RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/26/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I like Russell,but with her injury history(feet) she's no guarantee.

Maybe not specifically Russell but anyone 1-14 next year could be a better pro than ahkator tbh

PostPosted: 04/26/17 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Maybe not specifically Russell but anyone 1-14 next year could be a better pro than ahkator tbh

Of course they "could be" better,but that Remains to be seen....I don't understand why some people are so down on Ahkator.Unlike some of the players in this years/next years draft,She showed up during the tournament:

NCAA Tournament:

14p/23r vs Ohio st
22p/10r vs Belmont

Sec tournament:
24p/11r vs usc(A'Ja Wilson)
23p/9r vs Alabama

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/26/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Of course they "could be" better,but that Remains to be seen....I don't understand why some people are so down on Ahkator.Unlike some of the players in this years/next years draft,She showed up during the tournament:

NCAA Tournament:

14p/23r vs Ohio st
22p/10r vs Belmont

Sec tournament:
24p/11r vs usc(A'Ja Wilson)
23p/9r vs Alabama

your comparing her stats against inferior competition to judge how well she will do in the W> ? Arrow Arrow Im speaking of what ive seen and heard in training camp out in Arlington . the phrase "Deer In Headlights" continues to surface when referring to how shes doing ..

PostPosted: 04/26/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

22p/10r vs Belmont

The center for the Gophers got 29 pts, 5 reb against Belmont.
You got dibs on her for the next draft? Lottery pick, maybe?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

22p/10r vs Belmont

If she put up 24p/11r like Ahkator did against A'Ja Wilson,she's worth a look.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

22p/10r vs Belmont

So do you think Ahkator could put up 24 & 11 against UCONN ? They would be the closest competition at the college level to WNBA play. Oh St doesnt play defense , Belmont...#Swerve , South Carolina she posted 24/11 rebs but dont forget the 4 turnovers in which im sure all were travels because remember " She Never knew a 30 second rule" ever existed (3 seconds) Embarassed

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 04/26/17 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Fred thinks Ahkator is another Sancho Lyttle type late bloomer. Sancho is listed at 6-4, but I think she is 6-2 at best.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember thinking MTSU's 6'0 center looked taller than Evelyn...

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson, Lyttle and Nneka could all jump out of the gym coming out of college. They were hyper-athletic regardless of whether they 'knew how to play' at that point (giving them time to work that out, and a way to compensate for any lack of height). Does Akhator have that kind of athleticism?

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Brunson, Lyttle and Nneka could all jump out of the gym coming out of college. They were hyper-athletic regardless of whether they 'knew how to play' at that point (giving them time to work that out, and a way to compensate for any lack of height). Does Akhator have that kind of athleticism?

She's not nearly as explosive as Nneka but she moves very well laterally and her energy on the glass is reminiscent of Brunson's.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe Fred thinks Ahkator is another Sancho Lyttle type late bloomer. Sancho is listed at 6-4, but I think she is 6-2 at best.

Trouble is the 2017 late bloomers will get flushed out by the 2018 early bloomers

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I remember thinking MTSU's 6'0 center looked taller than Evelyn...

Alysha Clark? Cool

zune69

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

22p/10r vs Belmont

So do you think Ahkator could put up 24 & 11 against UCONN ? They would be the closest competition at the college level to WNBA play. Oh St doesnt play defense , Belmont...#Swerve , South Carolina she posted 24/11 rebs but dont forget the 4 turnovers in which im sure all were travels because remember " She Never knew a 30 second rule" ever existed (3 seconds) Embarassed

If Ahkator dropped 24/11 on a 6'5 A'Ja wilson,i'm pretty sure she'd put up solid numbers against uconn's 6'0,6'2 & 6'3 frontline.Billings from ucla dropped 17p/16r on uconn.Akhator is a similar type player.Why are we even talking about uconn ?....they lost in the semifinals to MSST.

Can't wait till the season starts.Ahkator will silence her critics.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/26/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she was surrounded by other WNBA talent, then sure she could put up those numbers against UConn. I don't even understand the comparison.

I also don't understand what Russell has to do with anything. Last time I looked "we'll pass and use our choice next year" wasn't an option. You draft who you can draft each year.

There's probably some mid first round players next year I'd rather have than this year's first selection too.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/26/17 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
[Liz Cambage will] head over to the States to visit WNBA side Dallas Wings soon, the club that has her rights and Aussie AFLW revelation Erin Phillips, and she does want to play in America again.
"I think I should give it another crack," she said.
"Tulsa was a bit rough … it wasn’t the best of times but I would like to play in the WNBA again."

Opals star Liz Cambage to make WNBL return, signs with Melbourne Boomers

PostPosted: 04/26/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry Luuc. That's about 25 days too late. Nice try. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose by "soon" Cambage means next year and not this year. Next year is Worlds though... so how much time off would she need? If Cambage is managing to stay in shape through all her partying, that could be huge for Dallas.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/17 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas Wings rookie Kaela Davis talks 'juggling act' of transition to WNBA, finishing South Carolina degree

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/04/26/dallas-wings-rookie-kaela-davis-talks-juggling-act-transition-wnba-finishing-south-carolina-degree

Quote:
What has your first impression of training camp been so far?
Davis: "It's fun, you know what I mean? It's a really, really fun team. I just love how motivated they are."

Quote:
What has been the biggest difference so far from college to the WNBA?
Davis: "I think just the physicality and there's a lot of rule changes that are little rule changes that are kind of ticky tack. It's adjusting to the rules, the 3-point line and the court seems huge and things like that. Obviously just the speed and quickness and like I said just the physicality that everyone plays with."

Quote:
Any player will have struggles adjusting to the professional life. How does having your former teammate Gray here help with the transition?
Davis: "It's so helpful just to see a familiar face and have somebody to kind of bounce things off of."

Quote:
When you're not on the court, what do you do with your free time?
Davis: "Well, my car just got here and all my stuff was in my car. So my TV just got here and all that good stuff. But I've just been exploring a little bit."

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/26/17 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't have an opinion on Akhator overall. I saw her in the 2nd tier of posts in this draft below Coates and B. Jones late first to mid 2nd round. For the detractors just pretend Davis was drafted at #3 and Akhator at #10 and then it is not so bad.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/27/17 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I really don't have an opinion on Akhator overall. I saw her in the 2nd tier of posts in this draft below Coates and B. Jones late first to mid 2nd round. For the detractors just pretend Davis was drafted at #3 and Akhator at #10 and then it is not so bad.

Jones seems like she can be a decent scoring post option in this league, but her defense could leave a lot to be desired, if you already have a defensive liability in Paris not sure rotate Jones in would have been the best move. Coates is a little overrated to me, she never really added anything to her game and seeing as she had a hard time guarding the high post in college, I think she'll struggle a bit defending the pick and roll.
zune69

PostPosted: 04/27/17 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz can stay
Shades wrote:
I suppose by "soon" Cambage means next year and not this year. Next year is Worlds though... so how much time off would she need? If Cambage is managing to stay in shape through all her partying, that could be huge for Dallas.

Hopefully Liz stays injury free when she returns to the league.I've always had my doubts about her durability,and how much physical contact her body could withstand over a period of time.Liz has suffered 2-3 injuries that have caused her to miss a significant amount of time.Liz also had a clause in her chinese contract that terminated her deal if she got hurt playing in the WNBA.I believe this has been the biggest factor in her avoidance of the wnba,and I don't blame her one bit....$500 - 800k...vs... $50-100k....plus she gets to stay home during the summer.That being said,if healthy,Liz has the talent to be a top 3 center,all-star,and MVP candidate.She would be a great addition to the dallas roster.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Wouldn't the Dallas brass know the actual heights of the players they draft? I would think that all the GMs would.

They'd probably have to take them themselves since I doubt the schools keep separate "actual height" records and probably never even made the measurement. I wonder how many teams meet with players before the draft. I haven't heard about it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:

Wouldn't the Dallas brass know the actual heights of the players they draft? I would think that all the GMs would.

They'd probably have to take them themselves since I doubt the schools keep separate "actual height" records and probably never even made the measurement. I wonder how many teams meet with players before the draft. I haven't heard about it.

right i know some teams do workouts with some of the kids and talk over the phone before hand but i dont know if all teams do so .

PostPosted: 04/27/17 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
They need a vet in the backcourt. Ajavon for Chong. Smile

folks steady trying to unload Ajavon on teams... hecky no...!

Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/27/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Randy wrote:
They need a vet in the backcourt. Ajavon for Chong. Smile

folks steady trying to unload Ajavon on teams... hecky no...!

Laughing

OHHHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO #MAYAWILKES Laughing Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 14 of 36

Jump to: