RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/23/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K-State women’s basketball player Eternati Willock arrested in Manhattan

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2017-04-23/k-state-women-s-basketball-player-eternati-willock-arrested-manhattan

Quote:
Willock, 19, was arrested at 12:40 a.m. at 1218 Moro Street and charged with criminal trespass and liquor purchase by a minor

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor on Twitter that Beatrice Mompremier is considering the Lady Vols.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

There was a tweet by Raoul suggesting she is considering Miami, Florida State, Tennessee, and Notre Dame.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/23/17 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former ND guard Ali Patberg to transfer to Indiana.

http://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/former-notre-dame-g-ali-patberg-to-reportedly-transfer-to/article_f5e8672a-288d-11e7-b18a-0b10fec961e4.html

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/17 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

This would be Awesome. Mercedes & beatrice downlow . Come on holly make it happen.

PostPosted: 04/24/17 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

This would be Awesome. Mercedes & beatrice downlow . Come on holly make it happen.

Russel is RS Senior next season. Mompremier would have to sit out a year. So them playing together probably won't happen:/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fanaticka wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Russel is RS Senior next season. Mompremier would have to sit out a year. So them playing together probably won't happen:/

Ahh i forget the transfer rules well Kushy & Beatrice would still be a nice combo . Looks like Montpremier just started following Coach Semrau on twitter Embarassed

PostPosted: 04/24/17 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NM

PostPosted: 04/24/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just a bit of stalking of twitter noticed slocum is following Jeff Walz / Cori Close / Charlie Turner-Thorn from a head coach standpoint .

PostPosted: 04/24/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Ummmmmm....Mercedes is graduating after next year and Beatrice couldn't play until the year after......

PostPosted: 04/24/17 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Ummmmmm....Mercedes is graduating after next year and Beatrice couldn't play until the year after......

yeah this was already mentioned by "fanatika" Arrow

PostPosted: 04/24/17 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
fanaticka wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Ahh i forget the transfer rules well Kushy & Beatrice would still be a nice combo . Looks like Montpremier just started following Coach Semrau on twitter Embarassed
and Collins and possibly Nelson-Ododa, and Decosta. If she left Baylor due to a lack of playing time, Tennessee could put her in the same situation.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
fanaticka wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

and Collins and possibly Nelson-Ododa, and Decosta. If she left Baylor due to a lack of playing time, Tennessee could put her in the same situation.

Tennessee will have all those players *MAYBE* as freshmen while Beatrice would be a RS Junior . I doubt she would play behind those players in Holly was interested.

PostPosted: 04/24/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maine freshman F Laia Sole transferring to join sister at Duquesne. Maine also loses G Isabel Hernandez Pepe, who opts for D-II St. Edwards.

PostPosted: 04/26/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Butler leaves UConn for George Mason

https://twitter.com/NHRJimFuller/status/857295374368636928

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/26/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

no suprise...

PostPosted: 04/26/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

no suprise...

No loss either.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/26/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

Surprises me, although I can understand it from her point of view.

Butler was the the highest rated player on UConn this season in rebounds per 40 minutes and in rebound percentage. She was also fifth in points per 40 minutes.

If Azurá Stevens, an unproven transfer, starts next season, UConn without Butler will have no bench player over 6-2.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/26/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm always sad to see kids throw away a tremendous educational opportunity like this.

Smart girl getting a free blue chip Georgetown degree, trades that for an unrealistic dream of pro basketball stardom at UConn, comes crashing back to earth with neither pro basketball prospects nor an elite education at George Mason. What a waste.

Where were her parents during all of this?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/26/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I'm always sad to see kids throw away a tremendous educational opportunity like this.

Smart girl getting a free blue chip Georgetown degree, trades that for an unrealistic dream of pro basketball stardom at UConn, comes crashing back to earth with neither pro basketball prospects nor an elite education at George Mason. What a waste.

George Mason is not a bad school. Maybe not quite up to Georgetown, but not East Jesus Tech either. Still nothing to snirl your nose up at. Their women's basketball team, however *sigh*

PostPosted: 04/27/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Exactly. And some of the recent Duke transfers are in the same boat.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/27/17 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-natalie-butler-conn-women-1020-20141019-story.html

Butler left Georgetown after the coach she had signed with was forced to quit early in her freshman season due to complaints of unprofessional conduct and inappropriate language from some of the players.

Quote:
"But things happened and I stayed, which turned out to be fine since I felt it necessary to be loyal to my teammates," Butler said. "But the situation didn't get better during the school year, and when I finally got my release [from Georgetown], it was hardest decision I've ever had to make in my life to leave."

A family friend told Shea Ralph that Butler was available and Auriemma studied film on her and asked around and decided he wanted her.

Quote:
"Once I made the decision to transfer, the stars just immediately aligned," Butler said. "UConn called and I can't tell you how thankful I am to have this opportunity to play for Coach Auriemma."

Auriemma likely misjudged how much she would contribute, but she got to play a little bit of a role on an undefeated national championship team (played 12 minutes a game and in all 6 NCAA tournament games). Most elite basketball players choose their school based on the historical quality of the basketball team, not on how "blue chip" the education is. They spend much of their free time before college playing basketball, not preparing for a career as an engineer. And the real degree to be concerned about with regard to "blue chip" is the masters degree or other advanced degree. Someone said that the red-shirt year is tuition free. If so, transferring gave Butler a year of free grad school.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Maine freshman F Laia Sole transferring to join sister at Duquesne. Maine also loses G Isabel Hernandez Pepe, who opts for D-II St. Edwards.

Isn't that Taj McWilliams-Franklin's alma mater?? Shocked

PostPosted: 04/27/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Most elite basketball players choose their school based on the historical quality of the basketball team, not on how "blue chip" the education is. They spend much of their free time before college playing basketball, not preparing for a career as an engineer.

And you make this remarkably ignorant and condescending conclusion based on what exactly?

Oh that's right. You just pulled it out of your ass.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/27/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Most elite basketball players choose their school based on the historical quality of the basketball team, not on how "blue chip" the education is. They spend much of their free time before college playing basketball, not preparing for a career as an engineer.

And you make this remarkably ignorant and condescending conclusion based on what exactly?

Oh that's right. You just pulled it out of your ass.

I would agree with tfan, having worked with high school girls' basketball players for many decades.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 12 of 27

Jump to: