’s say there’s this guy who is an enormous asshole and everybody hates him and wishes that he’d get, like, hit by a bus or something. Then one day, a bus indeed comes up on the curb, smacks into him and basically turns him into paste. Does everyone then pin a medal on the bus driver? Well, no, the bus driver just killed someone.

Now we look into why the bus went up on the curb. And if in this particular case the bus driver just happened to be someone the enormous asshole was investigating for possible criminal activity (because the enormous asshole was maybe a cop or a private investigator), well. There might be cause for concern. Especially if the bus driver then says “I was driving around looking for him in order to hit him with a bus!” to Lester Holt in a televised interview."

PostPosted: 05/14/17 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
....There might be cause for concern. Especially if the bus driver then says “I was driving around looking for him in order to hit him with a bus!” to Lester Holt in a televised interview."

Laughing Laughing

The news guys on SNL used a shorter analogy last night (and I paraphrase):
"If the drug-sniffing dog comes up to your luggage at the airport, you don't shoot it!"

I hear all the banter/debate re: special investigators. I wish they'd give that job to Hillary. I know she could do it. And it would cause a mega-explosion of Right Wing-nut heads. Possibly even The Don's. Razz

PostPosted: 05/16/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Quote:
Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Perhaps I should have posted this in the impeachment thread....

PostPosted: 05/16/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Quote:
Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Perhaps I should have posted this in the impeachment thread....

Just came to post this. Laughing

Mixed feelings on Comey. Never had a problem with him prior to the Hillary case..but he royally fucked up the Email case, and his decision hurt this country badly. (Albiet, it wasn't completely his fault..)

That being said, of all the people in the Trump circle..he was one of the most trust worthy. Now we're down to a man nick named Mad Dog and Trump's daughter and son in law..(who aren't really trustworthy..but also aren't Steve Bannon.. although pretty credible rumor going around that Kushner is the one leaking..)

And if Comey wants to spill now..he can go right ahead. Rachel needs to get him on her show.

PostPosted: 05/16/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I watch the news stations go into hysterics over this Comey memo report I wonder who will make bigger fools of themselves. Republicans who try to brush off something that can't be brushed off (Darryl Issa reportedly gave the finger to a female Politico reporter and walked away when asked for his comments) or Democrats who respond with grossly over-the-top histrionics (see e.g. Nancy Pelosi's press release "If these reports are true, the President’s brazen attempt to shut down the FBI’s investigation of Michael Flynn is an assault on the rule of law that is fundamental to our democracy. At best, President Trump has committed a grave abuse of executive power. At worst, he has obstructed justice.)

Sorry Nancy but there's nothing "fundamental to our democracy" here. People would take you more seriously if you turned down your rhetoric by 50%.

And Darryl, being rude isn't going to get you off the hook.

Now some asshat Sen Risch from that enlightened state of Idaho is on actually trying to defend Trump and just said the Trump admin is improving. Say what???????? He says the problems are the people who leaked what Trump told the Russians. Say double what??????

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/16/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's time like these that are the only times I ever turn on Fox News because it's just so jaw dropping absurd.

They have Karl Rove on blaming Comey, that he should have said "Mr President, better that you not ask me those questions." Yeah, that would solve it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

And it's all the media's fault because Trump is a businessman unfamiliar with the ways of Washington, and the media never gives Republicans a fair shake. Ok, thanks for clearing that up Karl. And Karl gave some convoluted explanation about how Obama people are responsible for the leak of the Comey memo which I can't explain because it was incoherent and beyond absurd.

Ok, that's about all the Fox my brain can handle in one sitting. Where's my remote?

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/16/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Ok, that's about all the Fox my brain can handle in one sitting. Where's my remote?

Hahahahah. I did the same thing. I wanted to see how they were going to play this.

I like to see this and then play a little game where I imagine the shit tornado that would have exploded on that network had it been a memo of Obama asking Comey to go easy on Hillary.

I made it through Sen. Risch's verbal diarrhea and that was all I could take.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: