RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut vs #2 Mississippi St - 3/31/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Wow. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I just watched the replay of that final shot. Wow.

I didn't think MSU had a chance. I expected a UConn win by at least 20. I'm thrilled to be wrong - new blood is important for the sport.

That said, this is certainly not the biggest upset in the sport. Nothing is close to Harvard over Stanford. Even in recent years, Louisville over Baylor is bigger. There's also Duke over Tennessee in 1999.

Oh my, sanity!

Yep in college basketball Villanova over Georgetown.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When and where is this game being re-aired?

Howee

PostPosted: 04/01/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
When and where is this game being re-aired?

Well, I'm betting you'll get to see the Re-hash of The Flop, and the winning shot about 14 times during tomorrow's game. Laughing

PUmatty wrote:
....this is certainly not the biggest upset in the sport. Nothing is close to Harvard over Stanford. Even in recent years, Louisville over Baylor is bigger. There's also Duke over Tennessee in 1999.

Yeah, I think last night's was The Biggest: in the ones named above, The Wrong Team lost. Last night, The Right Team lost. Razz

Kidding aside, last night's outcome is one of the grandest outcomes in the Sports Universe--David takes down Goliath. It probably made our National Championship pick up a million more viewers. It's loaded with benefits for this game we love. UConn will be back. Thankfully, so will: SC, MsSt, Baylor, FLState, Stanford, etc., etc.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn was 1-7 on shots in the OT.

Overtime, historically, is Gen-0 time. I don't have the inclination at the moment to count all his OT losses in the tournament and otherwise, but his record must be pretty poor.

I'm not saying this loss was his fault -- most of the players had moments of poor execution -- but he bears part of the responsibility for not having an effective game plan against MSU.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Overtime, historically, is Gen-0 time. I don't have the inclination at the moment to count all his OT losses in the tournament and otherwise, but his record must be pretty poor.

I'm not saying this loss was his fault -- most of the players had moments of poor execution -- but he bears part of the responsibility for not having an effective game plan against MSU.

I believe he's 0-5 in tourney OT games.

I'm not gonna blame this one on Geno at all. He didn't shoot 17-25 from the line, miss a shitload of bunnies, play with his head up his ass, or shoot the dumbest shot in UConn history.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Wow. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I just watched the replay of that final shot. Wow.

I didn't think MSU had a chance. I expected a UConn win by at least 20. I'm thrilled to be wrong - new blood is important for the sport.

That said, this is certainly not the biggest upset in the sport. Nothing is close to Harvard over Stanford. Even in recent years, Louisville over Baylor is bigger. There's also Duke over Tennessee in 1999.

YES! Tennessee was primed and ready for a four peat, much like UConn LAST year. If UConn had been beat LAST year, then this would have stacked up as the biggest upset. But, since it was the year AFTER UConn lost 1-2-3 WNBA draftees, it was not.

When Duke beat Tennessee in 1999, Duke had not gone to a FF. Tennessee had the 3 Meeks - especially Holdsclaw and Kelly Jolley at PG. Duke fans thought I was crazy for saying Duke could win.

But the biggest upset in NCAA bball is NC State over Phi Slamma Jamma. And remember, this is a Duke fan talking here.

~rAf
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OT: Men's game -

So, Karnowski for Gonzaga gets slapped/poked in the eye on a block attempt and I didn't hear one peep about going to the monitor for a review. He had to leave the game, go to the locker room early and is now dealing with blurry vision.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/01/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

YES! Tennessee was primed and ready for a four peat, much like UConn LAST year. If UConn had been beat LAST year, then this would have stacked up as the biggest upset. But, since it was the year AFTER UConn lost 1-2-3 WNBA draftees, it was not.

When Duke beat Tennessee in 1999, Duke had not gone to a FF. Tennessee had the 3 Meeks - especially Holdsclaw and Kelly Jolley at PG. Duke fans thought I was crazy for saying Duke could win.

But the biggest upset in NCAA bball is NC State over Phi Slamma Jamma. And remember, this is a Duke fan talking here.

You're not doing the haters any favors. It's so much better if it's THE GREATEST UPSET IN HISTORY!!!

Personally, I think the '83 and '85 men's finals- finals- are about equal.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reaction of Doris when Miss. St. won
https://twitter.com/karalawson20/status/848318800030203904

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/01/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Thank God!!!!

Go sit yo azz down, UConn......

Typical Conway, that is why you got your ass razzed on other boards. No class. How about a mention to the great game the bulldogs play. Dope.

I got my ass razzed on other boards by you and other UConn fans because I championed the SEC in WCBB. Now it is an All-SEC Championship Finals. How bout that dope for ya??

Just shows you do not know what it is like to be a winner with class. Go look at all the posts here by UCONN fans, They all congratulated The BUlldogs. It is called being a winner even when you are on the wrong side of the score. Besides, we didn't razz you after the Gamecocks lost because you always dissappered on other boards after a defeat. LOL.

I went to the Miss St. and SEC boards, and congratulated them there, where they'll read it! Just like I've congratulated Miss St. all season long, which not very many here have done towards them until just a few hours ago. And yes, your group razzed the Gamecocks when they lost, razzed them when they won, and razzed them in the off-season when they didn't even play - and did it to my face. Unless that waste of a board was shut down or the threads were deleted, they are still there to back me up, and prove you a liar.

And a lot of you still do it here: for every game thread of another team here that I go into and post about how "not impressed" I am with those teams - even after they win games - there are posters here who post the same thing dozens of times in South Carolina game threads. I rarely at all even bother posting in game threads here that don't include South Carolina, and those threads are still here to back me up, so you know where to shove that high horse.....

Your prepubescent post says it all as to why you get razzed all the time as it has nothing to do with the Gamecocks but you. Actually this is what you bring to all the boards you populate and it is the antithesis of what Rebkell is all about so as such I apologize to all others and move on.

We only move on by closing it on this note: oldfandepot2 talked about posting with "class" over a loss. He has a history of posting with such "class".

My very first experiences of this poster was when A'ja Wilson chose South Carolina over - among other programs - his UConn team. He showed his "class" by trashing Wilson and her family, calling her father a manipulative parent that would be controlling behind the scenes (outside of people directly involved within the program, most of Gamecock Nation doesn't even know what Wilson's parents look like, and Wilson Sr. doesn't own any social accounts), and that A'ja was an attention-seeking spoiled diva that didn't take to coaching.

This was only a small sample size of the "class" I would experience with this poster and other UConn posters on the other site, and most of them (plus a few fans of other programs) not only also post here, but also participated in the thread trashing Wilson. All because a teenager didn't choose their program. That was some of the very first experiences I had of UConn fanbase "CLASS".....

Again, how about THAT dope? NOW we move on.....

http://collegefansonly.net/thread/12000/aja-wilson-who-select

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/17 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lvf08 wrote:

PRICELESS!!!!! Laughing Laughing

Kudos to the camera person that thought to focus at them at that moment! Deserves an award! Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/01/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Thank God!!!!

Go sit yo azz down, UConn......

Typical Conway, that is why you got your ass razzed on other boards. No class. How about a mention to the great game the bulldogs play. Dope.

I got my ass razzed on other boards by you and other UConn fans because I championed the SEC in WCBB. Now it is an All-SEC Championship Finals. How bout that dope for ya??

Just shows you do not know what it is like to be a winner with class. Go look at all the posts here by UCONN fans, They all congratulated The BUlldogs. It is called being a winner even when you are on the wrong side of the score. Besides, we didn't razz you after the Gamecocks lost because you always dissappered on other boards after a defeat. LOL.

I went to the Miss St. and SEC boards, and congratulated them there, where they'll read it! Just like I've congratulated Miss St. all season long, which not very many here have done towards them until just a few hours ago. And yes, your group razzed the Gamecocks when they lost, razzed them when they won, and razzed them in the off-season when they didn't even play - and did it to my face. Unless that waste of a board was shut down or the threads were deleted, they are still there to back me up, and prove you a liar.

And a lot of you still do it here: for every game thread of another team here that I go into and post about how "not impressed" I am with those teams - even after they win games - there are posters here who post the same thing dozens of times in South Carolina game threads. I rarely at all even bother posting in game threads here that don't include South Carolina, and those threads are still here to back me up, so you know where to shove that high horse.....

Your prepubescent post says it all as to why you get razzed all the time as it has nothing to do with the Gamecocks but you. Actually this is what you bring to all the boards you populate and it is the antithesis of what Rebkell is all about so as such I apologize to all others and move on.

We only move on by closing it on this note: oldfandepot2 talked about posting with "class" over a loss. He has a history of posting with such "class".

My very first experiences of this poster was when A'ja Wilson chose South Carolina over - among other programs - his UConn team. He showed his "class" by trashing Wilson and her family, calling her father a manipulative parent that would be controlling behind the scenes (outside of people directly involved within the program, most of Gamecock Nation doesn't even know what Wilson's parents look like, and Wilson Sr. doesn't own any social accounts), and that A'ja was an attention-seeking spoiled diva that didn't take to coaching.

This was only a small sample size of the "class" I would experience with this poster and other UConn posters on the other site, and most of them (plus a few fans of other programs) not only also post here, but also participated in the thread trashing Wilson. All because a teenager didn't choose their program. That was some of the very first experiences I had of UConn fanbase "CLASS".....

Again, how about THAT dope? NOW we move on.....

http://collegefansonly.net/thread/12000/aja-wilson-who-select
You picked the wrong thread as her signing was universally panned as the dog and pony show it was akin to the Labron fiasco. I think the analogy was how that Stewart signed hers humbly, simply without fanfare on the hood of a car. That is how a four time MVP does it - no comparison. She and you brought it on yourselves with your hubris. You came in flaming and got burnt badly, numerous times and ran away. Now it is done.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doris looks like she wanted to cry lol
She is not a Uconn alum so why is she such a Uconn honer? Does she get some kind of bonus from Espn when Uconn wins the championship?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State Earned Every Bit Of That Upset Over UConn

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mississippi-state-earned-every-bit-of-that-upset-over-uconn/

Quote:
The Bulldogs had the last offensive possession in all five periods, and started with the ball in the second and third quarters, netting them two extra “fencepost” possessions.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Mississippi State Earned Every Bit Of That Upset Over UConn

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mississippi-state-earned-every-bit-of-that-upset-over-uconn/

Quote:
The Bulldogs had the last offensive possession in all five periods, and started with the ball in the second and third quarters, netting them two extra “fencepost” possessions.

538 blows at many of their a priori political and sports predictions, but this guy's a posteriori analysis of the game is quite good.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I'm not gonna blame this one on Geno at all. He didn't shoot 17-25 from the line, miss a shitload of bunnies, play with his head up his ass, or shoot the dumbest shot in UConn history.

Young & inexperienced Uconn players shit their pants. That's not on Geno.

I expected it to happen at some point, but it never did during the season..of course there was always the fear that it was going to happen during the tournament, they were just playing so well prior.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Young & inexperienced Uconn players shit their pants. That's not on Geno.

I expected it to happen at some point, but it never did during the season..of course there was always the fear that it was going to happen during the tournament, they were just playing so well prior.

I kinda think Geno was hoping this would happen earlier in the year so he could use it to prepare them...so that it wouldn't happen in the tourney, but the Gods were not on his side in this one.

And after the great FLOP it became karma. It would have been totally disgusting if the FLOP was the catalyst for a UConn win.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 04/02/17 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
lvf08 wrote:

Kudos to the camera person that thought to focus at them at that moment! Deserves an award! Laughing

Amazing. Shocked She must have had a bet with Kara or something else going on, besides her General Homerism. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
lvf08 wrote:

Amazing. Shocked She must have had a bet with Kara or something else going on, besides her General Homerism. Laughing

That clip is a wonderfully revealing Rorschach test. Cool

PostPosted: 04/02/17 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
lvf08 wrote:

really Doris? What a piece of sh!t.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/02/17 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
lvf08 wrote:

Kudos also to Kara Lawson for tweeting it. Very Happy

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/02/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
lvf08 wrote:

Kudos also to Kara Lawson for tweeting it. Very Happy

It does make you wonder what their working relationship is now. Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
All of O'Brien's "shock the world" and "biggest upset of all times" rubbish is certainly condescending and insulting, isn't it? They're a 2 seed. This isn't like a 16 seed leading a 1 or anything.

Give 'em a little credit. They earned their way here.

ESPN is way out of line with that nonsense.

Theres nothing out of line about beating a team thats won 4 straight titles and 111 games in a row. 2 seed 10 seed hell 1 Seed thats just NOT suppose to happen . especially after only about 365 days ago being drubbed by the same team by 60! Espn did a great job

PostPosted: 04/02/17 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
All of O'Brien's "shock the world" and "biggest upset of all times" rubbish is certainly condescending and insulting, isn't it? They're a 2 seed. This isn't like a 16 seed leading a 1 or anything.

Give 'em a little credit. They earned their way here.

ESPN is way out of line with that nonsense.

Theres nothing out of line about beating a team thats won 4 straight titles and 111 games in a row. 2 seed 10 seed hell 1 Seed thats just NOT suppose to happen . especially after only about 365 days ago being drubbed by the same team by 60! Espn did a great job

The same team? How close do you follow WCB?

While underdog #2 seed MSU earned a great, exciting win in OT on a buzzer beater, ended an 111 game win streak, and knocked off the 4-time defending champ, it really wasn't what some people apparently want (or need) it to be. They beat a 36-0 UConn team that had 1 conf championship , 0 NCs, and was essentially in their first FF, just as MSU was in their actual first FF.

Again, if this was LAST YEAR, than yeah, I'd go with one of the greatest of all time.

Michigan won the WNIT yesterday with a 3OT 89-79 win over Georgia Tech, a team they lost to by 92-52 THIS SEASON!!!

GREATEST UPSET IN HISTORY? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/17 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
lvf08 wrote:

really Doris? What a piece of sh!t.

Hmmm? I was told. . . .

WNBA 09 wrote:
Espn did a great job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: