Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/02/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The last two seasons in the WNBL have been defining for me and have genuinely helped me to develop personally and professionally. And just as I had hoped, the WNBL served as a platform for me to chase my dream all the way back to Seattle. And that takes us to the present. I'm one week into training camp with the Storm and loving every minute of it.

Life and Basketball in Australia
Sami Whitcomb

PostPosted: 05/02/17 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
I'm a STH and just learned that the Storm has added a "general admission family zone" that includes the back of my section where kids are encouraged to "cheer as loud as you can." I can only think that now every game has the potential to be like Kids Day. Am I unreasonable to be pissed about this? I definitely would have looked into moving my seat if I'd known about it.

would it be possible for you to move, have you considered speaking with your rep?

PostPosted: 05/02/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
merlina wrote:
I'm a STH and just learned that the Storm has added a "general admission family zone" that includes the back of my section where kids are encouraged to "cheer as loud as you can." I can only think that now every game has the potential to be like Kids Day. Am I unreasonable to be pissed about this? I definitely would have looked into moving my seat if I'd known about it.

would it be possible for you to move, have you considered speaking with your rep?

I'm going to contact her. They do an annual seat selection event that I didn't attend because I was happy with my seat before I found out about this...I would have had better options at that event.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 05/03/17 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any media day pics for the Storm yet?
toad455

PostPosted: 05/03/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:

Pics are now up on the Storm's Facebook page.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/03/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm waive Nikki Greene

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/03/17 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Storm waive Nikki Greene

Wow that was quick

PostPosted: 05/03/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Storm waive Nikki Greene

Wow that was quick

It's tough when a marginal player misses training camp.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/03/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Presumably means Montgomery's been good enough to not bother with much of a look at Greene. There are only five posts left on the roster now, so Montgomery's looking good to make the team. Although cutting down to 14 this early does suggest they might be looking to pick another player up or make a waiver claim to take a look at someone else.

PostPosted: 05/04/17 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

Pics are now up on the Storm's Facebook page.

Thanks!
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/04/17 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Presumably means Montgomery's been good enough to not bother with much of a look at Greene. There are only five posts left on the roster now, so Montgomery's looking good to make the team. Although cutting down to 14 this early does suggest they might be looking to pick another player up or make a waiver claim to take a look at someone else.

I wonder if we have to have 5 posts. Stewart will be playing big minutes. Langhorne will have to share her minutes with Swords and Tokashiki.
So i dont see a big need there if we dont have a solid 5th post in training camp or cant pick up one

PG: Bird, Quinn Peterson
SG: Loyd, Whitcomb
SF Clark, O'Hea and KML
PF: Stewart, Tokashiki
C: Langhorne, Swords

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Montgomery stays. Langhorne's natural position is at PF, so I have to wonder if we might see a big line-up with Stewart at SF, Langhorne & Swords/Montgomery. We could see both PGs get cut with Peterson & O'Neill with Quinn acting as the back-up PG.

PG: Bird/Quinn
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/KML
SF: Clark/O'Hea
PF: Stewart/Tokashiki
C: Langhorne/Swords/Montgomery

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/07/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think Montgomery stays. Langhorne's natural position is at PF, so I have to wonder if we might see a big line-up with Stewart at SF, Langhorne & Swords/Montgomery. We could see both PGs get cut with Peterson & O'Neill with Quinn acting as the back-up PG.

PG: Bird/Quinn
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/KML
SF: Clark/O'Hea
PF: Stewart/Tokashiki
C: Langhorne/Swords/Montgomery

Your player selection is okay, but your slotting seems wonky to me. I'll never understand why you consider KML a shooting guard. Way too slow.

Peterson was supposed to represent the future, but I suppose they could go with a guard in next year's draft. Hope for Mitchell or maybe Canada.... Nurse. Or maybe just have a little patience with Peterson. Hardest transition in the WNBA.

Bird/Quinn
Loyd/Whitcomb/O'Hea
Clark/KML
Stewart/Langhorne/Tokashiki
Swords/Montgomery

Tokashiki is probably my real first backup for SF, and KML is my 11th or 12th man. I'm just not as high on her as you wishful thinkers

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird returns to Storm practice, says knee feels good

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/sue-bird-returns-to-storm-practice-says-knee-feels-good/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/09/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 05/10/17 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

LOVING THIS PIC!!!!!
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/17 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sue Bird returns to Storm practice, says knee feels good

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/sue-bird-returns-to-storm-practice-says-knee-feels-good/

Sucks for Sami , hope its not serious.

PostPosted: 05/11/17 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm need to sign Erin Philips as soon as possible. Certainly when Bird is not ready to play the first few games and Noelle Quinn is also dealing with an injury. We dont have to worry about cap space.

Starting Peterson or O'Neill just isnt a good idea..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/11/17 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
The Storm need to sign Erin Philips as soon as possible. Certainly when Bird is not ready to play the first few games and Noelle Quinn is also dealing with an injury. We dont have to worry about cap space.

I think Phillips would be a good fit in Seattle. She could spare both Bird and Lloyd when they need a rest and start while Bird is out

PostPosted: 05/11/17 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I think Phillips would be a good fit in Seattle. She could spare both Bird and Lloyd when they need a rest and start while Bird is out

We signed her years back but Agler traded her for Katie Smith

tfan

PostPosted: 05/11/17 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

We signed her years back but Agler traded her for Katie Smith

Worked out great for Indiana as I don't think they could have beat the Lynx in the finals without her. They are lucky Smith demanded a trade from. Washington.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/11/17 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Signing Phillips is easier said than done.She allegedly left phoenix because she wanted to be a starter right ?.I know Erin came off the bench with dallas,but I believe she only made this concession to play closer to family/home.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/11/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Signing Phillips is easier said than done.She allegedly left phoenix because she wanted to be a starter right ?.I know Erin came off the bench with dallas,but I believe she only made this concession to play closer to family/home.

I dont think that at this stage in her career she cares about starting

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle Storm Announces Roster for WNBA Tipoff presented by Verizon

O'Hea and O'Neill are out.

History tells us, though, not to count Valavanis out for last second roster moves before the season tips. Rolling Eyes But for now, the Storm has its 12.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/11/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Sami! Very Happy Congrats!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19

Jump to: