RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, though, doesn't the Big Ten have penalties for transferring within conference?

I don't know how any of these teams feel about transfers, but I wonder if Shepard might be a good fit at a Midwestern high-mid. Drake and UNI both got a lot of exposure this postseason, and Creighton's not far (though if she burned the bridge with Yori, Creighton might not want her).

(now with spelling variations)
bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/29/17 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have to pay their own way.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/29/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Seriously, though, doesn't the Big Ten have penalties for transferring within conference?

I don't know how any of these teams feel about transfers, but I wonder if Shepard might be a good fit at a Midwestern high-mid. Drake and UNI both got a lot of exposure this postseason, and Creighton's not far (though if she burned the bridge with Yori, Creighton might not want her).

There at least used to be a conference policy that you were ineligible for a scholarship if you transferred within the conference. I am not sure it is still the policy.

It has been done before - April Calhoun, Luke Recker on the men's side - but intraconference transfer has been very rare.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/29/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Howee wrote:
LOL, I doubt that....she's not THAT good, imo. A bit overrated. Kinda sad to see what NE has digressed to.

Overrated? Have you seen her play much? (I haven't seen her much because I don't get the BTN.) She was certainly rated very highly coming out of HS: 3rd overall by Hoopgurlz and Blue Star and 4th by Prospects Nation. But maybe she hasn't looked good because she has no one else on her team to help her. Bigs require someone to get them the ball in the right spot at the right time. I would love it if Notre Dame went after her.
You think she's not good enough for UConn?

Yes, def overrated. HS rankings? Think: Mercedes Russell, Lauren Cox. Just. Not. THAT. Good.

UConn? Pleeeease. They have Azura Stevens coming off of her redshirt season.

As Durantula said, she's a big-bodied post, but not athletic in the style of the current Elites--A'ja Wilson, Joyner Holmes, Azura. She's GOOD--I'd be delighted if Oklahoma snagged her--I just don't see CT in her future.

PostPosted: 03/30/17 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My cyber stalking skills reveal that Shepherd has tweet-followed coaches from Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Missouri and Texas.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/31/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ODU's Keyana Brown (4.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg) and Manaya Jones (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg) to transfer. Jones started 12 games last year and Brown, one. Destinations unknown at this time.

PostPosted: 03/31/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Jessica Shepard, sophomore F from Nebraska, plans to transfer. No destination as of yet, but Coach Amy Williams has granted her release and says she will assist her in the transfer process.
http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/jessica-shepard-plans-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_d00c2341-8972-5635-931d-d6fe9b82379b.html

Goodness, please don't transfer to UConn.

Selfishly hoping for a Pac 12 school and contender.

The minute I saw her transfer notification, I immediately thought of what Geno could make her. I think she is a great talent. With that being said, I don't think she would come all the way to UCONN.

I'd love to see her at Colorado. CU has a good backcourt. What they are lacking is good forwards and post players. She could fit in quite nicely. And still be close to her home state.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/31/17 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shepard might not be all world, but she's easily one of the premier 4 players in the country and a very high profile transfer. She would be an immediate starter on any team in the country in 2018-19 besides UConn, Norte Dame assuming Turner red shirts next year and is still around by that point, and possibly Oregon (I'm a McGwire believer). She has some options.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/01/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chanise Smith from Miami Country Day has said once they are done playing today, she will most likely ask for a release from Illinois. She indicated that she will most likely look at Maryland, Ohio State and Purdue.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:

There at least used to be a conference policy that you were ineligible for a scholarship if you transferred within the conference. I am not sure it is still the policy.

It has been done before - April Calhoun, Luke Recker on the men's side - but intraconference transfer has been very rare.

Katie Coleman was eventually released from her LOI to Purdue and went to Illinois. Was she able to get a scholarship for the year or two that she played?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/03/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karissa McLaughlin had been released from her LOI at Florida. She'll play at Purdue.

She is the 10th ranked point guard in the class and likely Indiana Miss Basketball.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/198971/karissa-mclaughlin

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/03/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Karissa McLaughlin had been released from her LOI at Florida. She'll play at Purdue.

She is the 10th ranked point guard in the class and likely Indiana Miss Basketball.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/198971/karissa-mclaughlin

Not Dana Evans?

McLaughlin is a big pickup for Purdue, though. Guess they impressed some recruits with their late season charge.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/03/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Not Dana Evans?

McLaughlin is a big pickup for Purdue, though. Guess they impressed some recruits with their late season charge.

Gah! How did I forget about Evans?

Though, McLaughlin did edge her out for the Gatorade POY.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/03/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Not Dana Evans?

Gah! How did I forget about Evans?

Though, McLaughlin did edge her out for the Gatorade POY.

Those 2 will battle for sure.

That helps to make up for the graduation of Morrissette.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/03/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers Women’s Basketball Student-Athletes Granted Releases

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040317aab.html

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/03/17 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

gee zooey! Doesn't look good for CViv does it? Not that anybody scored much, but that's their top three scorers. Plus Scaife not coming back. And I don't think they have much coming in next year either.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/03/17 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Yikes.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/03/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Yowzer...that's not good at all. The following is from the official release located on the Rutgers site:

Quote:
Four members of the Rutgers women’s basketball team - junior guard Shrita Parker, junior forward Kandiss Barber, redshirt sophomore guard Ashli Jeune and sophomore Aliyah Jeune - have informed the coaching staff of their intents to transfer and have been granted releases.

"Their intents to transfer"???? Seriously, wtf? Does anybody proofread public documents anymore? Or better yet, does anyone give an eff?

allenleavell

PostPosted: 04/03/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
My cyber stalking skills reveal that Shepherd has tweet-followed coaches from Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Missouri and Texas.

Good job cyber stalking skills in handy!!!!

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/03/17 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

gee zooey! Doesn't look good for CViv does it? Not that anybody scored much, but that's their top three scorers. Plus Scaife not coming back. And I don't think they have much coming in next year either.

Scaife isn't coming back? I don't remember seeing that before.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/03/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Priscilla Smeenge was released from her Florida commitment, and she has verballed to Michigan.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/03/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I hadn't heard that either. Last I saw was the article about "Los Rojos" on the bench, Scaife and the transfers waiting for next year. If that's changed, t's new to a lot of us.

PostPosted: 04/03/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I hadn't heard that either. Last I saw was the article about "Los Rojos" on the bench, Scaife and the transfers waiting for next year. If that's changed, t's new to a lot of us.

I saw she declare d for the draft over in the WNBA thread

PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.

PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.

Wow! I see she's from Meridian, ID (close to Boise). Will this turn out to be a transfer closer to home? Oregon or Oregon State look to be the closest bigger programs.

Last edited by mzonefan on 04/04/17 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: