RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/20/17 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore F Lauren Yearwood leaving Oregon.

OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 04/20/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm copying this from the coaching thread because it announces Sydney Goodson will transfer from Arizona State.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaab/asu/2017/04/19/briann-january-rejoining-asu-womens-basketball-assistant-coach/100670828/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/20/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Duke's Lynee Belton has ended her basketball career due to injuries.

Duke sophomore retires, facing 7th surgery
Per her Instagram, Duke sophomore Lynee Belton decides to give up basketball after multiple surgeries.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/19/15365766/duke-sophomore-lynee-belton-retires-ncaaw

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/20/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
Duke's Lynee Belton has ended her basketball career due to injuries.

Duke sophomore retires, facing 7th surgery
Per her Instagram, Duke sophomore Lynee Belton decides to give up basketball after multiple surgeries.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/19/15365766/duke-sophomore-lynee-belton-retires-ncaaw

So sad. She never really had a chance with all medical procedures.

Interesting that they list her as a sophomore, as she was in the same class as Azura (2014). The only player remaining from that Duke class is Erin Mathias, as Stevens and Calhoun transferred and now Belton has retired.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/20/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Montana State picks up two transfers from Seton Hall: Claire Lundberg, a 6'1 F from Andover, MN, and Martha Kuderer, a 5'11 F from Eden Prairie, MN. Both will have to sit out a year, after which Lundberg will have one year of eligibility remaining and Kuderer two. Lundberg will be pursuing a dual degree in engineering and physics.

...huh. I never pegged Claire as an engineer. The more you know.

/end digression

(now with spelling variations)
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/21/17 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Montana State picks up two transfers from Seton Hall: Claire Lundberg, a 6'1 F from Andover, MN, and Martha Kuderer, a 5'11 F from Eden Prairie, MN. Both will have to sit out a year, after which Lundberg will have one year of eligibility remaining and Kuderer two. Lundberg will be pursuing a dual degree in engineering and physics.

...huh. I never pegged Claire as an engineer. The more you know.

/end digression

So two players from Minnesota start out in New Jersey and end up in Montana - seems a little different Smile.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/21/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore guard Zhane Templeton has left Gonzaga and transferred to UT Arlington

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexa Middleton leaving Tennessee after semester and looking to transfer

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/21/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Seen it coming , this is a bit of a shock though . But i think she saw what we here and rebby's saw . T'ea cooper , Hayes & Westbrook all ahead of her on the depth chart Embarassed

Any links though ?> Per her twitter nothing has been said about transferring

PostPosted: 04/21/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Link here. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2017/apr/21/breaking-alexa-middleton-transferring-lady-vols/424134/

I have to say that I'm surprised because Alexa only has one year of eligibility left and she seemed to bleed orange. I hope she lands in a good place for her. Maybe academics play a role here also.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/21/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Link here. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2017/apr/21/breaking-alexa-middleton-transferring-lady-vols/424134/

I have to say that I'm surprised because Alexa only has one year of eligibility left and she seemed to bleed orange. I hope she lands in a good place for her. Maybe academics play a role here also.

Well,she can't do SEC, so it will be interesting to see where she ends up. Academics would definitely seem to play a role. She may be considering grad school somewhere.

PostPosted: 04/21/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Well,she can't do SEC, so it will be interesting to see where she ends up. Academics would definitely seem to play a role. She may be considering grad school somewhere.

Why can't she go to an SEC school? The SEC doesn't have extra penalties for transferring within the conference. Did Holly put restrictions on her transfer?

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 04/21/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Would love to see her come to UT-Chattanooga she would fit into this school. They could use her. Best of luck where ever she goes.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/21/17 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Why can't she go to an SEC school? The SEC doesn't have extra penalties for transferring within the conference. Did Holly put restrictions on her transfer?

They don't? My bad. Maybe it's been a matter of courtesy. I suppose if academics are a thing, she could go to Vandy, although going to the basement might be a big drop in more ways than one. I was thinking she might possibly end up at Belmont.

PostPosted: 04/21/17 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mariya Moore is transferring from Louisville.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/21/15227126/mariya-moore-transferring-louisville-ncaaw

There's a rumor that her sister Minyon Moore is weighing her options on whether to stay at Southern Cal.

Last edited by Davis4632 on 04/22/17 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/22/17 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Seen it coming , this is a bit of a shock though . But i think she saw what we here and rebby's saw . T'ea cooper , Hayes & Westbrook all ahead of her on the depth chart Embarassed

"Middleton wanted to make it clear that the possibility of reduced playing time did not affect her decision.

“That recruiting class had nothing to do with why I left,” Middleton said. “I feel confident in my abilities. People are going to think that they know everything. People always have their opinions. That had nothing to do with my decision.” "

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2017/04/21/alexa-middleton-leaving-lady-vols/100758090/

She's Tenn's most experienced PG and best 3-point shooter. While they're undoubtedly more athletic, I don't see a couple of freshmen and a still-unproven soph ahead of her on the depth chart. Inexperience gets exposed pretty quickly in the SEC, not to mention Tenn's OOC schedule.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/22/17 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Mariya Moore is transferring from Louisville.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/21/15227126/mariya-moore-transferring-louisville-ncaaw

There's a rumor that her Minyon Moore is weighing her options on whether to stay at Southern Cal.

Big...i swear college is becoming more and more like the pros. Shocked

PostPosted: 04/22/17 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see the sister staying at USC with the Trakh hire and the older joining her. Trakh is a very likable coach, USC should have kept him first time around.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/22/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I could see the sister staying at USC with the Trakh hire and the older joining her. Trakh is a very likable coach, USC should have kept him first time around.

I actually know the Moore family a little (coached Minyon in a couple summer league games when she was in middle school) and I would think a reunion somewhere is very likely -- and I'd bet on USC. But you know Cal would love to bring them home to the East Bay.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moving from USC to Cal would hurt Minyan. Last I looked, a transfer within the PAC-12 could cost her a year of eligibility in addition to having to sit out a transfer year.

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what it means Minyon is open to contact. Does that mean she's been fully released? Oh her Twitter page, she still has USC all over the place and she was pictured with the team giving the V symbol with Trakh and also beaming a huge smile.

So is she looking for a better offer? A package deal?

~UK~

PostPosted: 04/22/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Briana Jones is leaving Louisville.

Per @Raoul_000 Louisville WBB signed 5 players in both 2014 and 2015. Both classes have now had 3 transfer out. The 2015 class was ranked #2 by espnW.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/22/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:

Per @Raoul_000 Louisville WBB signed 5 players in both 2014 and 2015. Both classes have now had 3 transfer out. The 2015 class was ranked #2 by espnW.

Wats going on in kentucky? Jeff walz & Matty both stuggling to keep recruits. Whos next Asia Durr?

PostPosted: 04/23/17 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ciera Johnson, a 6'4" Fr out of Duncanville Tx is also leaving Louisville.

~UK~

PostPosted: 04/23/17 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
~UK~ wrote:

Wats going on in kentucky? Jeff walz & Matty both stuggling to keep recruits. Whos next Asia Durr?

Walz uses a the recruiting method of throw enough at the wall & see what sticks. Looks good initially but this is what happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 11 of 27

Jump to: