View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I remember Chantelle Anderson starring for the Lebanese national team

I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of Angel turning up in Atlanta after the All Star break

yea probably for her icecream shop Laughing . I sure hope so though pilight , Shes been the face of ATL since inception although shes had some rough moments they still need her dearly .

The store is supposed to open June 1st. I imagine she needs the time off from the Dream to get that rolling.

I hope she's just the money behind the project. If she's the brains, that shop is in trouble.

From her IG seems as though she has people running the shop while shes out right now getting it together so im guessing she will be there for the grand opening but afterwards ran by someone else maybe a "Muse" *hint Hint*

PostPosted: 05/04/17 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

14 game season that ends at the beginning of June #HowConvenient Laughing
If im going to sit out might as well make money til my side hustle starts , Love Lori Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/04/17 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Richyy can verify this, but if she comes back at any time during in the season, doesn't she still get out of one year of being cored?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/04/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are things about the core designation and the core qualifying offer that change on certain dates, but I would presume that if she ultimately signed to play at some point this season, it would count as one of her years played under the core designation. Which would still leave three more.

PostPosted: 05/04/17 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know some thought she wanted to be traded but what if it was the opposite, she heard the rumor about being traded to Dallas, and then decides to sit out to avoid being traded and stay in Atl? Now she is cored and can't be traded without her consent. Just a thought.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/05/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
"Likes money" is clearly the motivation. There are safety issues, and except for a handful of foreign players, it's probably high school level basketball.

It's sad that Lebanon pays better than the USA

PostPosted: 05/05/17 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
"Likes money" is clearly the motivation. There are safety issues, and except for a handful of foreign players, it's probably high school level basketball.

It's sad that Lebanon pays better than the USA

Very Sad , I think the league is really watching how effective this is for its future. You cant expect people to take you serious if your own employers dont . Make them a priority and they will do the same.

PostPosted: 05/05/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lebanon has to pay more - it's called combat pay.

Trying to get into the mind of Angel is certainly a fool errand, but I'm not sure this is entirely a matter of money. Most stars do continue to play in the WNBA year after year, though lately there has been a trend for the bigger names to sit out all or part of a season. How many All WNBA players have foregone part of a season to play in Lebanon?

In this case, I have to think there is something else going on. Notice that 3 of the 5 cored players this year are not playing, and one was traded. Angel seemed to be complaining about it in the recent interview. Does seem like players a making a mockery of coring. Since she was cored, though, she could veto any trade so it was probably not a matter of objecting to a trade. My best guess - she either does want a trade to a contender or she's just having a fit and showing the Dream brass/owners who's boss.

Or maybe she just wants Cooper fired.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/05/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could have the timeline wrong but I think she decided to sit out before she was cored.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/05/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I could have the timeline wrong but I think she decided to sit out before she was cored.

It was announced Jan 4 that she was taking time off. So it may well have come before the core designation. However, it would have been obvious to her she was going to be cored anyway.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/05/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deviously: I wonder if a player would ever tell her team "no need to core me. I'll stick around on my own" then go sign elsewhere. oooh.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 05/05/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Deviously: I wonder if a player would ever tell her team "no need to core me. I'll stick around on my own" then go sign elsewhere. oooh.

The team would say "Fine, sign the extension now".

PostPosted: 05/05/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The team would say "Fine, sign the extension now".

Whoop Shocked

PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spain has named their preliminary squad for EuroBasket and only included Sancho and not Ndour, so I guess Sancho will be there.

Randy wrote:
Lebanon has to pay more - it's called combat pay.

Trying to get into the mind of Angel is certainly a fool errand, but I'm not sure this is entirely a matter of money. Most stars do continue to play in the WNBA year after year, though lately there has been a trend for the bigger names to sit out all or part of a season. How many All WNBA players have foregone part of a season to play in Lebanon?

In this case, I have to think there is something else going on. Notice that 3 of the 5 cored players this year are not playing, and one was traded. Angel seemed to be complaining about it in the recent interview. Does seem like players a making a mockery of coring. Since she was cored, though, she could veto any trade so it was probably not a matter of objecting to a trade. My best guess - she either does want a trade to a contender or she's just having a fit and showing the Dream brass/owners who's boss.

Or maybe she just wants Cooper fired.

I certainly would not go there on vacation, but plenty of American men play in Lebanon season after season and I have never heard of any issues. Plenty of non-WNBA women's players have played there too. The fact that the teams are owned by big Lebanese organizations tends to help from a safety perspective. Though it is not as big on the women's side, Lebanon is easily the third most basketball-crazy country in the world.
Randy

PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the perspective on Lebanon. Who knew it was a basketball hotbed?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Spain has named their preliminary squad for EuroBasket and only included Sancho and not Ndour, so I guess Sancho will be there.

Makes you woder why Ndour didn't bother to show up in the US then, if she had nothing else to do. Could've made things even more muddled in Chicago's training camp.

PostPosted: 05/06/17 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Ndour doesn't want to play for Chicago.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/06/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wasn't Ndour the one who told certain teams that she wasn't going to come over right away during her draft year and told some others that she would?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/06/17 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Wasn't Ndour the one who told certain teams that she wasn't going to come over right away during her draft year and told some others that she would?

Does this thread cover that subject?

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=81311

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/06/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Does this thread cover that subject?

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=81311

If she didn't want to play for Chicago, maybe Chicago should have asked for Hamby.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/06/17 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meanwhile, back to the Dream. I'll do a forecast of our roster like the NY fans do all the time.:

C - Williams, Morello, Holivay
PF - Lyttle, Dantas
SF - Holmes
PG - Clarendon, Morris, Kiesel
SG - Hayes Sykes, Ajavon.

Leaves a shortfall at SF, but Hayes could cover that and Sykes is pretty athletic, so maybe in a pinch she could as well.

Players in italics are ones that could easily be done without, and collectively will likely average only a handful of minutes per game.

Now, the big question is which ones will be available by next Friday?

Based on last night, I think Sykes gets the "shoot till your arm falls off" green light instead of Simmons, who no longer seems like she will make the team.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/06/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a sad looking team.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/06/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Angel has been dragging this team to respectability for a long time

PostPosted: 05/06/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Yeah, this has me worried that the Sky will somehow still be a playoff team this season. Atlanta just has nothing. Indy is not looking too hot either at the moment.

Randy, I would hazard a guess that Sykes will be seeing plenty of SF minutes. Cooper had no problem playing Angel/Holmes at the 4 last year, and they're obviously not going anywhere this season so you want to get your rookies as many reps as possible. These days the 2 and the 3 are fairly interchangeable and like you said, Sykes has the physical gifts to make do.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/06/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I actually think atlanta will make the playoffs.They look mediocre on paper but the same can be said for chicago,Dallas,Indiana,San Antonio and connecticut.Most of the aforementioned teams have more talent,but the talent is unproven,returning from injury or mia(G.Johnson).Hayes/Williams should be all-stars this season.Teams with two all-stars usually make the playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19

Jump to: