RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/28/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Little bit surprised to see Fields gone that quickly, but maybe she was going to want time off to join Canada during the season. That could count against you in a tight competition.

PostPosted: 04/28/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nirra Fields and Peyton Little waived to make room for Hayes and Holmes

not really suprised by the cuts interesting though

Randy

PostPosted: 04/28/17 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Little didn't get in much at the scrimmage last night and I don't recall any of her shots falling. She was fun college player to watch. I could not figure out which one was Fields.

petrel

PostPosted: 04/28/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Little didn't get in much at the scrimmage last night and I don't recall any of her shots falling. She was fun college player to watch. I could not figure out which one was Fields.

The blonde one.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/28/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who was the one that looked like a body builder?

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/28/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

who stood out at the scrimmage?

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 04/28/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:

who stood out at the scrimmage?

For the Dream - Sykes looked good. Clarendon was the few regulars that played much. For the Sky - I thought Epps looked pretty good for a 3rd rounder. Janskoska had trouble holding onto the ball with pressure, but scored some baskets thanks to Epps assists on a few. Epps might beat her out. Sky had more regulars playing.

RobStat68

PostPosted: 04/28/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do the Dream plan on having any practices that are open to the public like the one they held at the local high school last year?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/01/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lengthy Portuguese article on Damiris Dantas ran through Google Translate

https://brasilwnba.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/sera-que-chegou-a-vez-de-damiris-na-wnba/

Quote:
Damiris Dantas do Amaral He started playing basketball at school and in 2005 passed through the club of Janeth Arcain (formerly Houston Comets) in Santo André.

He then defended the colors of the Divino / COC / Jundiaí, before heading to Spain, where he played for Celta de Vigo's team in basketball where he averaged 13.1 points, seven rebounds and a 38.7 per cent advantage in pitches Of court.

In the Brazilian Women's Basketball Team, she made her debut in the women's team in the 2010 World Cup.

In 2011 Damiris was runner-up of the U-18 America Cup in the United States and third place in the U-19 World Championship in Chile, where she was elected MVP of the tournament. In adult tournaments, he was champion of Copa America and bronze in the Pan-American of Guadalajara.

In April 2012, Damiris was drafted to the WNBA draft by the Minnesota Lynx team. The 19-year-old was drafted to 12th overall pick in the 2012 WNBA draft.

After the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Damiris played Paulista for the Ourinhos team and LBF CAIXA for the Maranhão Basketball team, where he averaged 12.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and a 50.5 percent Court pitches.

In 2013, Damiris decided that it was not yet time to make the leap to the American basketball league.

"It was a decision I made with my agents to stay another year in Brazil. I'm not going to the WNBA this year. I want to develop a lot, really evolve, before I play there. It's my dream, but to do it in the most appropriate way I need to be well prepared. I'm betting on my personal improvement before playing for Minnesota. It's part of my own career planning, "Damiris said.

On April 2 she signed a contract with the Minnesota Lynx team, where she debuted in 2014 and averaged 6.0 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. Damiris had a 51.1 per cent advantage in the court pitches and 100 per cent in the three-point throw.

She finished her debut season as the third youngest player in the WNBA and the youngest to wear a Lynx uniform since Candice Wiggins in 2008 ... She played in 30 matches, not just participating in the last four due to personal reasons. She was the second player in WNBA history to pick up 10 rebounds and provide 5 assists in her WNBA debut, the first was Candace Parker, 2008.

In 2015 Damiris started and started 16 games for Lynx, had a 100 percent advantage in the free-throw throwing, converting 11 of 12 balls and averaging 5.6 points, 53.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.

In the midseason the Minnesota Lynx team traded it as the Atlanta Dream. Where he played 16 games and averaged 8.3 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.

In 2016 the Atlanta Dream team announced that Damiris Dantas would not play the 2016 season as he was preparing to compete for the Brazilian national team at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Atlanta has retained Damiris' rights and hopes that she will return to the cast for the 2017 WNBA season.

In 2017 Damiris has been one of the great highlights in the excellent season of the Corinthians / Pay less / American team at LBF CAIXA, where he has averaged 21.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. Damiris still had a 51.6 per cent advantage in the court pitches, 37.0 per in three-pointers and 78.3 per cent in free throws.

On the Atlanta Dream website, Damiris appears as part of the WNBA team's 2017 season schedule. It would be fantastic for Dream to have Damiris playing as he has been playing for Corinthians at LBF CAIXA and for us Brazilians would be the chance to have a Brazilian player playing an MVP at WNBA.

Damiris is undoubtedly going through an excellent stage in his career and has everything to shine in the WNBA this season, even more so with the Dream team in rebuilding and without his biggest star Angel McCoughtry.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
animals31089

PostPosted: 05/03/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Markeisha Gatling and Jordan Reynolds cut not really a suprise to me looks like the dream need about 5 or 6 more cuts to make before the 12th

Randy

PostPosted: 05/03/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gatling getting cut surprises me a little because I though she actually looked better than the other posts in the scrimmage, but then none of them looked good. They all did have better conditioning though.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel now playing in Lebanon.....

http://www.asia-basket.com/Lebanon/news/488614/Angel-McCoughtry-(ex-Dynamo-K.)-is-a-newcomer-at-Homentmen-Antelias

Quote:
McCoughtry managed to play in four leagues in four countries this year (!!!)

Guess the USA isn't one of them...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

http://www.asia-basket.com/Lebanon/news/488614/Angel-McCoughtry-(ex-Dynamo-K.)-is-a-newcomer-at-Homentmen-Antelias

Quote:

so does this kind of kill the rumor that her knees cant take all year around play and that she really just wants OUT of Atlanta ?

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Quote:

This is strange on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your guess is as good as mine. The "needing rest" claim does seem like a lot of baloney.

root_thing - it seems so bizarre that I'd think it was fake news if anyone actually cared enough about WBB to make up fake news about it.....

Last edited by Randy on 05/04/17 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lebanese playoffs are likely to be distinctly shorter than a full WNBA season. It doesn't really confirm or deny anything, except that Angel's in demand and likes money as much as the next person.

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Your guess is as good as mine. The "needing rest" claim does seem like a lot of baloney.

Lori Ann has resurrected ...this is classic Lori Laughing

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Likes money" is clearly the motivation. There are safety issues, and except for a handful of foreign players, it's probably high school level basketball.

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember Chantelle Anderson starring for the Lebanese national team

I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of Angel turning up in Atlanta after the All Star break

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of Angel turning up in Atlanta after the All Star break

yea probably for her icecream shop Laughing . I sure hope so though pilight , Shes been the face of ATL since inception although shes had some rough moments they still need her dearly .

PostPosted: 05/04/17 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

yea probably for her icecream shop Laughing . I sure hope so though pilight , Shes been the face of ATL since inception although shes had some rough moments they still need her dearly .

The store is supposed to open June 1st. I imagine she needs the time off from the Dream to get that rolling.

PostPosted: 05/04/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

America's Sweetheart... Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

The store is supposed to open June 1st. I imagine she needs the time off from the Dream to get that rolling.

I hope she's just the money behind the project. If she's the brains, that shop is in trouble.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 05/04/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/lebanon-travel-warning.html

Quote:
The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to avoid travel to Lebanon because of the threats of terrorism, armed clashes, kidnapping, and outbreaks of violence, especially near Lebanon’s borders with Syria and Israel. U.S. citizens living and working in Lebanon should be aware of the risks of remaining in the country and should carefully consider those risks. This supersedes the Travel Warning issued on July 29, 2016.

I guess I don't like money enough to go there under any circumstances.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

America's Sweetheart... Laughing

Laughing #Dead ....I cant lie she brings that extra "something" to this league...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19

Jump to: