RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

President Trump reversals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/12/17 6:11 pm    ::: President Trump reversals Reply Reply with quote

NATO is no longer obsolete!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-nato-longer-obsolete/story?id=46748789

China is not a "master currency manipulator"!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says-dollar-getting-too-strong-wont-label-china-currency-manipulator-1492024312

A federal hiring freeze isn't needed!

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/12/523473051/trump-lifting-federal-hiring-freeze

If you hated Trump as a candidate, you should love him as president since he does the exact opposite of what he campaigned on.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 7:14 pm    ::: Re: President Trump reversals Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NATO is no longer obsolete!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-nato-longer-obsolete/story?id=46748789

China is not a "master currency manipulator"!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says-dollar-getting-too-strong-wont-label-china-currency-manipulator-1492024312

A federal hiring freeze isn't needed!

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/12/523473051/trump-lifting-federal-hiring-freeze

If you hated Trump as a candidate, you should love him as president since he does the exact opposite of what he campaigned on.

You hate him more as president.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The hiring freeze isn't a "campaign reversal" since he implemented it post inauguration.

But as you suggest, both the DNC and RNC should be happy - he is bowing to the status quo and conventional wisdom with these reversals.

But at this point I think his "campaign follow through" is still at least average, and probably higher than average (to the dismay of Global Warming people, among others) Let's see if he decides a wall and job reversal is not needed.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The hiring freeze isn't a "campaign reversal" since he implemented it post inauguration

Obviously he couldn't implement it until he was in office.

He did promise the freeze:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/CONTRACT_FOR_THE_VOTER.pdf

Quote:
a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce
through attrition

Apparently 90 days of not hiring provided enough attrition to reduce the federal workforce to acceptable levels.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So. I'm at my doctor's office today for something routine, but I managed to make a bit of snark about politics. He very matter-of-factly tells me HIS sources (withveryclosetiestoDCinsiders) all know this:

*Melania and Donald are, for all intents and purposes, estranged, with more public news to follow.

*The Russia/Donald connection is soon going to explode unbelievably.

*Most likely, Donald will exit stage left via the invocation of the 25th amendment, e.g., mental incompetency.

Shocked

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
*Most likely, Donald will exit stage left via the invocation of the 25th amendment, e.g., mental incompetency.

I can believe it. Just today, he couldn't remember what country he launched the missiles towards.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
So. I'm at my doctor's office today for something routine, but I managed to make a bit of snark about politics. He very matter-of-factly tells me HIS sources (withveryclosetiestoDCinsiders) all know this:

*Melania and Donald are, for all intents and purposes, estranged, with more public news to follow.

Very believable, given that it is 70-year old Trump that she is married to and she now lives in a different city with their son. And:

Quote:

*The Russia/Donald connection is soon going to explode unbelievably.

Plausible.

Quote:

This sounds too much like Trump Derangement Syndrome and lowers the credibility of the other two when they are all bundled together.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/12/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Donald Trump recounts eating “the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake” with Xi Jinping while launching missiles “heading to Iraq”

Quote:
The president spent an awful long time talking about what he was eating while ordering a bombing

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/13/17 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pathological lying narcissistic dunce.

PostPosted: 04/13/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Quote:

This sounds too much like Trump Derangement Syndrome and lowers the credibility of the other two when they are all bundled together.

Actually, it MAY seem the most far-fetched to some, but....if you're a student of human nature, you could have seen this train wreck comin' 4 states away! His mental state has been camouflaged/supported by his extreme wealth. Shocked

PostPosted: 04/13/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
Quote:

Actually, it MAY seem the most far-fetched to some, but....if you're a student of human nature, you could have seen this train wreck comin' 4 states away! His mental state has been camouflaged/supported by his extreme wealth. Shocked

How would you characterize his mental state that will get him removed from office?

Howee

PostPosted: 04/13/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
Quote:

How would you characterize his mental state that will get him removed from office?

I'd think the 'experts' might have a smorgasbord to choose from:
Sociopath, paranoid, delusional, etc. However, it's not likely to be a simple diagnostic label, as if to commit him to a mental facility. It'll more likely be a scenario where one failed clusterfuck too many suddenly endangers the welfare of our country, and his resistance to respected advisors makes HIM the Clear and Present Danger.

PostPosted: 04/13/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it's syphilis...

PostPosted: 04/14/17 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Maybe it's syphilis...

THAT sums it up, eh? Razz

PostPosted: 04/14/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Democratic pundits and politicians were universally against Trump's every move, until he launched cruise missiles (a reversal of not so much his campaign rhetoric, but his pre-candidate rhetoric). Then, the pundits at least, praised him for launching the missiles. He even wins over the neo-cons and chicken hawks in his own party with that move. Therefore, I predict more cruise missiles will be launched by Trump, and more "mother" bombs and every other kind of bomb the military is itching to use.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/19/17 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does sending the "ar ma da" in the wrong direction count?

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-04-18/us-fleet-trump-supposedly-sent-north-korea-spent-days-sailing-wrong-direction

PostPosted: 04/22/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Even more grave:
Quote:
"Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition, he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was President. If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that's delusional," said Dr. Gartner, who is also a founder of Duty to Warn, an organization of mental health professionals who feel Trump is unfit to be president.

During the conference, Psychiatrist and New York University professor James Gilligan said based on his experience working with "murderers and rapists" he can "recognize dangerousness from a mile away."

PostPosted: 04/22/17 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Even more grave:
Quote:
"Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition, he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was President. If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that's delusional," said Dr. Gartner, who is also a founder of Duty to Warn, an organization of mental health professionals who feel Trump is unfit to be president.

During the conference, Psychiatrist and New York University professor James Gilligan said based on his experience working with "murderers and rapists" he can "recognize dangerousness from a mile away."

It is explicitly against the AMA code of ethics of psychiatrists to speak to the mental state of public figures they have not examined. I hope all of them are censured.

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/22/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Even more grave:
Quote:

It is explicitly against the AMA code of ethics of psychiatrists to speak to the mental state of public figures they have not examined. I hope all of them are censured.

I agree. As much as I hate Trump, this sort of behavior undermines the entire field. It is irresponsible for a doctor to suggest that these things can be diagnosed from a distance. It is just as bad as the "experts" who were accusing Clinton of having Parkinson's baeed upon videos of her.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Even more grave:
Quote:

I agree. As much as I hate Trump, this sort of behavior undermines the entire field. It is irresponsible for a doctor to suggest that these things can be diagnosed from a distance. It is just as bad as the "experts" who were accusing Clinton of having Parkinson's baeed upon videos of her.

Get a grip, guys. They're not glibly opining on something like cancer (deadly) or HIV (infectious); despite their working knowledge of the "Goldwater rule", they can identify some very obvious pathology at work here AND FELT COMPELLED TO SPEAK OUT. Given their credentials, they're obviously feeling it's important enough to flout conventional ethics.

Who ELSE would be so qualified to say something? We all know the stories of the "crazy" people who end up murdering others, then what?....wring our hands and proclaim with others, "Why was there no mental health intervention?" And the things they claim to observe (paranoia, delusion) are not things one needs complete blood panels, neurological tests or X-Rays to diagnose. [unlike Clinton's alleged "Parkinsons"] These are BEHAVIORAL disorders, manifested in very public patterns.

Not routinely ethical, perhaps, but these are not "routine" times, either: Trump's position as POTUS + Mental Instability= Potentially Lethal Decisions.

Last edited by Howee on 06/17/17 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Even more grave:
Quote:

Not just from a distance, but based on edited video.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Who ELSE would be so qualified to say something?

Someone who is actually working with the patient in a diagnostic setting. If a doctor notices something which could be a sign of such a pathology, their duty is to let the patient know and have them be offically diagnosed. It is ethically reprehensible for them to discuss this sort of issue with the public as a whole.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Howee wrote:

Who ELSE would be so qualified to say something?

Someone who is actually working with the patient in a diagnostic setting. If a doctor notices something which could be a sign of such a pathology, their duty is to let the patient know and have them be offically diagnosed. It is ethically reprehensible for them to discuss this sort of issue with the public as a whole.

And such a doctor as THAT is bound by patient confidentiality.

Why is it okay/ethical for any of us to decide the obvious, that the Aurora bomber, Sandy Hook shooter, et. al., are mentally deranged even before an 'official' diagnosis is rendered, but NOT the POTUS. While there's a fine edge to navigate, we can't decry lack of attention to mental disorder only AFTER terrible deeds are done. Preventative measures from obvious clues are the sane option, imo.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Why is it okay/ethical for any of us to decide the obvious, that the Aurora bomber, Sandy Hook shooter, et. al., are mentally deranged even before an 'official' diagnosis is rendered, but NOT the POTUS.

Because we are not doctors/psychologists. Our opinions do not have the weight of authority.

When a doctor weighs in, they have additional ethical responsibilities. It is not their responsibility to "protect" society from people with mental disorders, especially with the base, surface-level conjecture that is available outside of a diagnostic setting.

PostPosted: 04/22/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Because we are not doctors/psychologists. Our opinions do not have the weight of authority.

Precisely. So it IS up to "doctors/psychologists" to speak out IF WHAT THEY OBSERVE IS OF A DANGEROUS POTENTIAL TO SOCIETY AT LARGE.
Again, these guys aren't novice interns playing a parlor game: I have no doubt they've considered all the risks from every angle. And--have still spoken out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: