RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crystal Primm, transferring from Duke. Originally from West Fla. Junior Guard.

Duke recent attrition chronicled by the Chronicle.
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2017/04/duke-womens-basketball-wing-crystal-primm-will-become-programs-sixth-transfer-since-2013

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/15/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2017/04/duke-womens-basketball-wing-crystal-primm-will-become-programs-sixth-transfer-since-2013

Any Florida team might find her attractive....including the University of Florida.

PostPosted: 04/15/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Boston College's leading scorer and rebounder is transferring. Mariella Fasoula from Greece. http://bcheights.com/2017/03/28/mariella-fasoula-transfer-boston-college-womens-basketball/

BC might be on the hotseat next year, its a private school so no idea on the contract length but its a tough job made even tougher when your best player leaves.

Fasoula is sort of like Shepard to me, big bodied posts, not very athletic. Shepard can shoot the three while Fasoula is crafty with her post moves. I might prefer Fasoula if I was recruiting both but it could be close.

Fasoula reportedly visiting Vandy

She's visiting Minnesota this weekend.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 04/16/17 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone heard anything about Jessica Shepard visiting South Carolina ? I was at the South Carolina softball game Saturday and the women's basketball team was there in the stands for a while . Big white girl sitting next to Alexis Jennings looked a lot like Shepard . I did a little research and found that Shepard played on the U18 team coached by Dawn Staley back in 2014 . Aja Wilson was also on that team .

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/16/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ali Patberg considering Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State and Northwestern.

About leaving Notre Dame: “I talked a lot with my family and my coaches, and they wanted me to stay,” Patberg said. “But life’s too short, and I followed my heart. It’s going to be hard, but they all want me to do what’s best for me, and so do my teammates. I’m lucky that I have a lot of support.”

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/04/16/a_really_hard_two_years/

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/17/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mass exodus from Colorado class of 2019. McKenzie Ellis, Monica Burich, and Eleanor Jones all leaving Buffs

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/17/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Any Florida team might find her attractive....including the University of Florida.

really a significant loss for Duke.

- Amanda Gorman
goforit77

PostPosted: 04/18/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Not really...With the guards Duke will have she will be the 4th guard..Most likely she wouldn't see more playing time than this year..

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/18/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goforit77 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Not really...With the guards Duke will have she will be the 4th guard..Most likely she wouldn't see more playing time than this year..

Not true at all.

Primm played backup point, backup SG, and backup wing...and was put into the lineup when there was a need for a defensive stopper outside of Lambert.

Lambert is injured and will likely miss the year. Primm was far more productive than Faith Suggs. Haley Gorecki is coming off of nearly two years of injuries. Jayda Adams is a freshman. Only Mikayla Boykin would be ahead of her (outside of Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell).

Boykin could have started with Brown/Greenwell (replacing Lambert) with Primm as the primary perimeter backup. Or Primm could have started (McCallie does like the Keturah Jackson defensive stoppers).

zvyn3

PostPosted: 04/18/17 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beatrice Mompremier is transferring from Baylor.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 04/18/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:

WOW!!!!!

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/18/17 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know all the particulars, but Seton Hall's roster is missing a helluva lot of people who weren't seniors last year, most notably starting guard LaTecia Smith (from LA), along with promising forward Skyler Snider (from Nebraska), streaky shooter Claire Lundberg (from Minnesota), and... um, I don't actually know what Martha Kuderer's skill set is (and I've forgotten where she's from).

(now with spelling variations)
lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/18/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I don't know all the particulars, but Seton Hall's roster is missing a helluva lot of people who weren't seniors last year, most notably starting guard LaTecia Smith (from LA), along with promising forward Skyler Snider (from Nebraska), streaky shooter Claire Lundberg (from Minnesota), and... um, I don't actually know what Martha Kuderer's skill set is (and I've forgotten where she's from).

Lundberg and Kuderer both transferred to Montana State

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womenshoopsworld‏ @hoopism 1h1 hour ago More
Cascio Jensen is transferring from Nebraska:

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/19/17 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Boston College's leading scorer and rebounder is transferring. Mariella Fasoula from Greece. http://bcheights.com/2017/03/28/mariella-fasoula-transfer-boston-college-womens-basketball/

BC might be on the hotseat next year, its a private school so no idea on the contract length but its a tough job made even tougher when your best player leaves.

Fasoula is sort of like Shepard to me, big bodied posts, not very athletic. Shepard can shoot the three while Fasoula is crafty with her post moves. I might prefer Fasoula if I was recruiting both but it could be close.

Fasoula reportedly visiting Vandy

She's visiting Minnesota this weekend.

Now reportedly visiting Arizona State.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/19/17 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

WOW!!!!!

Sometimes you have to wonder what goes on in a teenager's mind to make some of these choices: for months she had a list of UNC, Tennessee, Ohio State, and South Carolina. She eliminated UNC, but didn't change the other three.

So then she chooses out of them: Baylor. Four days after the #2 Post of her cycle - Kalani Brown - signed with Baylor. Both Brown and Mompremier (the #3 Post for 2014) play the same position, and are in the same class, so one of them would have to play a role of back-up to the other one. This last season, Brown started 26 of Baylor's 37 games, Mompremier started 10, and Lauren Cox started one game.

And Cox, who was the overall #1 for 2016 and the #1 Forward, can at least spend some minutes playing the 4. as she is a decent perimeter shooter, but Beatrice looks locked into the 5 spot for her career. Despite those 10 starts, she averaged under 15 minutes per game....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/17 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:

You could see this one possibly coming. Minutes decreased dramatically from freshmen season , always seemed to be in mulkey's doghouse . She obviously lost her confidence out on the floor . Dont know who's to blame for that though tbh ...Somebody needs to keep an eye on Dawn ijs Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/19/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:

HOLY CR@P! What has Kim done...or not done....or is it the current climate at Baylor? Inquiring minds would like to know.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke's Lynee Belton has ended her basketball career due to injuries.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/19/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State's Breanna Brown, a RS junior, has graduated and has elected to continue her education and play her senior year at Georgia Tech. As a graduate transfer she will be eligible immediately, and as a 6'3 forward/center she'lol be welcome on MaChelle Joseph's team.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ria Gulley, freshman G, leaving Indiana. She is from San Antonio and wants to play nearer home.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marist is losing two players from its 8-player squad of this past season. Jordyn Jossart, RS freshman combo guard, is leaving and will transfer to her hometown D-II University of Mary. Morgan Bartner, sophomore post who was generally the seventh player in the 8-player rotation, has not stated a destination as yet. Coach Brian Giorgios does not seem perturbed as he has 3 prospects coming in as well as two transfers who will be able to play, as well as a few others returning from injury.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montana State picks up two transfers from Seton Hall: Claire Lundberg, a 6'1 F from Andover, MN, and Martha Kuderer, a 5'11 F from Eden Prairie, MN. Both will have to sit out a year, after which Lundberg will have one year of eligibility remaining and Kuderer two. Lundberg will be pursuing a dual degree in engineering and physics.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

You could see this one possibly coming. Minutes decreased dramatically from freshmen season , always seemed to be in mulkey's doghouse . She obviously lost her confidence out on the floor . Dont know who's to blame for that though tbh ...Somebody needs to keep an eye on Dawn ijs Rolling Eyes

Actually she averaged the same amount minutes (around 14.5) as she missed six games this season playing only 32 games this year to 38 last year. She shot a better FG percentage, averaged more points than last year, averaged more rebounds, had more double doubles, averaged the same amount of blocks this year as last, but also was a turnover machine as her turnover to assists was horrid in both years. Maybe the issue is that her minutes did not go down but remained the same. Maybe she expected to see more playing time than last year. Who knows.

PostPosted: 04/19/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Freshman Sarah Overcash leaves Illinois for George Washington. The 6'1 F is a native of Chevy Chase, MD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 10 of 27

Jump to: