RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut vs #2 Mississippi St - 3/31/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/01/17 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Thank God!!!!

Go sit yo azz down, UConn......

Typical Conway, that is why you got your ass razzed on other boards. No class. How about a mention to the great game the bulldogs play. Dope.

I got my ass razzed on other boards by you and other UConn fans because I championed the SEC in WCBB. Now it is an All-SEC Championship Finals. How bout that dope for ya??

Just shows you do not know what it is like to be a winner with class. Go look at all the posts here by UCONN fans, They all congratulated The BUlldogs. It is called being a winner even when you are on the wrong side of the score. Besides, we didn't razz you after the Gamecocks lost because you always dissappered on other boards after a defeat. LOL.

I went to the Miss St. and SEC boards, and congratulated them there, where they'll read it! Just like I've congratulated Miss St. all season long, which not very many here have done towards them until just a few hours ago. And yes, your group razzed the Gamecocks when they lost, razzed them when they won, and razzed them in the off-season when they didn't even play - and did it to my face. Unless that waste of a board was shut down or the threads were deleted, they are still there to back me up, and prove you a liar.

And a lot of you still do it here: for every game thread of another team here that I go into and post about how "not impressed" I am with those teams - even after they win games - there are posters here who post the same thing dozens of times in South Carolina game threads. I rarely at all even bother posting in game threads here that don't include South Carolina, and those threads are still here to back me up, so you know where to shove that high horse.....

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/01/17 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Thank God!!!!

Typical Conway, that is why you got your ass razzed on other boards. No class. How about a mention to the great game the bulldogs play. Dope.

I got my ass razzed on other boards by you and other UConn fans because I championed the SEC in WCBB. Now it is an All-SEC Championship Finals. How bout that dope for ya??

Just shows you do not know what it is like to be a winner with class. Go look at all the posts here by UCONN fans, They all congratulated The BUlldogs. It is called being a winner even when you are on the wrong side of the score. Besides, we didn't razz you after the Gamecocks lost because you always dissappered on other boards after a defeat. LOL.

I went to the Miss St. and SEC boards, and congratulated them there, where they'll read it! Just like I've congratulated Miss St. all season long, which not very many here have done towards them until just a few hours ago. And yes, your group razzed the Gamecocks when they lost, razzed them when they won, and razzed them in the off-season when they didn't even play - and did it to my face. Unless that waste of a board was shut down or the threads were deleted, they are still there to back me up, and prove you a liar.

And a lot of you still do it here: for every game thread of another team here that I go into and post about how "not impressed" I am with those teams - even after they win games - there are posters here who post the same thing dozens of times in South Carolina game threads. I rarely at all even bother posting in game threads here that don't include South Carolina, and those threads are still here to back me up, so you know where to shove that high horse.....

Your prepubescent post says it all as to why you get razzed all the time as it has nothing to do with the Gamecocks but you. Actually this is what you bring to all the boards you populate and it is the antithesis of what Rebkell is all about so as such I apologize to all others and move on.

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 04/01/17 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
They keep showing that so-called "flagrant" on ESPN.

It may go down as the most famous flop in WBB history.

Grazed on the chin yet falls back holding her neck like she couldn't breath ,flop of the decade lol

I don't EVER want to hear UConn fans talk about ND and Natalie Novosel and flopping in the same sentence again. Not after that.

Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/01/17 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Grazed on the chin yet falls back holding her neck like she couldn't breath ,flop of the decade lol

I don't EVER want to hear UConn fans talk about ND and Natalie Novosel and flopping in the same sentence again. Not after that.

Wink

It is part of the game, is taught by every coach and if their players can get away with it, then all the better in their eyes. That is why rules are in place to stop it, but sometimes, they miss it, sometimes they get it right. Novosel like UCONN players was taught how to fall back on incidental contact with the hopes of drawing a charging foul on the oppposition. It is what it is. Worst kept dirty secret in on court basketball. There was none better at than Traygeon Langdon for Duke back in 99. The NCAA because of the outcry adopted the antiflop rule but they still do it to this day.

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 04/01/17 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/01/17 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First of all, this was a great game, congrats to Miss St. Sure Uconn didn't bring their best Collier struggled mightily as she was finally guarded unlike her run through the AAC, and I also feel sorry for Chong as her career ended on that play. William of Miss St is having a tournament to remember.

However, the sad thing is the poor sportsmanship on this board due to the hatred of 1 particular team by some of you. You wonder why our game gets less respect, it is due to the fact that some of you feel the need to constantly use jealousy of success to trash others.

The way some of you look at the game is through an envious hatred. There were lots of bad calls in this game that went against both teams, Williams could have been called for charges and prior to the flagrant there were 2 missed calls on Samuelson, 1 of which should have put her on the line for an and 1. But to actually say you hate a player when the refs miss the foul call on the play and then review later as they are required to do for the contact to above the shoulders, which by the way if you think MS State player was not trying to make contact in that area you are just biased as her arm was only there for that particular reason as she had lost Samuelson who would have had a layup.

The flagrant was called by the refs on review from all angles, if they were biased toward Uconn they would have called the obvious foul. So grow up people and show some class of your own.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/01/17 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know, I found Lawson just as annoying as Burke. Her, "this is the biggest upset in the sport" comment really pissed me off. MSU is a damn good team. And Lawson had her UCONN pom-poms out there along with Burke. The story is great that they lost by 60 a year ago, but come on Kara!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/17 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The UConn worship and "this is the biggest upset" must have been an edict handed down from on high by the powers that be at ESPN. They've been worshiping at Geno's throne for quite some years now.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Wink

It is part of the game, is taught by every coach and if their players can get away with it, then all the better in their eyes. That is why rules are in place to stop it, but sometimes, they miss it, sometimes they get it right. Novosel like UCONN players was taught how to fall back on incidental contact with the hopes of drawing a charging foul on the oppposition. It is what it is. Worst kept dirty secret in on court basketball. There was none better at than Traygeon Langdon for Duke back in 99. The NCAA because of the outcry adopted the antiflop rule but they still do it to this day.

Oh, I know it is part of the game. But some UConn fans made it their mission in life to bring it up all of the time when ND was beating them regularly.

They need to tuck their tails now and go to the dog house. Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
The UConn worship and "this is the biggest upset" must have been an edict handed down from on high by the powers that be at ESPN. They've been worshiping at Geno's throne for quite some years now.

This team was the record holder for a 111 win streak, and was a huge favorite to win.

As WCBB fans, we may have known better. That this was the year to get Uconn. But any casual fan would not have.

It's ESPN's job to hype their product. This is an understandable hype, and it would have been said about any team that beat Uconn.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

This team was the record holder for a 111 win streak, and was a huge favorite to win.

As WCBB fans, we may have known better. That this was the year to get Uconn. But any casual fan would not have.

It's ESPN's job to hype their product. This is an understandable hype, and it would have been said about any team that beat Uconn.

There's also last year's 60 point beatdown. That makes this upset seem bigger.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's also last year's 60 point beatdown. That makes this upset seem bigger.[/quote]

As several people have pointed out, different teams. Both sides.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Wink

Oh, I know it is part of the game. But some UConn fans made it their mission in life to bring it up all of the time when ND was beating them regularly.

They need to tuck their tails now and go to the dog house. Wink

157-2, both losses in OT, 4 straight NCs, 10 straight FFs, 11 NCs.

Tail dutifully tucked. Cool

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great win Miss State, "Itty Bitty" was amazing in this tournament. What a pleasure to watch her and it wa sa well deserved victory.

UConn...... No single loss can take away all their accomplishments. And I'm sure it hurts, but this isn't the end... It's UConn, they will be back.....

THE FLOP 🤔😳😶🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 WTF! Come on, Woman up and play ball.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

It absolutely would NOT have been said about "any" other team. They just didn't take upstart Miss St seriously. They haven't been WCBB royalty. This whole pitch was terribly demeaning to Miss St.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

ESPN's product is sports programming, not the UConn women's basketball team.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Thank God!!!!

If you'd like to be here to discuss your team in the title game, you're going to need to stop now; your sparring partner has already withdrawn and apologized.

(now with spelling variations)
zune69

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no guarantee uconn will win the national championship in 2018.Sure,the huskies will get a influx of talent.But the invincibility they had prior to last nights game no longer exist.Their core group has yet to win a final four game as the primary options.Nor do they have a transcendent player who can put the team on her back and carry them to victory(Taurasi,Moore,Stewart).Despite the lost to msst,uconn will undoubtedly be the favorites.But I can see as many as 5 teams besides uconn contending for the national title next year(MSST,USC,Tennessee,Texas,Baylor).The key to any of these teams challenging uconn will be coaching.

Deshields imo will return for her senior year.

Last edited by zune69 on 04/01/17 10:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What do you know, I called it right 🙀

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Some people need to mature and understand basketball - it's a game of life, sportsmanship and character building not a vicarious life and forum for those who have not yet reached or grown maturity enough to understand what hard work, dedication, dignity, respect, sportsmanship and so forth add to life.

Mississippi State outplayed and out-coached UConn in this game and MSU deserves all the credit for this hard fought and earned victory. Vice versa, UConn deserves the respect, admiration and recognition for their hard work, dedication, past accomplishments and sportsmanship shown in the absorption of this loss. Both teams's players, coaches and fans should rejoice in having the privilege of experiencing this game and appreciate the hard work, dedication and sacrifice undertaken to achieve this level of play and entertainment and to apply it to life's challenges and accomplishments..

Some people need to gain maturity and respect and to undertake challenges as these players did. It helps tremendously to play sports, be part of a team and face the challenges and experiences of winning and losing. It builds character. It helps get them away from trying to find fault with others, calling them haters and so forth to maybe offset personal feelings of envy, jealousy, resentment, ego deflation, personal shortcomings or other challenging conditions for which self education, training and perseverance would be more beneficial.

Let's hope that at least some will positively learn and grow from experiencing this event. Don't you think so?

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bgLfOrVJJMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 04/01/17 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/17 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Some people need to mature and understand basketball - it's a game of life, sportsmanship and character building not a vicarious life and forum for those who have not yet reached or grown maturity enough to understand what hard work, dedication, dignity, respect, sportsmanship and so forth add to life.

Mississippi State outplayed and out-coached UConn in this game and MSU deserves all the credit for this hard fought and earned victory. Vice versa, UConn deserves the respect, admiration and recognition for their hard work, dedication, past accomplishments and sportsmanship shown in the absorption of this loss. Both teams's players, coaches and fans should rejoice in having the privilege of experiencing this game and appreciate the hard work, dedication and sacrifice undertaken to achieve this level of play and entertainment and to apply it to life's challenges and accomplishments..

Some people need to gain maturity and respect and to undertake challenges as these players did. It helps tremendously to play sports, be part of a team and face the challenges and experiences of winning and losing. It builds character. It helps get them away from trying to find fault with others, calling them haters and so forth to maybe offset personal feelings of envy, jealousy, resentment, ego deflation, personal shortcomings or other challenging conditions for which self education, training and perseverance would be more beneficial.

Let's hope that at least some will positively learn and grow from experiencing this event. Don't you think so?

Oh please. There is no need for a lecture. If you will read elsewhere, I wasn't criticizing UConn, I was criticizing ESPN for their flagrant and constant UConn worship. A very different thing. Please fold up your notes and take your lecture elsewhere, or at least don't attach it to my comment.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Oh please. There is no need for a lecture. If you will read elsewhere, I wasn't criticizing UConn, I was criticizing ESPN for their flagrant and constant UConn worship. A very different thing. Please fold up your notes and take your lecture elsewhere, or at least don't attach it to my comment.

Go Vols...More McDonald All Americans on the way.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/01/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I just watched the replay of that final shot. Wow.

I didn't think MSU had a chance. I expected a UConn win by at least 20. I'm thrilled to be wrong - new blood is important for the sport.

That said, this is certainly not the biggest upset in the sport. Nothing is close to Harvard over Stanford. Even in recent years, Louisville over Baylor is bigger. There's also Duke over Tennessee in 1999.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Wow. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I just watched the replay of that final shot. Wow.

I didn't think MSU had a chance. I expected a UConn win by at least 20. I'm thrilled to be wrong - new blood is important for the sport.

That said, this is certainly not the biggest upset in the sport. Nothing is close to Harvard over Stanford. Even in recent years, Louisville over Baylor is bigger. There's also Duke over Tennessee in 1999.

Oh my, sanity!

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
KatValeska wrote:
That was the right call. That said, this is the most poorly officiated game I can recall.

Can you recall the last game where UConn was on the ropes in such a big stage? That may be why....

Oh, I was screaming at the refs through my television throughout because that was so obvious.

I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't the right call after all. When they went to look at the replay all I could think was "OMG, they're not going to let the players determine the outcome." But when they put up the definition on the screen, I reconsidered.

Also wasn't difficult to notice that they didn't go to a monitor on the flagrant by the Huskies in the first half. It's as if the basketball divine goddesses - and Morgan William have more power than the officials.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: