RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 South Carolina vs #2 Mississippi St - 4/02/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
South Carolina
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Mississippi St
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 27

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
USC winning the NC minus Coates would be Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coates didn't play in SC's second victory over MSU in the SEC tourney, and she wasn't the biggest factor in their earlier season win. MSU isn't going to be able to contain Wilson anyway, and the game is likely to depend on how well Gray and Davis play. Either way, it's sad for Coates to miss this FF after her significant contributions to the success of the SC program.

This will be the first time in several years that I plan to watch the entirety of the NC game. This will be much more engaging with a new national champion than a UConn foregone-conclusion smackdown.

Indeed.

What was your expectation of the MSU-CT game, and did you even watch? Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/02/17 12:54 pm    ::: Re: #1 South Carolina vs #2 Mississippi St - 4/02/17 Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
....without UConn there, at least the slobber won't be so redundant.

Don't hold your breath! We should take bets (or at least run a poll) on how many times we'll see a replay--with analysis--of the Flagrant 1 foul on KLS that (didn't quite) change the course of history.

I'm hoping Doris ponders if UConn will have its first losing streak in 886 games, which will happen if they lose their opener (tOSU?) next year...

[midway through
Q2, scored tied at 11]:

"You know Dave, even MORE incredible than the 11 National Championships, the 10 straight final fours, the 111-game winning streak- and these are incredible in and of themselves and speak to the hard work, tirelessness, dedication and PURSUIT OF PERFECTION which define this program, but even more astounding is this statistic: [pause for emphasis] they haven't had a losing streak in 886 games!! They have not lost back-to-back games since March 1993! What do you think about THAT Dave O'Brien?! It's an amazing achievement and we have to wonder if the pressure of losing here in the semifinal will weigh on this team over the course of the summer and into the fall and become an impediment to their PURSUIT OF PERFECTION".

[Meanwhile, 2 fouls and a turnover have occurred, all unmentioned].

Can't wait to see what the espn hype machine will do with this in Nov. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/17 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

November? Why wait?

What's the over/under on the amount of time spent talking tonight about UConn instead of the two teams actually playing in the final? If you think we aren't going to hear Doris blather on about Walker and Stevens and how shocking the loss was and how she said that if you're going to beat them it better be the year because they aren't going to lose another game for the next 25 years, blah blah blah blah blah. . . .

Good drinking game would be the number of times O'Brien calls the Miss St game the biggest upset in history. After all, the world needs to know that this was a total fluke and Miss St doesn't really deserve to be here. And it's Doris and Dave's job to get that message across loud and clear.

They also have TWO one hour pregame shows (ESPNU at 4, ESPN at 5) to fill. Which team will get the most airtime in those shows? SCar, Miss St or UConn?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
November? Why wait?

What's the over/under on the amount of time spent talking tonight about UConn instead of the two teams actually playing in the final? If you think we aren't going to hear Doris blather on about Walker and Stevens and how shocking the loss was and how she said that if you're going to beat them it better be the year because they aren't going to lose another game for the next 25 years, blah blah blah blah blah. . . .

Good drinking game would be the number of times O'Brien calls the Miss St game the biggest upset in history. After all, the world needs to know that this was a total fluke and Miss St doesn't really deserve to be here. And it's Doris and Dave's job to get that message across loud and clear.

They also have TWO one hour pregame shows (ESPNU at 4, ESPN at 5) to fill. Which team will get the most airtime in those shows? SCar, Miss St or UConn?

Yea things need to change. UCONN should not still recieve the most pub in the tourney after the loss. Kind of a slap in the face to the 2 contenders tonight.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Coates didn't play in SC's second victory over MSU in the SEC tourney, and she wasn't the biggest factor in their earlier season win. MSU isn't going to be able to contain Wilson anyway, and the game is likely to depend on how well Gray and Davis play. Either way, it's sad for Coates to miss this FF after her significant contributions to the success of the SC program.

This will be the first time in several years that I plan to watch the entirety of the NC game. This will be much more engaging with a new national champion than a UConn foregone-conclusion smackdown.

Indeed.

What was your expectation of the MSU-CT game, and did you even watch? Very Happy

I was definitely expecting another smackdown so I didn't turn it on. I checked the score at half-time and had a Holy **** moment, I need to be watching this. Having seen MSU play a number of games this year, I didn't think they had the talent to beat UConn (and I still don't) but their intensity and team play makes up for that.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/02/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Indeed.

I was definitely expecting another smackdown so I didn't turn it on. I checked the score at half-time and had a Holy **** moment, I need to be watching this. Having seen MSU play a number of games this year, I didn't think they had the talent to beat UConn (and I still don't) but their intensity and team play makes up for that.

Fans like you deserve to miss great games.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

well, they've avoided having to talk so much by having a softball game run over into the time slot. They're probably madly trying to re-do the show so that it's not ALL about UConn. They probably had an hour's worth of special moments to recap about the huskies...now delving into the archives trying to find anything to show about MSU.

- Amanda Gorman
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/02/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I think most agree with you, as the championship game is sold out.....

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/02/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I didn't think they had the talent to beat UConn (and I still don't)

My opinion is that UConn would beat Mississippi State seven or eight times out of 10, but this game wasn't one of those times. It happens, and should, and is interesting when it does.
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/02/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
I didn't think they had the talent to beat UConn (and I still don't)

My opinion is that UConn would beat Mississippi State seven or eight times out of 10, but this game wasn't one of those times. It happens, and should, and is interesting when it does.

yeah, Vic actually implied something to that effect in the post game interview.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

well, they've avoided having to talk so much by having a softball game run over into the time slot. They're probably madly trying to re-do the show so that it's not ALL about UConn. They probably had an hour's worth of special moments to recap about the huskies...now delving into the archives trying to find anything to show about MSU.

Hey, it was a Note Dame victory. Definitely worthwhile. Very Happy

But they did find a way to mention UConn in the first line of the basketball show before they mentioned either game participant.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/02/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Had no idea Maria was so tall. Guess we always see her sitting. Did she play somewhere? It's fun to see her and Lobo towering over Landers.

- Amanda Gorman
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/02/17 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Had no idea Maria was so tall. Guess we always see her sitting. Did she play somewhere? It's fun to see her and Lobo towering over Landers.

She played volleyball and basketball at UGA.....

bballgrl

PostPosted: 04/02/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well folks it is almost game time! I have no idea how this game will end I just hope the ref's call a clean game and not just give the game to EITHER team!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/02/17 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting conversation about Coates not being there.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lets see of the bulldogs have enough in the tank coming off bacl to bakc overtime games

PostPosted: 04/02/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the last night we get to hear the let me make your hands clap song. Sad

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorite line of the day so far comes from the South Carolina board. One poster wrote that he had almost forgotten Doris Burke was doing the game, to which another replied:

"She still picks UConn to win it all"

I must admit, I laughed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
This is the last night we get to hear the let me make your hands clap song. Sad

+1 it grew on me cool song ill be singing it forever #IcanMakeYourHandsClap

PostPosted: 04/02/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice little play for MSST.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

holy shit, burke has mentioned uconn 4x in the first 2.5 mins!

Just want a good game without the officials being the stars. Also for Doris to get layringitis(sp?)

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/02/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nice late whistle

That seemed like a late call on SC.

dinkytown

Another one of those if she makes it then no foul, but since she missed we'll blow the whistle calls...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: