RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

More proof Trump voters are mainly idiots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/01/17 9:42 am    ::: More proof Trump voters are mainly idiots Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/04/27/trumps-lies-are-working-brilliantly-this-new-poll-proves-it/?utm_term=.073509569e05

80 percent of Trump voters think it’s a bigger problem that news organizations produce false stories, while only 3 percent of them think it’s a bigger problem that the Trump administration makes false claims. (Among Republicans overall, this is 69-14.)

Only 17 percent of Trump voters think the Trump administration regularly makes false claims, while 76 percent of Trump voters think it doesn’t. (Among Republicans overall, this is 31-65.)

By contrast, 78 percent of Trump voters think that news organizations regularly produce false stories, while only 19 percent of them think otherwise. (Among Republicans overall, this is 70-27.)

Meanwhile, 84 percent of Trump voters think he’s keeping most of his major campaign promises, while only 4 percent think he isn’t, and 89 percent of them think he’s honest and trustworthy.

PostPosted: 05/01/17 6:33 pm    ::: Re: More proof Trump voters are mainly idiots Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

80 percent of Trump voters think it’s a bigger problem that news organizations produce false stories

78 percent of Trump voters think that news organizations regularly produce false stories, while only 19 percent of them think otherwise. (Among Republicans overall, this is 70-27.)

Actual quotes from the White House Correspondent's Dinner.

Jeff Mason (President
White House Correspondents' Association):

"IT IS OUR JOB TO REPORT ON FACTS AND TO HOLD LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE. THAT IS WHO WE ARE. WE ARE NOT FAKE NEWS."

Bob Woodward: "Mr. President, the media is not fake news."

Comedian Hasan Minhaj:

"MSNBC is here tonight. And I’m glad you guys are here tonight. That way if I’m bombing, Brian Williams will describe it as stunning.

I have one quick request: MSNBC, please tell Rachel Maddow to chill about Trump’s tax returns. I don’t know what you think you’ll find in there, but there isn’t going to be a line item that just says “bribes from Russia.”

You’re the liberal news outlet! I want to root for you guys, but you’re turning into conspiracy theorists every night.

Last but not least, my favorite entertainment channel is in the building tonight. CNN is here, baby.

Now! You guys got some really weird trust issues going on with the public. I’m not going to call you “fake news,” but everything isn’t breaking news.

All you guys do is stoke up conflict. Don, every time I watch your show it feels like I’m watching a reality TV show.

You know you’re news, right? Come on! But every time I watch CNN, it feels like you’re assigning me homework. “Is Trump a Russian spy? Tweet us @AC360.” No, you tell me! I’m watching the news!

But it feels like I’m watching CNN watch the news. Please, just take an hour. Figure out what you want to say, then go on the air. But whenever I turn you guys on, it feels like a little kid just ran in the room and is trying to tell you a story. You’re just like, “There’s a wall! $1.4 billion! Paul Ryan?!” Breathe! Take a minute! Drink some milk! Then tell us the story, Wolf."

Samantha Bee takes on CNN and Rachel Maddow

UK1996

PostPosted: 05/02/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all due respect, name calling isn't going to help when it comes to getting people to look and try to understand your beliefs. I'm not saying it doesn't happen on both sides. We need to come together as Americans and try to understand different viewpoints than our own. Something else in general people need to do is research the candidates, and not vote down party lines.
For the most part people seem to be married to the idea that if you agree with a political party on one issue you have to agree with all the issues. That is not the case.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: