RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing posted on the website since April 20 Shocked

And still a bazillion players on the roster...

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

* face palm* Bad LA smh

PostPosted: 05/08/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Agler will have his hands full with Sims & Williams. I bet one of them isn't a Spark in 2018.

Hopefully both. They're major liabilities. It will be next to impossible to win a championship with them on the team.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't think Weise has a slow release. At least not when she is tightly covered and they need a shot/bucket. She just plants her feet and fires in one motion. Karli Samuelson is the one who's release I'd be concerned with. She has that Samuelson family shooting motion.

You mean those 96 3s she shot at 48.5% even though everyone knows she is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the nation Rolling Eyes Not only does she have a quick release as she is set as she catches, she shoots way beyond the arc.

Why does she shoot way beyond the arc if she has a quick release?

What does that have to do with the release? She has a quick release period, BUT she also has that type of range and that is why she spreads the floor so much on defense. BTW shooting 53.5% preseason Wink

tfan

PostPosted: 05/08/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't think Weise has a slow release. At least not when she is tightly covered and they need a shot/bucket. She just plants her feet and fires in one motion. Karli Samuelson is the one who's release I'd be concerned with. She has that Samuelson family shooting motion.

You mean those 96 3s she shot at 48.5% even though everyone knows she is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the nation Rolling Eyes Not only does she have a quick release as she is set as she catches, she shoots way beyond the arc.

What does that have to do with the release? She has a quick release period, BUT she also has that type of range and that is why she spreads the floor so much on defense. BTW shooting 53.5% preseason Wink

Release speed (along with quickness, size, release point and demonstrated ability to drive) affects whether a player can get their shot off at the 3-point line. if they can't get it off at the three point line - they have to back up even further.

Last edited by tfan on 05/09/17 7:34 am; edited 4 times in total
jap

PostPosted: 05/08/17 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

WNBA rules do not apply to us. I keep telling you folks; we're special. Cool

PostPosted: 05/08/17 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You may want to sit down. Ah-Ra was let Go

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/09/17 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks' roster down to 17. 6 more cuts to go. Easy ones should be Grant-Allen, Ibekwe & Hopkins. If Warley-Talbert makes the cut; only one of Ruef, Samuelson, Wiese & Weisner stays.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to imagine the Sparks will make some cuts today. Is everyone in camp?

basketballologist

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I have to imagine the Sparks will make some cuts today. Is everyone in camp?

Why is Ibekwe still pending.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:

Release speed (along with quickness, size, release point and demonstrated ability to drive) affects whether a player can get their shot off at the 3-point line. if they can't get it off at the three point line - they have to back up even further.

You missed the part where very few players can shoot with that range and accuracy, she shoots with that range because she CAN. Just say if you don't like her but stop making shit up.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sparks' roster down to 17. 6 more cuts to go. Easy ones should be Grant-Allen, Ibekwe & Hopkins. If Warley-Talbert makes the cut; only one of Ruef, Samuelson, Wiese & Weisner stays.

Ruef had 1 really good game, will it be enough, we will see.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker and Lavender are overseas at least thru Friday, so maybe they go with 14 until those two arrive. Not sure if they can do that though without temporary suspension or something.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Parker and Lavender are overseas at least thru Friday, so maybe they go with 14 until those two arrive. Not sure if they can do that though without temporary suspension or something.

Given that none of the players who'll be missing are ones they'll want to suspend for the year, I don't think they'll be able to do that. Whether they can fit 11 or 12 depends on who they keep, but assuming they go vet there may only be eight Sparks in uniform for Saturday's ESPN-televised opener.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Given that none of the players who'll be missing are ones they'll want to suspend for the year, I don't think they'll be able to do that. Whether they can fit 11 or 12 depends on who they keep, but assuming they go vet there may only be eight Sparks in uniform for Saturday's ESPN-televised opener.

But if they're down to 8 can't they sign a hardship?

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

But if they're down to 8 can't they sign a hardship?

Based on previous years, I believe the players would have to miss at least a game for the team to be eligible to do that. LA don't play their second game for nearly a week, so unless the Turkish Finals are dragging out, they might not bother.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they might only have 8 players available for Saturday? That sucks!

jap

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Brian only uses 7 or 8 players anyway.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Brian only uses 7 or 8 players anyway.

That only happens when those 7-8 are good or experienced

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks move ring ceremony to accommodate missing players

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mystics/sparks-move-ring-ceremony-to-accommodate-missing-players/2017/05/11/618fa7ec-3615-11e7-ab03-aa29f656f13e_story.html

Quote:
The Sparks postponed their ring ceremony a week because Parker, Jantel Lavender and Essence Carson are still playing overseas in the Turkish League finals.

“I’m glad they’ll be able to be a part of it,” Sparks coach Brian Agler said.

Quote:
By moving the ceremony back a week, the Sparks will also be able to give Kristi Toliver her ring. The talented guard left the team to go to Washington in free agency in the offseason.

Quote:
The Turkish playoffs aren’t the only time that WNBA players will miss games this season because of overseas commitments. Vandersloot will also miss time in June as she plays for Hungary at the EuroBasket tournament. She’s one of a handful of WNBA players who will leave for that tournament. The top five teams qualify for next year’s women’s basketball World Cup.

Washington will be without young star Emma Meesseman, who will be playing for Belgium.

New York will lose Kia Vaughn (Czech Republic) and Epiphanny Prince (Russia).

“I get players having to play overseas to enhance their income,” New York Liberty coach Bill Laimbeer said. “I get players having dual passports. I don’t get them missing training camp or the opening of the season.”

Quote:
In the past teams could fine players for missing time, but that was amended last May in a deal between the players union and the league. Now players won’t be fined if they give their teams advanced notice.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/11/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
David Siegel @DishNSwish 41m
Great talking to @brian_agler on everything from missing players, new players, rookies, injuries, and news coverage for Dishin & Swishin.

Quote:
David Siegel @DishNSwish 32m
For those wondering rookie Sydney Wiese is looking good, but yet another unfortunate "injury release" will be Karlee Samuelson

toad455

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Wiese should thank Samuelson for getting injured. Still curious how many players will be on the team come Saturday.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
tfan wrote:

You missed the part where very few players can shoot with that range and accuracy, she shoots with that range because she CAN. Just say if you don't like her but stop making shit up.

Are you claiming she shoots just as well from behind the three point line as she does at the line? I think she would be the first player in basketball ever to be able to do that. And if she doesn't shoot as well - why does she do it?

Saying Samuelson has issues with her release (her aim part) is not "making shit up". It's just an opinion, as is your statement that she has a quick release.Adding "period" to your statement doesn't make it a fact. Only detailed analysis of film of shooters would make any statements about release speed a fact.

I don't dislike Samuelson. You should just realize that if you use the eye-roll emoji in a response you are going to get push-back.

Last edited by tfan on 05/11/17 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA could still cut Wiese/Williams,then sign O'Hea.

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
LA could still cut Wiese/Williams,then sign O'Hea.

Why would they do that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21

Jump to: