RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 04/22/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The transactions page lists Peters as being waived. Was she under contract and they basically paid her off to be waived?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/17 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Devereaux Peters is having hip surgery and will miss the 2017 season. Peters and the Fever are expected to reach a contract separation agreement, at which point she will be released by the team.

Is anyone else confused by this "contract separation agreement" which is a new term being thrown out there, rather than just suspending her for the season?

They bought her out.

You can't suspend someone for getting injured.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Devereaux Peters is having hip surgery and will miss the 2017 season. Peters and the Fever are expected to reach a contract separation agreement, at which point she will be released by the team.

Is anyone else confused by this "contract separation agreement" which is a new term being thrown out there, rather than just suspending her for the season?

They bought her out.

As far as I know you can suspend for them for getting injured overseas.
Why do think Miller is struggling with the Ogwumike decision?

Of course, Ogwumike is on the rookie contract which probably holds less guarantees than whatever Peters had.

I wish there some clarification. On her twitter she says she'll "be back and ready to go next season". Back with the Fever? Has she agreed not to sign with another team?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/22/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That used to be my refrain, but you essentially can these days. It's what Connecticut have been doing with Hightower, for example. Although exactly what you can do may depend on when the injury is supposed to have originated.

The 'contract separation agreement' is the same divorce agreement we've seen plenty of times before. If someone has guaranteed money and you want to waive them, you either have to swallow the whole balance of the contract or work out a buyout figure with the player. They worked out a buyout. Assuming Peters clears waivers, she'll be an unrestricted free agent.

PostPosted: 04/26/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996

PostPosted: 04/26/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could someone claim Peters and then suspend her for the season? Would she have to agree to this?

PostPosted: 04/26/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Could someone claim Peters and then suspend her for the season? Would she have to agree to this?

As far as I understand the rules, 1) yes, and 2) no. But according to the .com's Transactions page, she was waived on the 21st. The length of time you have to claim players differs in the offseason, from what I remember, but I think it may well have passed by now. In which case no one claimed her and she's an unrestricted free agent.

PostPosted: 04/26/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wondering how the Indy girls will do with such a different style of coach. I've never been impressed with Pokey's x's and o's, whereas that was where Dunn and White were good. Actually I've never been impressed with Pokey as a coach. So we shall see how she does with a whole new group.

- Amanda Gorman
LFO

PostPosted: 04/26/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought all players are supposed to wear Adidas shoes and apparel unless they have separate shoe deal. All players are Nike? Haire? In NY we get fined by league fashion police.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/26/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LFO wrote:
Thought all players are supposed to wear Adidas shoes and apparel unless they have separate shoe deal. All players are Nike? Haire? In NY we get fined by league fashion police.

If the Adidas contract (wear Adidas or cover up competing shoe logos) applies to practice,they had better call the league office. It could be that they both forgot about practice photos and videos when they wrote the contract. But if these players all intend to wear their Nikes covered up in the game (seems like you would want to have a consistent shoe), that really kills the value of a sneaker deal for Adidas.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/30/17 4:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan

PostPosted: 04/30/17 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 05/01/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 WNBA Preview: Can Indiana Fever thrive without Tamika Catchings?

http://summitthoops.com/2017/04/30/dallas-wings-cut-kesley-lang-and-kalani-purcell/

Quote:
“Our team is really balanced,” January said. “We have people that are capable of filling it up every night.”

Quote:
“I felt like I lost it [an attack mentality] a little last year,” said January. “Being aggressive in transition, pushing the ball. I wasn’t really looking for my shot.”

Helping to soften the blow of losing Catchings will be Dupree. She’s not just an efficient scorer who’s averaged 14.7 points per game on 50.3 percent shooting in her 11-year career with Chicago and Phoenix. She’s also a leader who won the WNBA title with Phoenix in 2014.

Quote:
Through the draft, the Fever added forwards Erica McCall (Stanford) and Ronni Williams (Florida), and guards Feyonda Fitzgerald (Temple) and Adrienne Motley (Miami). McCall should fit in instantly as a tough, defensive-minded player.

Quote:
January said their biggest areas for improvement are cleaning up transition defense and rebounding, where they were at the bottom of the league last year. Chatman agrees and said she’s not going come in and change what’s worked in Indiana but rather focus on little areas where the Fever can get better.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/01/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455

PostPosted: 05/03/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever waive Shanece McKinney.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/03/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fever waive Shanece McKinney.

Also waive Ronni Williams and Adrienne Motley.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So now they're down to 14. Only two more cuts. Those will be the hardest.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/17 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fitzgerald is going to make the team she seems to be a favorite of pokey. Maculay & The tall short hair blonde chick seemed to be the most ineffective last night. Graves did well with 6 and 6 but still seemed lost at times

PostPosted: 05/07/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Fitzgerald is going to make the team she seems to be a favorite of pokey. Maculay & The tall short hair blonde chick seemed to be the most ineffective last night. Graves did well with 6 and 6 but still seemed lost at times

I think the short hair blond is probably Colhado. Was with the Dream a while back, but didn't do much.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/17 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever down to 14 players. Last cuts should be Colhado & Macaulay.

PG: January/Fitzgerald
SG: Mitchell/Wheeler/Pohlen
SF: Coleman/Johnson
PF: Dupree/McCall/Graves
C: Larkins/Achonwa

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fever down to 14 players. Last cuts should be Colhado & Macaulay.

PG: January/Fitzgerald
SG: Mitchell/Wheeler/Pohlen
SF: Coleman/Johnson
PF: Dupree/McCall/Graves
C: Larkins/Achonwa

Forgot to mention wheeler got hurt last night dont know the extent happned right in front of me but i did not see it lol. Pokey had to come over. She did not return either...dont think it was too serious but the game had to be stopped for a few mintues in the 4th.

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's my Fever roster proposal from 4/15/17. This was before Lucas and Peters were ruled out for 2017

January/Wheeler/Fitzgerald
Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Lucas
Dupree/Peters/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

So now it just becomes a simple matter of replacing Lucas with Pohlen

Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Pohlen-Mavunga
Dupree/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

If it were me, I'd be keeping an eye on the waiver wire or FA list for somebody better than Pohlen, but the Fever organization probably feels some loyalty towards her.

If the Liberty were to cut LAllen, I could see where the Fever might replace Fitzgerald with Allen for the ND connection. But Pokey gets attached to her guards, and maybe she's attached to Fitzgerald after two weeks. Probably even calls her "Fitz".

I'm sorry, but I can't write Graves name down, and I though that Colhado would step up more than she showed considering how well she played in the off-season. If I'm the Fever, I'm definitely grabbing somebody from the waiver/FA list for that 5th post spot. Bulgak? A little Canadian connection with Achonwa, but I suppose that leaves them thin during the Americas Tournament if Bulgak is on the Canadian national team. Minnesota will be cutting somebody decent. Hamson's already out there. Fever should be popping tags.

Last edited by Shades on 05/07/17 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Graves will at least be on the roster for opening day. For defense, the Fever should look at picking up Hamson.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Here's my Fever roster proposal from 4/15/17. This was before Lucas and Peters were ruled out for 2017

Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Lucas
Dupree/Peters/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Pohlen-Muvanga
Dupree/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

If it were me, I'd be keeping an eye on the waiver wire or FA list for somebody better than Pohlen, but the Fever organization probably feels some loyalty towards her.

If the Liberty were to cut LAllen, I could see where the Fever might replace Fitzgerald with Allen for the ND connection. But Pokey gets attached to her guards, and maybe she's attached to Fitzgerald after two weeks. Probably even calls her "Fitz".

I'm sorry, but I can't write Graves name down, and I though that Colhado would step up more than she showed considering how well she played in the off-season. If I'm the Fever, I'm definitely grabbing somebody from the waiver/FA list for that 5th post spot. Bulgak? A little Canadian connection with Achonwa, but I suppose that leaves them thin during the Americas Tournament if Bulgak is on the Canadian national team. Minnesota will be cutting somebody decent. Hamson's already out there. Fever should be popping tags.

This 100% true. I loved her freshmen yr at Tennessee but she failed to get better the way i thought she would.

PostPosted: 05/07/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Lucas
Dupree/Peters/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

Johnson/Mitchell
Coleman/Pohlen-Muvanga
Dupree/McCall
Larkins/Achonwa

This 100% true. I loved her freshmen yr at Tennessee but she failed to get better the way i thought she would.

Not her fault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: