RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding all the transfers and draft exits: Sic Glorium Transit.

PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.

PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.

Do they wear Orange & White !! Idea

PostPosted: 04/04/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:

I am color blind so what color do the gamecocks wear.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/04/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Gamecocks wear garnet & black . Clemson wears orange & white .

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/04/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Gamecocks wear garnet & black . Clemson wears orange & white .

I was more so on the Lady Vol Train lol But Clemson will do also Laughing

PostPosted: 04/04/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft

I get that; I mean, what's left? They've got their degrees, and a championship. And Davis can avoid her long-time rival, Diamond in the Draft. They'd both be more valuable this year than next, imo.

Slocum, tho? DaYum. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like MD is about to take a down turn. Lexie leaving 2 years ago really hurt us. Destiny was always a risk factor since she is so far from home. I just have this feeling we could be headed for some lean yrs. Brenda should have played better non conference teams. If you are a good player, you want to be in the big games not playing cream puffs always. Plus the big 10 is way down. Moving out of the ACC will hurt recruiting also.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brenda might need to see a shrink and find out why it is that her recruits are leaving her. Hint: I don't think it's just your schedule, honey.

PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohio State announced that freshman forward Tori McCoy and freshman guard Kiara Lewis, both of whom started the latter half of the season, intend to transfer.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170405/freshmen-mccoy-lewis-transferring-from-ohio-state-womens-basketball-team?start=2

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lvf08 wrote:
Quote:
Ohio State announced that freshman forward Tori McCoy and freshman guard Kiara Lewis, both of whom started the latter half of the season, intend to transfer.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170405/freshmen-mccoy-lewis-transferring-from-ohio-state-womens-basketball-team?start=2

WTF is going on !!!! These were 2 freshmen that actually played a part in effecting the make up of this team . This hurts especially The McCoy Transfer

PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:
Moving out of the ACC will hurt recruiting also.

They had the #1 ranked recruiting class last year...while being a member of the Big Ten. So yeah, maybe it has hurt their recruiting. SMH...

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lvf08 wrote:
Quote:

WTF is going on !!!! These were 2 freshmen that actually played a part in effecting the make up of this team . This hurts especially The McCoy Transfer

That is a really good question.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
lvf08 wrote:
Quote:

That is a really good question.

McGuff has to be Shitting bricks right now , He couldnt have seen this coming especially with not 1 Recruit coming in next year ? and kelsey wants a final 4 in columbus Tuh Arrow

PostPosted: 04/05/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terrible news for Ohio State. Ends any chance we had of getting past the Sweet Sixteen.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/05/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Terrible news for Ohio State. Ends any chance we had of getting past the Sweet Sixteen.

Still have Mavunga and Hart in the middle. I think "ends any chance" is probably a bit exaggerated.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/05/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox or Dangerfield? who's next?
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Cox or Dangerfield? who's next?

Joyner Holmes Transferring To Tennessee Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/05/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still no word on Gondrezick situation:

Quote:
Speaking of recruits, Barnes Arico’s biggest accomplishment on the recruiting trail last year was Benton Harbor, Mich. guard Kysre Gondrezick, who scored 72 points in a high-school playoff game in 2016. She lived up to her billing this season, averaging 14.9 points and 3.6 rebounds and a spot on the Big Ten All-Freshman Team.

But prior to the Wolverines’ third-round WNIT game against St. John’s, they announced that Gondrezick was taking an indefinite leave of absence for “personal reasons.” Michigan has remained mum as to why Gondrezick has been absent, and the Wolverines have not released any information on when — or if — she will return.

https://www.michigandaily.com/section/womens-basketball/notebook-already-busy-season-wolverines

zvyn3

PostPosted: 04/05/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

Still have Mavunga and Hart in the middle. I think "ends any chance" is probably a bit exaggerated.

I don't. They're adding no one and losing 3 key players.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/05/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.

Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?

Everyone seems to use the excuse of " Homesick/Closer to Family" remeber Lexie Used that Last year and now Gillespie & Slocum Using the same excuse this year. something is not right at UMD . Not right i tell ya

Destiny Slocum: Maryland 'wasn't the right fit'

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/05/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.

Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?

Everyone seems to use the excuse of " Homesick/Closer to Family" remeber Lexie Used that Last year and now Gillespie & Slocum Using the same excuse this year. something is not right at UMD . Not right i tell ya

Destiny Slocum: Maryland 'wasn't the right fit'

Yeah, I saw the earlier and remarked on it on another board. Makes me wonder if she ends up at Arkansas with Mike Neighbors, or at Oregon State, or somewhere else entirely.

PostPosted: 04/05/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana RS sophomore Tia Elbert will forgo her final two seasons of eligibility and graduate early.

Purdue's 6'5 junior C Bree Horrocks will graduate and transfer.

PostPosted: 04/05/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's like suddenly all these kids realized,....."OMG the BIG sucks!!"

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/05/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's more like a waterfall effect - they see so many others doing it that now it seems normal, so "I'm not totally happy here/not getting enough playing time/don't feel comfortable with some teammates/the coach isn't what she (he) promised me, the style of play sucks, my team sucks, etc... so I'll transfer someplace else." I think it works out well for some of them and others find that the problem/unhappiness was probably themselves and will follow them wherever they go.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 4 of 27

Jump to: