RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hooray for Tori Jankoska

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/16/17 5:51 pm    ::: Hooray for Tori Jankoska Reply Reply with quote

Brutally ignored and slighted by college AA and POY panels, Tori Jankoska -- a college stat monster -- was selected ninth in the WNBA draft. This was higher than the higher hyped guards such as Kaela Davis, Sydney Wiese, Alexis Jones, Lindsay Allen, Alexis Peterson, Leticia Romero, Alexis Prince, Makayla Epps, Adrienne Motley, and even the sainted Saniya Chong.

Perhaps the WNBA GM's noticed a few things the college brutes dismissed -- that among 3147 D1 players, Tori was:

-- 1st in three-point shots made at 122
-- 4th in efficiency behind first team AA's Kelsey Plum, Napheesa Collier and Brionna Jones
-- 6th in FT% at 91.0
-- 8th in PPG at 22.6
-- averaged 7.9 RPG as a guard
-- averaged 4.8 APG

Pro glory for Tori would be a good story.
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/16/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

loved my girl Tori in college. And going to a place that needs another guard will help her. The other thing is I remember her coach saying she always asked for the most difficult guarding assignment, so that bodes well for her. She's a totally different type player than Epps, with whom she will be in competition for that last guard place, so it will be interesting to see what Stocks does there. Of course the easy thing is to keep the first rounder rather than the third, so that's also in her favor. I think her shooting touch bodes well for her.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 04/16/17 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is more WNBA point guard sized, than shooting guard. Chicago already has 2 point guards that get a lot of minutes so I guess there won't be too much experimentation in that regard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: