Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 04/17/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I didnt see the game from UMMC for the 3rd place. Did Taurasi play?

five minutes in the first half. She made a couple of quick baskets then disappeared. I didn't see when/what happened.

I watched it to see how Dupree is looking for the Fever (good is the answer haha). She got knocked by Xargay, fell and grimaced when she got up, and kept playing until she was subbed out and went back to the lockerroom. The camera showed her back on the bench at some point in the 3rd Quarter but she didn't play again.

chadb

PostPosted: 04/18/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Mercury Twitter:

Phoenix Mercury‏Verified account @PhoenixMercury 16h16 hours ago

One-of-a-kind announcement coming today at 5pm. First to find out will be fans with the Mercury App. Don’t miss out! Download your app NOW!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/18/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
From Mercury Twitter:

Phoenix Mercury‏Verified account @PhoenixMercury 16h16 hours ago

One-of-a-kind announcement coming today at 5pm. First to find out will be fans with the Mercury App. Don’t miss out! Download your app NOW!

That was the Brondello announcement yesterday (about Sandy being the new Opals coach).

mb1

PostPosted: 04/19/17 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 PHOENIX MERCURY PRE-TRAINING CAMP ROSTER:

PG: DANIELLE ROBINSON, LEILANI MITCHELL, Yvonne Turner
SG: DIANA TAURASI, Alex HARDEN, Shay MURPHY
SF: STEPHANIE TALBOT, Alexis PRINCE, Sophie Bruner, Danielle McCray
PF: CAMILLE LITTLE, Emma CANNON, Katherine Plouffe
C: BRITNEY GRINER, CAYLA GEORGE, Jillian ALLEYNE

NOTES:
Positions are interchangeable.
FIRST AND LAST NAMES IN CAPS DENOTES LOCK.
LAST NAME ONLY IN CAPS DENOTES LIKELY TO MAKE FINAL ROSTER.
Name in lower case denotes training camp player fighting for spot.
Very subject to change.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miah Spencer signed by PHX.

I'm getting a little uncomfortable that PHX is using some of my recommendations: Yvonne Turner, Alexis Prince, and now Spencer.

I don't suppose Spencer has a chance, right?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My attempt to get Spencer on the final roster

Robinson/Mitchell/Spencer - Turner may arrive late giving Spencer a chance to make an early impression. Keep 3 PGs for DRob insurance
Taurasi/Harden
Murphy/Talbot/Prince
Little/George
Griner/Bone

Too much in the G/F area and not enough posts

Weak in SF
Weak in PF
Not tanking?

Drop a SF instead of Alleyne?

How come I'm still feeling a Bone for Langhorne trade?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix Mercury Release Local TV Broadcast Schedule

http://mercury.wnba.com/news/phoenix-mercury-release-local-tv-broadcast-schedule/

Quote:
Phoenix Mercury today announced its 2017 local television broadcast schedule, which will allow fans to view eight regular season games on the team’s exclusive local television partner, FOX Sports Arizona, or FOX Sports Arizona Plus. Between the local broadcasts and two nationally-televised games on ESPN2, the Mercury will be on television 10 times in 2017 (six home, four road), and the team’s remaining 11 home games will air via WNBA League Pass, the WNBA’s exclusive streaming service available on WNBA.com and PhoenixMercury.com.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/20/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune

PostPosted: 04/20/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
My attempt to get Spencer on the final roster

Robinson/Mitchell/Spencer - Turner may arrive late giving Spencer a chance to make an early impression. Keep 3 PGs for DRob insurance
Taurasi/Harden
Murphy/Talbot/Prince
Little/George
Griner/Bone

Too much in the G/F area and not enough posts

Weak in SF
Weak in PF
Not tanking?

Drop a SF instead of Alleyne?

How come I'm still feeling a Bone for Langhorne trade?

I might drop a SF, but probably more inclined to drop a PG because Diana can fill in there if needed.

PostPosted: 04/20/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't think Bone will be playing this year...taking the year off.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/21/17 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:

any links ? I follow her on twitter waiting for her to annouce . This could hurt her in the future , idk what galaxy she lives on but shes not Diana or Angel . This could spell the end of her WNBA career if or once shes forgotten.

PostPosted: 04/21/17 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:

Taking the year off, or getting out of sight so people can forget her tendency to say the kinds of things that set bridges on fire?

(now with spelling variations)
Shades

PostPosted: 04/25/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix Mercury turns page with roster transformation

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2017/04/24/phoenix-mercury-turns-page-roster-transformation/306158001/

Quote:
Retired Penny Taylor is now director of player development. DeWanna Bonner is expecting her first child and out this season. Candice Dupree was traded.

Quote:
Nine of 17 on the training-camp roster participated in Monday's practice, run by assistant coach Julie Hairgrove. The others still are playing overseas and will be here at the latest by May 8.

Quote:
"I've played against a lot of these players, I've known them for years," Little said. "I'm really excited to be here and looking forward to a great summer. As soon as I knew I was coming, I've been counting down the days to get here."

Couldn't wait to get away from Connecticut Smile

Quote:
Of teaming with 6-9 Griner, Little said, "It's going to be a great dynamic. Now she's not going to be blocking my shot. I'll actually be passing her the ball. Hopefully I can knock some shots down and keep the floor spaced then they can't double BG (Griner). It's going to be a really tough combination to guard."

Quote:
"The biggest thing right now for me is just getting over the mental part," Alleyne said. "That's more than half the battle, just remembering I'm healed and can do everything that I could do before. The biggest thing is continue to build strength in my left leg."

Quote:
"I'm learning a lot every minute," Brunner said. "It's a great opportunity. It's going to be pretty hard to make the team, but I'm just thankful to be here and trying to make it as long as I can."

Weird that they'd rather talk about Brunner than Prince. Homers

Quote:
Mercury training camp

Players in camp: C/F Jillian Alleyne, F Sophie Brunner, G Alex Harden, F Camille Little, F Danielle McCray, F Katherine Plouffe, G Alexis Prince, G Miah Spencer, G Stephanie Talbot.

Players still overseas: F Emma Cannon, F/C Cayla George, C Brittney Griner, G Leilani Mitchell, G Shay Murphy, G Danielle Robinson, G Diana Taurasi, G Yvonne Turner.

Preseason games: at Seattle, May 3; Seattle, May 7.

Regular season opener: Dallas, May 14.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/17 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTUgHcIBxGf/?taken-by=wnbahoopz

I so wish she could play just 1 more year ugh #PFTTTTTTTTTT

PostPosted: 04/26/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:

In other words no one including the Mercury wanted her back so she's trying to pass it off as 'I'm taking the year off' lol.

And about Camille Little counting down the days til she got to PHX, whatever girlfriend, if she had stayed in CT this summer, her Sun team would have had a better winning record than the Mercury are going to have this summer. The Sun also have a much better chance at getting into the playoffs than the Mercury who will bottom out this year. They return two starters, got Little who does, well, very little, a point guard coming off a season ending torn ACL, and a bench full of rookies and nobodies. Lol.

Personally I'm glad the Sun got rid of her. Lynetta Kizer is 50x the player Little is.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/26/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
mb1 wrote:

In other words no one including the Mercury wanted her back so she's trying to pass it off as 'I'm taking the year off' lol.

And about Camille Little counting down the days til she got to PHX, whatever girlfriend, if she had stayed in CT this summer, her Sun team would have had a better winning record than the Mercury are going to have this summer. The Sun also have a much better chance at getting into the playoffs than the Mercury who will bottom out this year. They return two starters, got Little who does, well, very little, a point guard coming off a season ending torn ACL, and a bench full of rookies and nobodies. Lol.

Personally I'm glad the Sun got rid of her. Lynetta Kizer is 50x the player Little is.

The Sun had a 14-20 record last season and that was WITH Chiney.. So their chances to have a good record themselves is not that great.

Having Taurasi and Griner is still better then having Bentley and Jones..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 04/26/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like this phoenix roster...with the addition of D.Robinson/Mitchell,and absence of Bonner,the mercury will be a more disciplined basketball team.Taurasi/Griner will be the definitive #1/#2 options.If D.Robinson returns to her pre-injury form,phoenix will have one of the better "Big 3's" in the league.The lost of Taylor on the court will be huge,but her addition to the coaching staff will be great for the players,especially Alexis Prince.Ridding themselves of Dupree is addition by subtraction.The defense will automatically improve,and Griner by default will become the #1 post option.If Phoenix can somehow package Bone for a quality bench player,i'd give them a legit shot at winning the championship.Minnesota is still the favorite,followed by LA.

mb1

PostPosted: 04/27/17 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not certain I'm as optimistic as Zune, yet the Mercury will be much better than most are predicting.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The merc have been so unpredictable these last few years . Being predicted anywhere from #1 -3 and finishing #8 and or underachieving . So now that we predict they be in the bottom tier or middle of the pack watch they end up top 2 Laughing Diana for MVP 2017 last hoorah !

PostPosted: 04/27/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It may be that Penny Taylor has as a lot of value as a coach/adviser ... but again, just because a player is popular and skilled does not mean she automatically will be a good coach.

PostPosted: 04/27/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
mb1 wrote:

The Sun had a 14-20 record last season and that was WITH Chiney.. So their chances to have a good record themselves is not that great.

Having Taurasi and Griner is still better then having Bentley and Jones..

But last year was the year of a rookie head coach, plus Chiney had to come along very slowly, not to mention a disgruntled b**** that started out the season with the Sun who got traded for a better player albeit another rookie. Then season ending injuries just as Rachel Banham was starting to get comfortable and then Morgan Tuck missing the last couple weeks of the season. And yet they still had a very good 2nd half of the season. I'm not saying the Sun are going to make the playoffs but they have a better chance imo than the Mercury who despite what you people here think, are going to suck badly. Despite having Taurasi and Griner, who else do they have? No one. The Sun have a better roster as long as the rest of the team can stay off the injured list.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/27/17 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm curious how Alleyne is doing in camp. Is she totally over the injury? She's been ping ponged back and forth so it will be interesting to see if she can actually contribute at this level.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 04/27/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm curious how Alleyne is doing in camp. Is she totally over the injury? She's been ping ponged back and forth so it will be interesting to see if she can actually contribute at this level.

She wears a heavy brace and her knee scar is nasty.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/27/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
It may be that Penny Taylor has as a lot of value as a coach/adviser ... but again, just because a player is popular and skilled does not mean she automatically will be a good coach.

True but when a player was already a coach and leader on the floor then the transistion to coach will be easier to make

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/27/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

True but when a player was already a coach and leader on the floor then the transistion to coach will be easier to make

One would think that would be the case, but the Phoenix Mercury have first hand history that a leader on the floor does not necessarily turn into a great - or even a good - head coach.
#CynthiaCooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: