RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

And now, the curtain draws....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:31 am    ::: And now, the curtain draws.... Reply Reply with quote

...to a slow close on the season for us NCAA fans. I no longer follow the W closely. It's as if my heart belongs to the innocent kids of college.

From the other thread:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
all I can say is that at least I finished better than Howee Razz Wink

"Finished" is such a .... subjective term, darlin'. You'll need a few more quarters at Ms. Frumton's Finishing School to finish "better" than Howee. Cool But you may accomplish that.... encourage it.

Finished. Multiple meanings: Done. Completed. Ended. Over. Accomplished. Whatever. For me, we're now at the end of a long period of time devoted to following scores and results, following status on recruits and injured teammates. Concern over conference standing, national rankings. Now, I let it go.....spring and summer take me in to a whole 'nother althernate universe in my life, where my animals and my gardens and my travels dominate my life energies.

To close this chapter, wherever you're moving on to, think about the best Highlights of the season; for me?

*1 UConn goes down to itty bitty & co
*2 MD goes down to Oregon
*3 Baylor goes down to TX
*4 SC wins the NC

So long, ladies: can't wait for next season! Cool

Last edited by Howee on 04/04/17 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this time of year, because of where i am, I keep one eye on what's going on with transfers, the draft, late signings, and early commitments, and the other on NCAA softball. Because JMU has a very good softball team and one of the best pitchers in the NCAA, Tennessee routinely has a very good team, and I get the SEC network, I get to see some games. It just hasn't been warm enough to go sit in the stadium yet! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 04/04/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if you don't care about the WNBA, there's still USA basketball.

I have to double check the schedule but I think we are scheduled for U16 (Americas), U19 world championship, world University games, and some 3 x 3 events.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I miss all my seniors. I'm terrified of missing next year's seniors; three of my favorite people are graduating from their various institutions of learning.

For the most part, it wasn't a highlight season for my teams. (The obvious exception is WNIT champion Michigan.) Not a lot of big wins, some crushing losses. No big road trips. No tournament bids.

I thought the Final Four was fantastic, making up for a mostly lackluster tournament.

Now that college season is over, it's time to get ready for W season. We rotated wardrobe over the weekend (well, I wanted to move the dresser, which meant emptying the drawers, so since everything was out...), which meant putting away two large bins of collegiate shirts, jerseys, and fan gear, and taking out two large bins of WNBA shirts, jerseys, and fan gear. Next up, housecleaning, dusting, sundries shopping, and more cleaning.

(now with spelling variations)
Howee

PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I miss all my seniors. I'm terrified of missing next year's seniors; three of my favorite people are graduating from their various institutions of learning.

Definitely one of the Low Points of it all. My Sooners lose FIVE seniors that will not likely play beyond this year. Like MOST seniors in most programs, it's on to life after basketball. Here's to all THOSE young ladies and all they contributed to their teams and our entertainment.

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette only loses one senior and had their best regular season in ages. Their run at the end of the regular season which included two awesome wins over DePaul that I was at was great - the BET win was fun to see. But yet losing their first NCAA Tournament game still leaves me a tad bummed. In theory they should be pretty good the next two seasons but I worry if that will come to fruition or not.

I haven't been able to get into the WNBA and won't be that into baseball this year with the Brewers set to be awful again. So the next sport I'll be into is the NFL in September so I guess I will keep myself busy for now training for my 2 Marathons this year Smile.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/05/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee and JMU each lost one senior. Tennessee's loss will most likely not matter nearly as much in the scheme of things, as they have a returning PG and an amazing recruiting class coming in, but JMU's loss is HUGE. Precious Hall was our everything and will be terribly missed. On the bright side, we do have Kayla Cooper-Williams returning from an ACL that kept her out all season, several proven scorers who have matured, and a couple of good-looking freshmen coming in, one of whom is the little sister of an NBA player (he played at Tennessee and I remember him pretty well). So all is not lost.....but it's a long time till November.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: