RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~UK~

PostPosted: 05/06/17 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Western KY sophomore G Jaycee Coe is transferring. Word is that she will land at Southeastern.

That surprises me just because she already transferred once. I hope it works out for her, I always liked her when she was at Kentucky.

An NAIA school like Southeastern is probably the right fit for her. Hope she does well.

LitePal

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mariya Moore is on an official to USC this weekend. She had the official at Cal earlier in the week. Minyon would have to sit two years if she transferred to Cal and her Twitter page still has #3 USC prominently featured.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 05/07/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tori McCoy (Ohio St) transferring to Marquette.

Matt5762

PostPosted: 05/07/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kerstie Phills (Wagner's leading scorer, NEC FOY) transferring to Florida Gulf Coast.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/07/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:

That's a huge get for Marquette. Marquette fan, where are you?

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/07/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Either someone got real backspace happy while removing the graduated seniors from the roster at St. John's, or senior-to-be guard Crystal Simmons and junior-to-be forward Jordan Agustus are no longer on the team. Crystal's from Spain; Jordan's from the Bronx.

Sad

PostPosted: 05/08/17 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

That's a huge get for Marquette. Marquette fan, where are you?

Feeling exhausted after a big event at my kids' school Smile. I saw the staff tweeting out some excitement and didn't know what it was for - then saw the tweet from McCoy's Dad about her coming to MU. I didn't realize what a star recruit she had been in high school - will be a nice addition when MU's core stars are seniors.

MU technically didn't have a scholarship for her but Chelsey Gibson who never had a chance to play much at MU as she tore her ACL shortly after arriving here has graduated and will transfer to Troy: http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2017/5/4/basketball-w-troy-bolsters-roster-with-addition-of-transfer.aspx

tfan

PostPosted: 05/08/17 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:

She was a top 10 recruit out of high school and a McDonalds All-American. And she started 10 games for Ohio State and was in the rotation otherwise, so surprising that she is going with a Big East team. I read somewhere that Baylor was also a possibility and that Illinois did not have interest.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/08/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

She was a top 10 recruit out of high school and a McDonalds All-American. And she started 10 games for Ohio State and was in the rotation otherwise, so surprising that she is going with a Big East team. I read somewhere that Baylor was also a possibility and that Illinois did not have interest.

This girl (and her family) are dramatic. Immediately after her release from OSU her dad put out a statement that she didn't want to go to Illinois. Why would the Illini reach out if the player (via her father) expressed she wasn't interested. Bizarre.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
tfan wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

This girl (and her family) are dramatic. Immediately after her release from OSU her dad put out a statement that she didn't want to go to Illinois. Why would the Illini reach out if the player (via her father) expressed she wasn't interested. Bizarre.

Another K. Bone in the making ...hopefully she stays put at Marquette where she assumes she can be a star .... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/08/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nacy Mulkey is leaving OU, showed flashes of what she could be, but still a project, probably heads to a mid major.
Phil

PostPosted: 05/08/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Link to Mulkey story

http://linkis.com/newsok.com/article/Ee89X

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/08/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have been totally unimpressed with Mulkey. She is so tentative on defense as to be thought wimpy. Unless she settles with a coach who can teach her some D, she will never amount to much.

PostPosted: 05/08/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AND THE BEAT GOES ON....

PostPosted: 05/08/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Nacy Mulkey is leaving OU, showed flashes of what she could be, but still a project, probably heads to a mid major.

agree. she would be a nice pickup for a mid major team.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/08/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karen Barefoot, new with UNC-Wilmington, picks up 2 transfers from Rutgers, 5'7 PG Shrita Parker and 5'10 G Ashli Jeune. Quick work!

PostPosted: 05/08/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland's Jenna Staiti has landed at Georgia.

Zada Williams, formerly of Miami, moves upstate to Florida.

Annika Lai has left Montana State. Lai, from Boulder, CO, plans to transfer to a school closer to home. In addition, MSU redshirt freshman Madison Kast will transfer to a school closer to her home in Davis, CA, and junior Ashton Stegner is retiring from basketball after numerous injuries but will continue at MSU.

VCU's Camille Calhoun also retiring from basketball after 2 ACL tears but staying to finish her master's.

Last edited by summertime blues on 05/10/17 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue's Dominique McBryde announced on twitter today that she is transferring. I certainly didn't see this one coming, especially this time of year but then again, in this age of transfers, I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. I know she lost her starting spot during the season so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't know...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU G A'Tyanna Gaulden has announced plans to transfer to Arkansas.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nacy Mulkey is leaving OU.

Shocked W.T.FU*K!!!!!!! Mad

Yes, I'm a Sooner fan, but no, I only get my newz (of ANY basketball sorts) from here. Sometimes ESPN.com during the season. What the hell is going on in Norman??

Yes, Nancy was a work in progress. She reminded me of (fellow 6'9" player) DeHaan out of Michigan, years ago. Not the toughest player out there, but a potential to be developed.

I'd like to be nice and say Nancy may have very realistically come to the conclusion that DI hoops was tougher than she thought, especially in a P5 conference. But Dungee, too?

SHERRI???? Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 05/11/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee, darlin', if you follow just a few sources on Twitter (I could help you there), you'd get more WBB news than you could possibly want or need! Wink

I really, seriously do not think N. Mulkey was ready for prime time. She acted like she was too scared to defend most of the time. Put some weight and muscle on her and give her a good defense coach, and maybe, but some way or other, she wasn't getting that. Send her down to D-II or even NAIA and she'll be in hog heaven. She won't have to defend very vigorously and can score at will.

I don't know enough about Dungee to know what to say.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Yes, I'm a Sooner fan, but no, I only get my newz (of ANY basketball sorts) from here. Sometimes ESPN.com during the season. What the hell is going on in Norman??

Yes, Nancy was a work in progress. She reminded me of (fellow 6'9" player) DeHaan out of Michigan, years ago. Not the toughest player out there, but a potential to be developed.

I'd like to be nice and say Nancy may have very realistically come to the conclusion that DI hoops was tougher than she thought, especially in a P5 conference. But Dungee, too?

Mulkey still needs to mature, OU has a 2018 commit who said she would like to wear#32 when she gets to OU, and Nancy is having issues with that.
LitePal

PostPosted: 05/11/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One Moore will be staying and the other transferring to USC. Excellent work by Trakh.
http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/5/11/15576216/mariya-moore-transfers-usc-ncaaw

A brief Twitter video on Trakh with his players at the end and yes, one is Minyon. https://twitter.com/USC_Athletics/status/862460339895410688

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/11/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5'9 G McKenzie Calvert transferring from Kansas, will have 2 years left starting in December as a grad transfer.

Oakland has added Alabama transfer, 5'10 G LaKyesha Stennis.

The NCAA has granted another year of eligibility to South Dakota G Caitlin Duffy.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Mulkey still needs to mature, OU has a 2018 commit who said she would like to wear#32 when she gets to OU, and Nancy is having issues with that.

Ummm, please tell me that is NOT "The Reason" she's leaving!! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 15 of 27

Jump to: