RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Spring commitments and late signings for 2017-18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/06/17 6:11 pm    ::: Spring commitments and late signings for 2017-18 Reply Reply with quote

Tonysha Curry, 5'10 G from Manual HS 2017 (Louisville, KY) recently committed to Richmond of the A-10.

PostPosted: 04/08/17 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Masseny Kaba, 6'3" F from Boston, picked Central Florida over Georgetown, George Washington and Providence.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/08/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Masseny Kaba, 6'3" F from Boston, picked Central Florida over Georgetown, George Washington and Providence.

UCF looked decent this year. They might be an up-and-coming team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/11/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Signing period starts tomorrow (April 12).

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/11/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Yes they did. They're very athletic, physical and have a great coach. The American has made some good coaching hires in the past two years. I think UCF and SMU could start to make some noise and become tourney teams in the next few seasons.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/11/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Mike Aresco, is that you?

They lost to Buffalo, Davis, Cincinnati, Memphis twice, etc.

We obviously have different definitions of "decent"

If "decent" means that on a good day maybe they could give Arkansas a run for their money for last place in the SEC, then I guess they're decent. (And in case you think I'm exaggerating, Arkansas beat Memphis by 30 - the same Memphis that beat UCF twice.)

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/12/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU loses A'tyanna Gaulden but adds JUCO Hattie Nawezhi, 6-2 sophomore forward, Northeastern Oklahoma A&M; provides depth in front court to pair with Chatrice White

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/13/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tyra Cox from Liberty Christian in Lynchburg, VA has signed with William & Mary. (She's gotta have some good grades to get in there, they don't make exceptions for athletes!)

PostPosted: 04/13/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colorado get much needed help in the paint - a 6'7" junior college transfer.

http://www.buffzone.com/womensbasketball/ci_30919345/cu-womens-basketball-signs-transfer-jaimie-curtis

IM in OC

PostPosted: 04/13/17 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon signs 6'2" Aussie guard Anelli Maley.

http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/4/12/womens-basketball-signs-australian-guard-to-nli.aspx?path=wbball

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/17 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chloe Bibby 6'1" Forward out of Australia signs with Mississippi State.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/17 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota adds two Spainards. Paloma Gonzalez is an5-7 true frosh. Irene Garrido is a 6-1 F who spent two years JUCO in Wyoming.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/15/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/4/12/womens-basketball-signs-australian-guard-to-nli.aspx?path=wbball

Quote:
"But after I went on a visit to Eugene [Oregon] it was so clear because everyone was so lovely and I got such a good vibe.
"I didn't feel out of place, at some other places I felt like an intruder."

Anneli Maley on the choice between the Oregon Ducks and the WNBL

You're getting a pretty handy player, Oregon.

PostPosted: 04/15/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

Quote:
"But after I went on a visit to Eugene [Oregon] it was so clear because everyone was so lovely and I got such a good vibe.

What's the scoop on her? Doesn't sound like a shooter?

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/15/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

Quote:

What's the scoop on her? Doesn't sound like a shooter?

No, she's not a shooter (her shooting technique looks all kinds of wrong to me), but she's not a guard either, unlike what that first headline indicates. She's a forward who has good instincts and energy, and plays harder than you expect from her lightish frame.

PostPosted: 04/16/17 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kylee Griffin 2018 grad 6'1 or 6'2 Lake Stevens Wa commits to the Zags!

allenleavell

PostPosted: 04/16/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nautica Grant has commit to Northwestern State .She is from Dallas,Tx via Tyler Junior College .She average 15 ppg and Made 94 3pter this year.
http://www.nsudemons.com/news/2017/4/13/lady-demon-basketball-lady-demons-add-tyler-jc-product-nautica-grant.aspx

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/16/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karen Barefoot and ODU get a 2017 verbal from Musharapha Alhassan, 6'5 C from Glenarden, MD.

PostPosted: 04/16/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Karen Barefoot and ODU get a 2017 verbal from Musharapha Alhassan, 6'5 C from Glenarden, MD.

#21 white

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GzY-kqXsy6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/17/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hampton signs Lauren Welch, 5'8 SG from Las Vegas Centennial HS, NV.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Channise Lewis, PG from Miami Gardens, Fla just verbaled to Maryland. Hopefully, this will help take the sting away after Destiny Slocum's decision to transfer.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm curious - where will Destiny Slocum go? Gonzaga? Oregon? Oregon State? UCLA? Washington?

And I see that ODU got 6'5 commit from Maryland. Historically, ODU has better recruiting in nabbing tall players from Maryland than Virginia does. That really frustrated me to no end.

I noticed that Virginia's Boyle is pretty much stoic person, and it makes recruiting much harder (And some UVA fans felt that Boyle's adoption saga from Africa which took months has harmed her from having good rapport with her players and caused half-dozen players to transfer or leave as well as her inability to recruit at that time). I'm hoping that the Taylor-Meredith duo will do some tricks in picking better players for Virginia sooner or the team is going to struggle next year to an extent.

R-

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/24/17 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
I'm curious - where will Destiny Slocum go? Gonzaga? Oregon? Oregon State? UCLA? Washington?

And I see that ODU got 6'5 commit from Maryland. Historically, ODU has better recruiting in nabbing tall players from Maryland than Virginia does. That really frustrated me to no end.

I noticed that Virginia's Boyle is pretty much stoic person, and it makes recruiting much harder (And some UVA fans felt that Boyle's adoption saga from Africa which took months has harmed her from having good rapport with her players and caused half-dozen players to transfer or leave as well as her inability to recruit at that time). I'm hoping that the Taylor-Meredith duo will do some tricks in picking better players for Virginia sooner or the team is going to struggle next year to an extent.

R-

My guess, based on nothing, is UCLA. Washington State is probably actually closest to home, so maybe that's in the mix.

Washington would make sense, but I can't see Oregon, as Sabrina Ionescu needs (and wants) the ball in her hands, as Slocum does. I don't see that as a good fit.

PostPosted: 04/24/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ridor wrote:

R-

My guess, based on nothing, is UCLA. Washington State is probably actually closest to home, so maybe that's in the mix.

Washington would make sense, but I can't see Oregon, as Sabrina Ionescu needs (and wants) the ball in her hands, as Slocum does. I don't see that as a good fit.

Shes following Coach Close , Jeff Walz & Charlie Turner-Thorne on twitter so pac 12 seems to be likely unless Jeff walz can pull off magic in which so far this offseason doesnt seem like a good thing .

PostPosted: 04/24/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ridor wrote:

R-

Shes following Coach Close , Jeff Walz & Charlie Turner-Thorne on twitter so pac 12 seems to be likely unless Jeff walz can pull off magic in which so far this offseason doesnt seem like a good thing .

If she goes to Louisville, we'll certainly know that her stated reason for transferring wasn't real.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: