RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/20/17 12:18 pm    ::: 2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules Reply Reply with quote

With UCONN getting a homecoming game in Nevada for Gabby Williams next season, the non-conference opponents portion of UCONN's schedule has been set.

Home:
Cal
Louisville
Maryland
Notre Dame

Away:
DePaul
Nevada
Ohio State
South Carolina
Texas
UCLA

Neutral:
Duquesne(Toronto)
Michigan State(Eugene, OR)
Oklahoma(Mohegan Sun)

Is this tougher than this years non-conference schedule? Hmmmm...

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/20/17 1:54 pm    ::: Re: 2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Duquesne(Toronto)

Toronto? What event is that?

Eugene vs Mich State? I assume that must be some Nike invite thing?

linkster

PostPosted: 03/20/17 2:12 pm    ::: Re: 2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Duquesne(Toronto)

Toronto? What event is that?

Eugene vs Mich State? I assume that must be some Nike invite thing?

Toronto is the homecoming game for Kia Nurse. UConn always tries to get a game for it's seniors close to their home. Nurse, I believe, is from Hamilton, Ont.

And yes, the game vs Mich St is part of a Nike event. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/012517aaa.html

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/20/17 2:30 pm    ::: Re: 2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Toronto is the homecoming game for Kia Nurse. UConn always tries to get a game for it's seniors close to their home. Nurse, I believe, is from Hamilton, Ont.l

Most, if not all teams try to schedule games close to a players' home. Last I knew, teams couldn't schedule single games in foreign countries like that, it always had to be part of an exempt event. Like Purdue couldn't just randomly schedule a single game in Puerto Rico vs Florida International even if they had someone from there. Teams with kids from that part of Canada traditionally scheduled Buffalo, Niagara or Canisius. I wonder if it has to be considered an exempted event or an exhibition or something. Interesting...

And thank you for that link about that event...pretty cool.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/20/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year I was told that they were trying to schedule an event to promote the Final Four that included Uconn. They were trying to get Stanford and Tennessee to round out the event. Having heard any follow up about it.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue's schedule won't help the B1G RPI.

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/041017aaa.html

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/10/17 5:44 pm    ::: Re: 2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Last I knew, teams couldn't schedule single games in foreign countries like that, it always had to be part of an exempt event. Like Purdue couldn't just randomly schedule a single game in Puerto Rico vs Florida International even if they had someone from there. Teams with kids from that part of Canada traditionally scheduled Buffalo, Niagara or Canisius. I wonder if it has to be considered an exempted event or an exhibition or something. Interesting...

Well, in December 2013, Notre Dame played Duquesne in Toronto in a real, regular season, single game at Ryerson University in Toronto. I believe it was considered a Notre Dame home game. It was the homecoming game for Natalie Achonwa, and Duquesne also had a couple of Canadian players. It looks like they have a couple of Canadians again next year, so the game with UConn again makes sense for both schools.

The pre-game release for ND for that game said:

"The Notre Dame women's basketball program has had a knack for making history, and the No. 5/6 Fighting Irish will do so once again at 2 p.m. (ET) Sunday when they play their first-ever regular-season game in Canada, taking on Duquesne at the sold-out Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto. The game will be streamed live and free of charge through the official Notre Dame athletics multimedia platform, WatchND, with the host school, Ryerson University, providing the content."

Mattamy Athletic Center is Ryerson's arena and occupies part of the old Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. I understand they played the 2015 Pan Am Games basketball there as well.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/10/17 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Good Lord, that's a pile of shit. Only two true road games. Not even a reasonably good exhibition jabronie. Only two (well, three with the challenge) Power 5 schools (and USC may be in flux and Utah was near the bottom of the Pac-12 this year IIRC).

(also, go get 'em, Coach Duffy!)

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/10/17 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Good grief, that looks like a JMU schedule, only worse. And JMU is a mid-major! For shame, Sharon!

PostPosted: 04/11/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Yeah, that's not very good. I know they are trying to maximize home games but wow. Also, in regards to that Basketball Travelers event, they don't always have a ton of say in who they get to play in it. That event is run by the group headquartered in Washington and they are the ones that look to fill the field once they have established host schools.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/11/17 8:04 am    ::: Re: 2017-2018 Non Conference Schedules Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Last I knew, teams couldn't schedule single games in foreign countries like that, it always had to be part of an exempt event. Like Purdue couldn't just randomly schedule a single game in Puerto Rico vs Florida International even if they had someone from there. Teams with kids from that part of Canada traditionally scheduled Buffalo, Niagara or Canisius. I wonder if it has to be considered an exempted event or an exhibition or something. Interesting...

Well, in December 2013, Notre Dame played Duquesne in Toronto in a real, regular season, single game at Ryerson University in Toronto. I believe it was considered a Notre Dame home game. It was the homecoming game for Natalie Achonwa, and Duquesne also had a couple of Canadian players. It looks like they have a couple of Canadians again next year, so the game with UConn again makes sense for both schools.

The pre-game release for ND for that game said:

"The Notre Dame women's basketball program has had a knack for making history, and the No. 5/6 Fighting Irish will do so once again at 2 p.m. (ET) Sunday when they play their first-ever regular-season game in Canada, taking on Duquesne at the sold-out Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto. The game will be streamed live and free of charge through the official Notre Dame athletics multimedia platform, WatchND, with the host school, Ryerson University, providing the content."

Mattamy Athletic Center is Ryerson's arena and occupies part of the old Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. I understand they played the 2015 Pan Am Games basketball there as well.

Thanks for that info. Evidently the NCAA had adjusted scheduling rules a while ago.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Yeah, that's not very good. I know they are trying to maximize home games but wow. Also, in regards to that Basketball Travelers event, they don't always have a ton of say in who they get to play in it. That event is run by the group headquartered in Washington and they are the ones that look to fill the field once they have established host schools.

Four WNIT teams and no NCAA teams. Rolling Eyes They will probably get one NCAA participant via the ACC.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Cancun challenge will be Nov 23-25.

Mayan Division will feature: Mississippi State, Arizona State, Columbia and Green Bay.

Riviera Division features: Tennessee, Montana, Oklahoma State, South Dakota, Marquette, Indiana State

http://hailstate.com/news/2017/4/13/womens-basketball-2017-18-bulldogs-to-play-in-cancun-challenge.aspx

mzonefan

PostPosted: 05/17/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas

http://www.texassports.com/news/2017/5/16/womens-basketball-unveils-2017-18-non-conference-schedule.aspx

2017-18 TEXAS WOMEN'S BASKETBALL NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Date – Opponent – Location (Opponent 2016-17 Record / Conference Record / Postseason Finish)
Nov. 5 – Oklahoma City University (EXH.) – Austin, Texas (34-2 / 17-0 Sooner Athletic / NAIA National Champion)
Nov. 12 – Stetson – Austin, Texas (26-7 / 13-1 Atlantic Sun / WNIT First Round)
Nov. 15 – McNeese State – Austin, Texas (14-17 / 8-10 Southland)
Nov. 17 – UTSA – Austin, Texas (14-16 / 10-8 Conference USA)
Nov. 24-25 – at South Point Shootout – Las Vegas, Nev. &
Nov. 30 – Louisiana Tech – Austin, Texas (18-14 / 12-6 Conference USA / WNIT First Round)
Dec. 3 – at Georgia – Athens, Ga. (16-15 / 7-9 SEC)
Dec. 10 – at Tennessee – Knoxville, Tenn. (20-12 / 10-6 SEC / NCAA Second Round)
Dec. 13 – Northwestern State – Austin, Texas (13-17 / 7-11 Southland)
Dec. 17 – Florida State – Austin, Texas (28-7 / 13-3 ACC / NCAA Regional Finalist)
Jan. 15 – UConn – Austin, Texas (36-1 / 16-0 AAC / NCAA Semifinalist

mzonefan

PostPosted: 06/06/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K State

MANHATTAN — A trip to Las Vegas and a game against former conference rival Missouri highlight the 2017-18 Kansas State women’s basketball nonconference schedule announced Tuesday.

K-State begins its 50th season of competition with five straight home games, starting off with exhibitions against Emporia State and Fort Hays State before facing Stephen F. Austin, Omaha and Florida A&M.

The Wildcats hit the road for four straight at North Texas, the South Point Shootout in Las Vegas where they play Penn State and UCLA then a trip to Missouri for the Big 12/SEC Challenge. The trip to Las Vegas coincides with the Wildcat men playing in the Las Vegas Invitational Nov. 23-24.

SEE ALSO

Former K-State players Michael Bishop, Martin Gramatica on college hall of fame ballot
KU basketball finalizes nonconference schedule
“This is a good, solid schedule for us,” coach Jeff Mittie said. “The home schedule features many top mid-major schools that reached the postseason in 2016-17.”

The Wildcats, who made their second straight NCAA Tournament appearance in a 23-win season last year, face seven teams that reached the postseason a year ago including three NCAA teams (UCLA, Missouri, Northern Iowa).

The Big 12 Conference schedule will be announced at a later date.

K-STATE NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov. 3 Emporia State (exhibition)

Nov. 6 Fort Hays State (exhibition)

Nov. 10 Stephen F. Austin

Nov. 13 Omaha

Nov. 17 Florida A&M

Nov. 19 at North Texas

Nov. 24 vs. Penn State at Las Vegas

Nov. 25 vs. UCLA at Las Vegas

Nov. 30 at Missouri

Dec. 6 UT Arlington

Dec. 16 Little Rock

Dec. 18 Chicago

Dec. 21 Northern Iowa

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/06/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was on our JMU athletics message board:

Confirmed:
at Tennessee (Game 2 of 2 game series)
at Wake Forest (Game 2 of X* game series)
FLORIDA STATE (Game 2 of X* game series)
RUTGERS (Game 2 of X* game series)
ST JOSEPH'S (Game 2 of X* game series)
ST JOHN'S (Game 2 of X* game series)

(X* = I believe these were all 2 game series only, if anyone can confirm please let me know. )

No dates yet. Doesn't look like we're backing down from anyone though. I sort of wish JMU and UT would establish an "I-81" series, even though JMU would likely get whomped every time.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's an updated schedule for UConn:

NOV 12 - @ Ohio St
NOV 21 - @ UCLA
NOV 25 - vs Michigan St @ Oregon
NOV 28 - @ Nevada
DEC _8 - @ DePaul
DEC 19 - v Oklahoma @ Mohegan
DEC 22 - v Duquesne @ Toronto
JAN 15 - @ Texas

TBA:
@ South Carolina
California
Louisville
Maryland
Notre Dame

Since there is no assurance that the Gampel ceiling renovation will be finished on time I'd guess that at least some of the four remaining home games will be at the XL.

Tip of the hat to the BY poster from whom this was pilfered.

UK1996

PostPosted: 06/19/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky has released theirs.
Nov.5 Southern Indiana (EXH)
Nov 10 Sacramento State (N1)
Nov 12 Gardner-Webb (N1)
Nov 16 At Montana
Nov 19 At Washington State
Nov 22 Morehead State
Nov 26 Marshall
Nov 30 At Baylor
Dec 3 Tennessee Tech
Dec 5 Evansville
Dec 8 At Florida Gulf Coast
Dec 10 At Miami (FL)
Dec 17 Louisville
Dec 21 California
Dec 28 At Middle Tennessee

PostPosted: 06/19/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Here's an updated schedule for UConn:

NOV 12 - @ Ohio St
NOV 21 - @ UCLA
NOV 25 - vs Michigan St @ Oregon
NOV 28 - @ Nevada
DEC _8 - @ DePaul
DEC 19 - v Oklahoma @ Mohegan
DEC 22 - v Duquesne @ Toronto
JAN 15 - @ Texas

TBA:
@ South Carolina
California
Louisville
Maryland
Notre Dame

Since there is no assurance that the Gampel ceiling renovation will be finished on time I'd guess that at least some of the four remaining home games will be at the XL.

Tip of the hat to the BY poster from whom this was pilfered.

All but the South Carolina date have been announced.

Nov 17 Cal
Nov 19 Maryland
Dec 3 Notre Dame
Feb 12 Louisville

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/25/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penn State

Fri., Nov. 10 vs Siena RPI 177
Sun., Nov. 12 vs.Drexel RPI 78
Wed., Nov. 15 atMarshall 250
Sat., Nov. 18 atProvidence 195
Mon., Nov. 20 vs.Central Connecticut State 306

South Point Shootout Las Vegas
Fri., Nov. 24 vs.Kansas State 24
Sat., Nov. 25 vs.Louisiana Tech 139

Sun., Dec. 3 vs.Manhattan 279
Wed., Dec. 6 vs.Fordham 119
Sat., Dec. 9 atSt. Bonaventure 247
Sun., Dec. 17 atPittsburgh 163
Wed., Dec. 20 atAmerican 185

And still trying to schedule another home game.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 06/25/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Quite an awful schedule for Penn St. That home game may be the ACC/Big Ten Challenge game. They haven't announced that schedule yet.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/25/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Quite an awful schedule for Penn St. That home game may be the ACC/Big Ten Challenge game. They haven't announced that schedule yet.

Yeah, I was going to say, it doesn't do them any favors. Cupcakes just about straight down the line. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/25/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

It is an awful schedule. The Pitt game may be the ACC/B1G challenge game. But maybe not. But Pitt is bad.

Durantula

PostPosted: 06/25/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

It is an awful schedule. The Pitt game may be the ACC/B1G challenge game. But maybe not. But Pitt is bad.

I don't think Pitt is part of the challenge. If you look at the past 6-7 years I can't recall another coach who has gone from the highs (conference championships multiple years in a row) to the lows (6 and 12 win seasons recently) so quickly. There was no gradual decline, Penn State went from very good to pretty bad real quick. With a new AD in town, fair question to wonder how many more seasons Washington has to get the Nittany Lions back to the NCAA Tournament.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/25/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue: "We're gonna have the shittiest non-conference schedule in the conference!"

Penn State: "Hold my beer."

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: