RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Spring commitments and late signings for 2017-18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ridor wrote:
I'm curious - where will Destiny Slocum go? Gonzaga? Oregon? Oregon State? UCLA? Washington?

And I see that ODU got 6'5 commit from Maryland. Historically, ODU has better recruiting in nabbing tall players from Maryland than Virginia does. That really frustrated me to no end.

I noticed that Virginia's Boyle is pretty much stoic person, and it makes recruiting much harder (And some UVA fans felt that Boyle's adoption saga from Africa which took months has harmed her from having good rapport with her players and caused half-dozen players to transfer or leave as well as her inability to recruit at that time). I'm hoping that the Taylor-Meredith duo will do some tricks in picking better players for Virginia sooner or the team is going to struggle next year to an extent.

R-

My guess, based on nothing, is UCLA. Washington State is probably actually closest to home, so maybe that's in the mix.

Washington would make sense, but I can't see Oregon, as Sabrina Ionescu needs (and wants) the ball in her hands, as Slocum does. I don't see that as a good fit.

Shes following Coach Close , Jeff Walz & Charlie Turner-Thorne on twitter so pac 12 seems to be likely unless Jeff walz can pull off magic in which so far this offseason doesnt seem like a good thing .

If she goes to Louisville, we'll certainly know that her stated reason for transferring wasn't real.

+1 , would be crazy for her to join transfer central also after stating she wanted to be close to home Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/24/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OTOH, how many calls do you think she got from east coast coaches after saying she was homesick? I'm sure Walz wasn't the only one.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 04/26/17 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Destiny Littleton now commits to Texas after getting release from So. Cal.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/26/15431558/destiny-littleton-commits-texas-ncaaw

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/26/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/26/15431558/destiny-littleton-commits-texas-ncaaw

Texas will have 10 Macdonalds All Americans on the team next year, I think that's the most ever on one team at one time. Loaded Team but it's only one ball, will wait to see how this all works out.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/05/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UC-Riverside has added 6'1 F Daphne Gnago from France. She played on the French Junior National Team and graduates from Insep France (Lycee Marcelinho Bethelot) in Paris with an emphasis in science.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

Texas will have 10 Macdonalds All Americans on the team next year, I think that's the most ever on one team at one time. Loaded Team but it's only one ball, will wait to see how this all works out.

I believe Texas is in the same position as South Carolina was up until this year. Right now they just have to get over the hump to the final four.

PostPosted: 05/10/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illinois signs Athanasia (Nancy) Panagiotopoulou, 6'3 F, from Athens, Greece (Amerian Comunity School of Athens), for the 2017-18 season.

PostPosted: 05/12/17 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Illinois signs Athanasia (Nancy) Panagiotopoulou, 6'3 F, from Athens, Greece (Amerian Comunity School of Athens), for the 2017-18 season.

Phew! Thank goodness she's not going to a team with much chance at televised games, given a name like that. Razz

PostPosted: 06/19/17 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ODU has signed Victoria Morris, 5'7 combo G from North College Hills in Cincinnati, for the 2017-18 season. Nikki McCray-Penson making some strides to repair her much-depleted team, which was devastated by transfers and recommitments after Karen Barefoot's departure.

PostPosted: 07/27/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missouri adds Emmanuelle Tahane, a 6'1" W out of France who has particiapted on a umber of TeenFrance Fiba teams.

PrideFan

PostPosted: 08/18/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hofstra announced 2 more 2017 commits today. Not surprisingly, like most of HU's recruits recently, both are internationals (Norway and Romania), although one is a JUCO transfer.

http://www.gohofstra.com/news/2017/8/18/womens-basketball-wbb-hofstra-adds-two-recruits-to-incoming-class.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: