RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/08/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Noticed Slocum started following Scott Rueck on twitter, so gotta think the Beavers are in the mix.

I thought Oregon State would be in the mix because of it's proximity to Idaho. It's the best program close to there and with Rueck at the helm, I expect it to stay up there.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 04/09/17 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I was going to say that Tori McCoy is welcome to Kentucky, but it sounds like she has some baggage. Then again our post situation needs an upgrade for the future.

Do you really think any Mac Irvin players will be coming to UK anytime soon?

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/09/17 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harper's decision to leave UK for OSU doesn't seem that great, she's basically just a role player now.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 04/09/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Harper's decision to leave UK for OSU doesn't seem that great, she's basically just a role player now.

I agree. Bad move on her part.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/09/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RS Junior G Tiffany Suarez graduates from Fordham and will transfer to Eastern Michigan for a final season, where she will be eligible immediately.

PostPosted: 04/09/17 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
RS Junior G Tiffany Suarez graduates from Fordham and will transfer to Eastern Michigan for a final season, where she will be eligible immediately.

She started her career at Virginia. This is the natural progression of transferring, now you have players going to three schools. Is the grass greener or maybe should you just water the grass where you are so to say and make things better at your current school? Not sure how this helps basketball wise or even socially, leaving every year or two, hard to make close friends, hard to learn a system and get acclimated on the court. She's not the only one, these double transfers are happening more often.

elsie

PostPosted: 04/09/17 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonzaga is just up the road...we have a terrific incoming class and a coach that has won COY 2 out of her 3 yrs....Meridian is closer to Spokane I think then either of the Oregon schools...up thru McCall Idaho or via I-84..

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bret McCormick: HC Agnes Berenato Kennesaw State picks up transfer Simina Avram 6-3 C from Georgia Tech. Originally from Romania.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Savannah Trapp is her name and I don't think she even suited up for one game. I believe she graduated from UCLA and she also had a baby while she was here.

Oh thanks. She left the team at one point for "personal reasons".That could have been a pregnancy.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/10/17 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

She started her career at Virginia. This is the natural progression of transferring, now you have players going to three schools. Is the grass greener or maybe should you just water the grass where you are so to say and make things better at your current school? Not sure how this helps basketball wise or even socially, leaving every year or two, hard to make close friends, hard to learn a system and get acclimated on the court. She's not the only one, these double transfers are happening more often.

I just don't get why people criticize transfers. Why shouldn't someone go to different schools if that's what they want to do? The points made are valid, but for some people, moving around at that age fits their needs.

I feel like there's this unfounded nostaglia for a time when players stuck it out in a bad situation no matter what rather than do what their bosses at the school can do: Work for someone else with no penalty.

Why is it wrong to want to try something new, especially at 21 or 22? I'm not saying it's right or perfect for everyone, but shouldn't an adult have that option and not be criticized for executing it?

PostPosted: 04/10/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leaving UVA for Fordham is a pretty good lateral. They're both extremely decent academically. Eastern Michigan, I dunno...unless it has a particular grad major she wants that is very good. Some of the mid-majors do.

PostPosted: 04/10/17 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I feel like there's this unfounded nostaglia for a time when players stuck it out in a bad situation no matter what rather than do what their bosses at the school can do: Work for someone else with no penalty.

Part of the problem is the assumption that it was a "bad situation" that caused the transfer. Some of the ridicule is the result of it being players in what are, from all appearances, in perfectly fine situations, making choices based on what appear to be delusions of grandeur, inflated egos, or simply "grass is always greener" naivete.

Sometimes there's an obvious "bad situation" and then I think you see no negative commentary. Sometimes undoubtedly there are issues of which fans are unaware. But sometimes it's exactly what it appears to be.

These decisions affect far more than just the one player. There are impacts on teammates, coaches, fans, schools. A lot of people were trusting and relying on those players.

And the notion that in the real world people can flit around without consequence is nonsense. People can get hurt there too when a key employee bails out at a critical juncture, and when someone with a resume full of job changes shows up at your shop, the first question will likely be "why have you moved around so much." Sometimes there's a good answer and sometimes there's not. But the potential employer will most certainly be asking "can we rely on this person"?

Having a right to move doesn't equate to a right to be free from criticism.

And obviously many coaches try to avoid recruits with red flags. Example, I think a lot of top coaches ran and hid from McCoy, concluding (correctly) that was a train wreck waiting to happen.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Leaving UVA for Fordham is a pretty good lateral. They're both extremely decent academically. Eastern Michigan, I dunno...unless it has a particular grad major she wants that is very good. Some of the mid-majors do.

Most of the people I know who went to EMU for grad school went for teaching or social work.

A little history - EMU was originally Michigan State Normal College, established as the first teachers' training school west of the Allegheny Mountains.

EMU is not known for developing models or sportscasters. Perhaps her interest has shifted.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/state-college-sports/article52682780.html

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMHO - the NCAA should abolish the 1 year penalty. They should level the playing field and let everyone transfer without penalty.

When certain players get exemptions (Romero at UW, White at FSU, etc.), it makes a mockery of the rule for all of the other kids who have to sit out.

Sometimes it's academics, sometimes it's team chemistry, sometimes it's getting out of a bad situation (abuse/homophobia), sometimes it's about getting closer to home...and sometimes the coach has severed the relationship but allowed the kid to save face by saying it's a transfer.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/10/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

>Part of the problem is the assumption that it was a "bad situation" that caused the transfer. Some of the ridicule is the result of it being players in what are, from all appearances, in perfectly fine situations, making choices based on what appear to be delusions of grandeur, inflated egos, or simply "grass is always greener" naivete.

But what difference does it make if it's a "good situation"? Shouldn't people be able to do what they think is best for them? Maybe a "good situation" for someone, or from what we see, isn't as good a situation for someone else.

And what is wrong with "delusions of grandeur, inflated egos, or simply "grass is always greener" naivete"? If people have those traits, does that mean they shouldn't be able to transfer? Should only people with a solid grasp of reality, an under-control ego and unconcerned with green grass be allowed to transfer?

And if so, who decides which player/family falls into which group?

PostPosted: 04/10/17 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some posters with inflated egos on this board Laughing

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 out at ND

https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/status/851491283981959168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23851491283981959168

Maybe Boyle will end up at UK?
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
2 out at ND

https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/status/851491283981959168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23851491283981959168

Shocking.

First, Muffet does not have a huge number of transfers. Biggest one as of late was Reimer.

Second, Patberg already missed one year with injuries. But she had a prime opportunity at PG with Allen graduating.

Third, Boley played a lot as a freshman and started a number of games. With the likelihood of Turner missing games with injuries, she and Westbeld would have probably been the starting frontcourt.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 out at ND

Surprised by Boley , but Not surprised . She didn't seem comfy with the other ND players , i thought maybe when turner went down and her minutes went up she would begin to find her own . Sad to see her leave , this transfer stuff is just becoming outrageous.

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
2 out at ND

Shocking.

First, Muffet does not have a huge number of transfers. Biggest one as of late was Reimer.

Second, Patberg already missed one year with injuries. But she had a prime opportunity at PG with Allen graduating.

Third, Boley played a lot as a freshman and started a number of games. With the likelihood of Turner missing games with injuries, she and Westbeld would have probably been the starting frontcourt.

I always thought ND would start Ogunbowale, Thompson, and Mabrey in the back court next year.
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Boley is the real surprise. She showed a lot of promise. And being from Kentucky, if she wants to go home, I'm guessing they'll be happy to have her. Or if she wants to be the big stud in a slightly smaller setting, maybe follow her Dad's footsteps to Western KY. Boy ND will be limited in the front court unless one of the incoming Freshmen really steps up.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
2 out at ND

Shocking.

I always thought ND would start Ogunbowale, Thompson, and Mabrey in the back court next year.

hmm, somhow everyone thinks PG can be played by committee? None of those three are PGs!

- Amanda Gorman
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/10/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Scott Boley Erin's Dad. ND sending out blanket release to every D1 compliance office or contact ND compliance office.

https://twitter.com/ASGR1995/status/851495464889458688
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/10/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 out at ND

Wow.

Isn't Patberg *from* Indiana? Maybe IU or Purdue? Or might either or both choose a lower pressure (i.e. mid-major) program like, say, Ball State or, as was suggested in the case of Boley, WKU?

PostPosted: 04/10/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Scott Boley has tweeted his own phone number with" for information ( on Erin) contact" him at ________.

Is it only a coincidence that a significant number of these transfers seem to have very active visible stage parents acting publicly​ as their "agents"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 7 of 27

Jump to: