RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Prahalis to retire?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/24/17 8:32 pm    ::: Prahalis to retire? Reply Reply with quote

http://www.newsday.com/sports/women-s-sports/commack-s-samantha-prahalis-95-percent-sure-she-s-retiring-1.13516449

Quote:
I’m not 100 percent, but I’m like 95 percent sure that I’m retired

PostPosted: 04/24/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought she been retired

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/25/17 5:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deciding that W job isn't coming so its not worth the stress of going overseas...good for her...glad she made that decision and decided to move on. Certainly one of the most talked about W players that's for sure. Nothing but the best for her

PostPosted: 04/25/17 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's only one person who cares. Lol

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/17 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Laughing i was thinking exactly the same

PostPosted: 04/25/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

I care. If Prahalis could have done whatever it was she needed to do to become a rotation player in the WNBA, she would have helped the league and women's basketball because of her charisma and style of play.

It's not like the game is swimming in talented players who combine style and substance.

PostPosted: 04/25/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I care. If Prahalis could have done whatever it was she needed to do to become a rotation player in the WNBA, she would have helped the league and women's basketball because of her charisma and style of play.

It's not like the game is swimming in talented players who combine style and substance.

The league has had players with charisma who were good in the past and the league is still where it's at and it will always be regardless if a player like Prahalis was in the league or not.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/25/17 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally liked her that year in Phoenix. For a rookie PG, she showed a lot of potential. Not sure what happened to her - if it became a personality thing, her shot didn't improve, or she wasn't teachable or, or, or... I was surprised when Phoenix waived her and surprised when she didn't stick somewhere, though NY was certainly not a good fit.

But I think she's had a career in Europe for a few years anyway.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/17 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I personally liked her that year in Phoenix. For a rookie PG, she showed a lot of potential. Not sure what happened to her - if it became a personality thing, her shot didn't improve, or she wasn't teachable or, or, or... I was surprised when Phoenix waived her and surprised when she didn't stick somewhere, though NY was certainly not a good fit.

wasnt she ROY >? Or Runner up that year DT sat out ?

PostPosted: 04/25/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Well then.... you should be mourning the loss of Schimmel, who you never seemed to like.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/25/17 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

After being a starter as a rookie, I don't think she was too amenable to PHX putting their 5 best players as starters.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She won Rookie of the Month once and made the All Rookie team. I don't know if she was second place for ROY. Maybe pilight has the numbers.

Last edited by Shades on 04/25/17 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She tied for second in ROY voting with Glory Johnson. Nneka Ogwumike won the award by a wide margin.

PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She tied for second in ROY voting with Glory Johnson. Nneka Ogwumike won the award by a wide margin.

Thanks Shades & Pilight , well good company to be surrounded by . Prahalis was serviceable & that is all

PostPosted: 04/25/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Well then.... you should be mourning the loss of Schimmel, who you never seemed to like.

I feel the same way about Schimmel. I think the difference is I felt Schimmel had the talent to succeed while I wasn't sure Prahalis had the necessary physical tools.

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see some parallels to Alexis Peterson, except that Prahalis was even more accomplished and decorated in college.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew she was leaning towards this. Actually strongly considering this. This is very sad for a player who is good enough to be a starter in the league EASILY. But teams just would not believe in her for whatever reason. You guys would be shocked as to what actually happened in Phoenix. It was complete BS and I believe a huge factor as to how her career turned out. But she does enjoy working with kids so I hope she is happy in whatever she does. I will always be a huge fan and I'll always believe she could have been a star in the WNBA if she was afforded the chance, which she wasn't.

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
I knew she was leaning towards this. Actually strongly considering this. This is very sad for a player who is good enough to be a starter in the league EASILY. But teams just would not believe in her for whatever reason.

Quote:
You guys would be shocked as to what actually happened in Phoenix. It was complete BS and I believe a huge factor as to how her career turned out.

Could you elaborate ?

Question

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
I knew she was leaning towards this. Actually strongly considering this. This is very sad for a player who is good enough to be a starter in the league EASILY. But teams just would not believe in her for whatever reason.

Quote:
You guys would be shocked as to what actually happened in Phoenix. It was complete BS and I believe a huge factor as to how her career turned out.

Could you elaborate ?

Question

Nope

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I feel the same way about Schimmel. I think the difference is I felt Schimmel had the talent to succeed while I wasn't sure Prahalis had the necessary physical tools.

Schimmel also appears to be able to be a draw on the road for various groups, including Native American ones. Or at least she appeared that way her rookie year, heightened by her ASG MVP Award.

Prahalis did not have that draw.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edit:Not gonna put that out there without facts.

Last edited by zune69 on 04/25/17 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Quote:

Could you elaborate ?

Question

Nope

no wonder Arrow

PostPosted: 04/25/17 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

A. It wouldn't help her or anyone really if I put it out there
B. Sometimes people tell me stuff and I respect that they told me in confidence and won't just post it on a message board for all to see
C. You probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

But I'll just say it was a very unfortunate thing that happened in Phoenix. If she had been drafted to another team I believe she'd be playing in the WNBA today. I can't believe there is not a place in the league for a player as good as her.

Oh well, so now there will be a lady coaching some kids in a gym in New York that could school most of the point guards in the "best league in the world" Laughing

PostPosted: 04/25/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
zune69 wrote:

A. It wouldn't help her or anyone really if I put it out there
B. Sometimes people tell me stuff and I respect that they told me in confidence and won't just post it on a message board for all to see
C. You probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

But I'll just say it was a very unfortunate thing that happened in Phoenix. If she had been drafted to another team I believe she'd be playing in the WNBA today. I can't believe there is not a place in the league for a player as good as her.

Oh well, so now there will be a lady coaching some kids in a gym in New York that could school most of the point guards in the "best league in the world" Laughing

Then why complain about a situation without receipts ? Not to say what your implying is untrue but seems a bit exaggerated without actually knowing what your referring to. Fact or Fiction

PostPosted: 04/25/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No matter what happened, the fact is she is plenty good enough for the WNBA. Short or killing someone I don't see how any player who has the skills to be in the WNBA and is significantly better than many who are currently at her position shouldn't be in the league. But this league is more about politics than skills apparently.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: