RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Plum May Not Play This Year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are the Plum-Crazies going to take over for the Hammonites and stuff that ASG ballot box?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/22/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Are the Plum-Crazies going to take over for the Hammonites and stuff that ASG ballot box?

Yes! Twisted Evil

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/22/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Harrison is going to be the surprise post for SA, maybe she will start at the PF spot, or she will get decent minutes off the bench backing up both post spots. Either way I think she takes a step forward and becomes a decent player for the team in the future.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Harrison was an underrated addition for them too. She's reasonably athletic and mobile, which should in theory make her a good fit on a team with 3 guards, two of whom are going to pass the ball well.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yes! Twisted Evil

If she's in the ASG, the arena will likely sell out. Razz

Angus24

PostPosted: 04/23/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sure hope you folks are right about Harrison. Didn't she come to SAS in the DRob trade with the Mercury? I thought the trade was lopsided at the time but evidently or maybe Riley thought she was a good deal.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/23/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yes! Twisted Evil

I hope you're right, but history suggests that college loyalty doesn't necessarily extend to the WNBA level.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yes! Twisted Evil

I hope you're right, but history suggests that college loyalty doesn't necessarily extend to the WNBA level.

Or, put another way, interest in NCAA WBB doesn't necessarily extend to the WNBA. There are people on the NCAA board here who have little to no interest in the WNBA.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/23/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
ClayK wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yes! Twisted Evil

Or, put another way, interest in NCAA WBB doesn't necessarily extend to the WNBA. There are people on the NCAA board here who have little to no interest in the WNBA.

It goes both ways. No one cared about Becky Hammon in college or had even heard of her. Yet she became a religious cult goddess in the last half of her WNBA career.
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/23/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
ClayK wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yes! Twisted Evil

I'm pretty confident that her presence would bring a big audience in Seattle....even of people who don't follow the W.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/23/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It'll probably mostly depend on what we're counting as a 'sell out'. If it's the lower bowl that they usually use, they might get close regardless of Plum; if they open up the whole place even her presence would probably make it a stretch.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:
ClayK wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yes! Twisted Evil

It goes both ways. No one cared about Becky Hammon in college or had even heard of her. Yet she became a religious cult goddess in the last half of her WNBA career.

I don't think that demonstrates that people who follow the WNBA don't follow college. Becky Hammon played for Colorado State. Had she played for one of the powers that get national attention like Tennessee or UConn, or even in a Big 5 conference, she would have had a large amount of college fans as well. Although, having said that, I do see people here who are frequent posters on the WNBA board, and have little to no presence on the college board.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/26/17 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scoring, passing... and quarterbacking skills!@Kelseyplum10 delivered gifts to her new fans in San Antonio at the @Spurs game #NBAPlayoffs

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/857247932923424768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fwnba%2Fstatus%2F857247932923424768

hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/26/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Scoring, passing... and quarterbacking skills!@Kelseyplum10 delivered gifts to her new fans in San Antonio at the @Spurs game #NBAPlayoffs

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/857247932923424768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fwnba%2Fstatus%2F857247932923424768

I was just about to post about this. Check out one of her throws slowed down and from an upper vantage point. She has solid mechanics.
https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10155028004521006/
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I normally dont do this but has anyone else noticed how HOTTTTT Kelsey Plum is Shocked Cool #KFP !!!!! the New PFT Laughing

PostPosted: 04/27/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I normally dont do this but has anyone else noticed how HOTTTTT Kelsey Plum is Shocked Cool #KFP !!!!! the New PFT Laughing

Plum is nice looking. Should help with her endorsements.

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

I was just about to post about this. Check out one of her throws slowed down and from an upper vantage point. She has solid mechanics.
https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10155028004521006/

And from ESPN Sport Science:
https://twitter.com/Sport_science/status/857694982919962624
Quote:
ESPN Sport Science Retweeted SportsCenter
.@Kelseyplum10's arm hits a peak angular velocity of ≈1800 deg/sec, which IS on par with a QB's throwing motion... 🚀💪 #justsaying @espnW

tfan

PostPosted: 04/29/17 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/29/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with saying that a woman is smoking hot with guns. Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/01/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do y'all think Kelsey Plum's rocket arm will bring her as much notoriety as B. Griner's dunking?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: