RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

San Antonio Stars 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/18/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Harrison, Alexander, De Souza or Dos Santos are getting cut so it leaves all other posts competing for one spot or trying to become SFs.

Has Colson signed on yet? (Hopefully she come back because you need a back up PG, I wonder if this is where Schimmel or L. Allen or Alston end up if/when they are cut by NY?)

I would still start Plum on the bench but if you start Plum with Jefferson and McBride you've got something like this

Jefferson
Plum/Currie/*
McBride/Coffey/**
Harrison/Dos Santos/***
Alexander/De Souza

* Gwathmey/Montgomery/Hodges
** Peters/Hamby/C. Williams/Holmes
***Bulgak/Baugh/Nunn/(Hamby)

or someone off the waiver wire at guard NY, LA and Chi might be cutting a decent back up guard or two

Angus24

PostPosted: 04/19/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dos Santos and Harrison are both listed as centers on the SAS roster if that means anything. Time for Hamby to step up and really produce at the 4. If that doesn't happen I hope Coffey will be really good at the 4. Anybody know if Jefferson will be back from overseas when camp opens?

toad455

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, dos Santos played mostly PF with Chicago last season with Parker as the backup center. I think, as of now, she's the Stars' starter at PF. Harrison can also play both the 4 & 5.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
For what it's worth, dos Santos played mostly PF with Chicago last season with Parker as the backup center.

Well, mostly Dos Santos sat on the bench. People seem awfully convinced of her usefulness thanks to a couple of decent playoff games. Maybe Pokey's rotation was just stupid last season (very definitely a possibility), but she's an undersized post who shot 34% last season in under 10mpg. Might not want to get too excited.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This will be the most interesting to watch as Plum needs the ball in her hands and how do you take the ball out of Jeffersons hands.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
For what it's worth, dos Santos played mostly PF with Chicago last season with Parker as the backup center.

Well, mostly Dos Santos sat on the bench. People seem awfully convinced of her usefulness thanks to a couple of decent playoff games. Maybe Pokey's rotation was just stupid last season (very definitely a possibility), but she's an undersized post who shot 34% last season in under 10mpg. Might not want to get too excited.

Amennnnnnnnnnnn Exclamation

PostPosted: 04/19/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not saying dos Santos should be a starter, just she's probably their best option at PF.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dos Santos is toad's real choice for most underrated player Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Angus24

PostPosted: 04/20/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Plum just became a PG her senior year then I assume she was a SG for most of her career. A SG usually has more scoring opportunities than a PG if they both are doing what they are supposed to be doing. So unless they have some big ego thing about being the PG I don't see where there should be a problem with either Plum or Jefferson at PG. I think it very unlikely that Plum will be ready to be the starting PG their first game.

Angus24

PostPosted: 04/21/17 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would guess that Hamby and DeSouza are most likely to start at the 4 and 5. The SAS system demands ball movement, make the extra pass, so I will be surprised if Plum or Jefferson will be ball hogs. I think the SAS roster is now showing 19 or 20 players so there will need to be a lot of cuts and disappointed players.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shae Kelley to San Antonio

Randy

PostPosted: 04/21/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

One nice happy family.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 04/21/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Plum Arrives In San Antonio And Is Excited About The Future

Quote:
The number one pick presented herself as a very excited, classy, and focused young woman, ready to do whatever it takes to achieve her goals.

There might have been some speculation that Plum was not going to be happy with her fit or expectations in San Antonio, but the Kelsey Plum interviewed today seemed very excited for her future in silver and black. When asked about Stars head coach Vickie Johnson and if she felt comfortable playing off the ball as more of a shooting guard, Plum said:

“Her expectations are very clear and she is going to be really hard on me and I’m excited about it."

“Look, I’m going do whatever coach needs me to do. So yeah, I don’t think there is necessarily positions here, I think its just, were going to play, we’re going to roll out the ball and play."

"I know that they’re excited to have me here, I’m excited to be here and there’s nothing but good that can come out of it.”

Podcast from Dishin & Swishin: Kelsey Plum arrives to conquer San Antonio

Quote:
Plum talked about the whirlwind experience of becoming a pro, meeting the people of San Antonio and cracking festival eggs on their heads (video available online, playing defense for one of the great defensive guards in WNBA history (VJ), earning a portion of Mike Neighbors' new paycheck at Arkansas, being a role model and using her voice, and more.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/21/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

One nice happy family.

Live look at Colas and Megdal:

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum has always presented herself with class and been enthused about being a good teammate. QED.

- Amanda Gorman
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/21/17 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad everything appears to be fine for Plum and the Stars. If I were her though, I'd fire her agent. She was partly to blame for the dark cloud so Plum should can her and get a new agent.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Glad everything appears to be fine for Plum and the Stars. If I were her though, I'd fire her agent. She was partly to blame for the dark cloud so Plum should can her and get a new agent.

Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 04/22/17 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/22/17 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look at Plum's arm compared to Coffey. I don't think most people appreciate how strong Kelsey is.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Look at Plum's arm compared to Coffey. I don't think most people appreciate how strong Kelsey is.

I agree. And Plum's lateral movement isn't bad either. She's a rookie so she will have to learn defensively like most rookies. But I think she's a lot better on that end than people realize.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shae Kelley signed a training camp contract yesterday with the Stars.

Angus24

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If camp limit is 15 what do the other 6 or 7 do? Can they sit in the stands and watch? Have to stay home and watch TV ? Have to get at least 20 miles out of town until they are called in ?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

What struck me more was, look at Plum's height compared to Coffey. What do you figure, about 5'5"?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

What struck me more was, look at Plum's height compared to Coffey. What do you figure, about 5'5"?

Maybe Coffey is taller than she's listed? Maybe Coffey wore higher heels? No way Plum sets scoring record at 5'5.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: