RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sky vs Liberty - 5/03/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The big thing I'm taking from the talent in general and what we've read about the improvement of certain players is that this team is going to be a potent offensive team. How potent I think depends on Rebecca Allen's consistency. If she's consistent, I think we have legit firepower. Even with our big 3, I think we're potent. But if Allen is a regular contributor, we become really, really good.

The rebounding will be there one way or the other with all our bigs who can rebound. Whether it will be first in rebounding percentage, we will see. But top 3 is likely.

I'm still wondering how we will be defensively. While the two preseason games might leave you wondering, it's far more about how bad the Libs were defensively after the Olympic break last year. Yes, this is a far different team. It's a healthier bunch to this point, knock on wood. But I still think that the Libs may be too dependent on Stokes to erase mistakes and provide help in multiple areas of the court. But I think a part of this is also how good Allen is on the defensive end. I think if Bec is a consistent all-around player this season, the Libs can win a championship. I'm not predicting she will do that. I have no clue since I haven't seen anything other than boxscores and a couple of highlights. But I think we know what the big 3 can do on offense. We know we have depth and speed. We know Kiah will rebound and defend...and we hope she shoots more. But Bec is the X factor because it's hard to predict how good she will be. If she's consistent on both ends, the Libs' ceiling can really go up. Without Wright and Cash, we really need Bec to make her mark on the defensive end.

PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Not very good when Bria Hartley's your leading rebounder.

So spectacularly unimportant.

Agree. The Libs have won what, 2 preseason games since Bill become the coach? The only reason to view a preseason game with any degree of importance is to try to use it to assess the improvement of a player. Even that can be tricky. But for instance, Rodgers last year was absolutely bringing it during the game at Columbia. It was evident her game was dramatically improved, and that carried into the season. Other than though, it's totally meaningless.

PostPosted: 05/03/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/04/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Not very good when Bria Hartley's your leading rebounder.

So spectacularly unimportant. Most of the Liberty players were out there for no more than 15 minutes. It's a game that has no meaning except maybe, maybe for players fighting for the last seat on the bench. Two weeks from now will it have any meaning that Tina Charles didn't get her usually high rebounding total today? What a joke.

Yay, you're right, rebounding isn't really that important. And Turnovers, shooting percentages, block shots, etc. for that matter are overrated too. Hang in there homey, you're spectacularly right on top of it. Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Disjointed and ugly as sin. Neither team looked like they knew what offensive flow was.

I know it's preseason, but that's no excuse to get into bad habits like lazy fouls (ahem, Kia, Cierra, Boyd) or watching other people rebound (Tina) or just throwing up whatever at the rim (Sugar).

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: